U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2016, 06:35 AM

1 posts, read 804 times

Advertisements

I definitely inherited the short leg genes from my mum and dad. My mum is 5 foot and my dad is 5'11" but he has 29" legs.
Im 5'10" and have to get 27" trousers which are almost touching the ground so its more 26" legs. Im also a big guy so finding trousers with a large waist and little legs is very difficult and online only as most large waists are only in 31" upwards. Ive never had anyone mention my small legs though and most are very surprised to find out that i need 27" trousers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2016, 09:47 AM

10,206 posts, read 16,213,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Balls View Post
I definitely inherited the short leg genes from my mum and dad. My mum is 5 foot and my dad is 5'11" but he has 29" legs.
Im 5'10" and have to get 27" trousers which are almost touching the ground so its more 26" legs. Im also a big guy so finding trousers with a large waist and little legs is very difficult and online only as most large waists are only in 31" upwards. Ive never had anyone mention my small legs though and most are very surprised to find out that i need 27" trousers.
As a person gets to be more overweight, their inseam gets shorter because the butt and belly hang down further.

Fortunately, it's really simple to hem pants to a shorter length. You could buy your pants longer and just have them hemmed to the length you need, or even learn to hem them yourself.

Old 04-01-2016, 01:46 PM

1,202 posts, read 1,490,662 times
Michael Phelps

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...b248a09709.jpg

Old 04-01-2016, 02:02 PM

64,423 posts, read 71,664,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
I'm 5-9. I have short legs and a long torso. I noticed most people have proper proportioned legs to torso length. My father also had short legs and a long torso. Another issue for short legged, long torso people is we tend to gain weight in our midsection.
of course it isn't a birth defect. It is just what you inherit. It does make buying pants a little bit more difficult: Hubby has lived with this his entire almost 80 years and now, he has a butt or lack of same just like his mom, so he can't even keep his pants up.

Old 01-01-2017, 11:06 AM

1 posts, read 466 times
I am 6' and I have a 29 1/2" inseam....it used to be 30" but a combination of osteoarthritis in the knees and fallen arches meant I got shorter. I definitely consider it a birth defect since it is not normal and it's different enough to cause noticeably consequences in your health. My shin bones curve out at the knees. This compromises the structural integrity of my knees when standing and when sleeping on my side at night. My arms are also correspondingly short which means the way I have to ergonomically interact with my environment results in a poor posture.
What is a birth defect? Well, sometimes being out of the norm can cause problems that are not so noticeable unless one puts 2 and 2 together.
Cheers
J.P.

Old 01-02-2017, 08:55 AM
Status: "Kind or right? Kind is always right." (set 5 days ago)

35,776 posts, read 26,473,268 times
LOL this thread made me laugh because while I am 5'8" and my husband is 5'11", it's impossible for us to hold hands when we're standing up, and we had a heckuva time finding a vehicle that felt good for both of us. That's because I am short waisted and have long legs, and he is long waisted and has short legs. Neither of us LOOKS weird, apart or together, but like I said, we really can't walk and hold hands at the same time because of the difference in our build, and when we sit down he looks a LOT taller than me.

I fell in love with a Nissan Murano several years ago and since it was going to be "my" car, he didn't say much about it. But over time, it became obvious that while I loved the car and the way it handled, it wasn't a fit for him at all. His head was right at the very top of the inside of the car!

Just bought a new car, and this time we got a Ford Explorer. Since he loves it so much, even though it's "mine," he drives it often. Thank goodness it has two settings for seats, because when he drives it, he has to completely readjust the seat, steering wheel, and mirrors. Forward, and down for the seat, pedals up, and the steering wheel is pushed way in. When I get in, I have to move the steering wheel way up, the seat way back but up, and the pedals back.

I also have a hard time finding pants long enough, so count your blessings, OP. It's a lot harder to ADD length to pants than it is to hem them! ("Tall girl" pants are nearly always TOO long for me - I just need pants an inch or two longer than they're usually made - not four inches longer.)

Old 08-22-2017, 07:32 PM

1 posts, read 179 times
I beleive we (LT/SL) have a higher than average concentration of Neanderthal DNA in our system. I beleive if you took a poll long torso/short legged people would have fewer bone breaks and feel more at home in boggy woodland areas while hunting large game with spears. Embrace your Neanderthal heritage!

Old 08-22-2017, 09:20 PM

344 posts, read 190,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Just bought a new car, and this time we got a Ford Explorer. Since he loves it so much, even though it's "mine," he drives it often. Thank goodness it has two settings for seats, because when he drives it, he has to completely readjust the seat, steering wheel, and mirrors. Forward, and down for the seat, pedals up, and the steering wheel is pushed way in. When I get in, I have to move the steering wheel way up, the seat way back but up, and the pedals back.
I am 5'3", long legged (a full 36") and very short torso. While the hubby is the opposite at 5'10".

We both find it funny how we don't have to change the seat at all and only require minor adjustments to the mirrors.

Old 08-23-2017, 05:15 PM

20,190 posts, read 13,449,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by naadarien View Post
I am 5'3", long legged (a full 36") and very short torso. While the hubby is the opposite at 5'10".

We both find it funny how we don't have to change the seat at all and only require minor adjustments to the mirrors.
Wow. 5'3 and 36 inch legs?!!!

You must rock a mini skirt!!
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum (on loan)

Old 08-23-2017, 05:21 PM

246 posts, read 72,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neanderthal lives within View Post
I beleive we (LT/SL) have a higher than average concentration of Neanderthal DNA in our system. I beleive if you took a poll long torso/short legged people would have fewer bone breaks and feel more at home in boggy woodland areas while hunting large game with spears. Embrace your Neanderthal heritage!
That's so crazy, because my mother's side of the family, particularly the males, all tend to have LT/SL, and when my Aunt did one of those ancestry tests, she found they had a strong concentration of Neanderthal in their family. I took it with a grain of salt when she told me, but I never realized there was truth to it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness