Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 03:11 PM

5,234 posts, read 7,983,041 times

Advertisements

I may just have a tendon problem, I say just, man it does hurt when I extend it in certain ways. I've put off the doc as I have other problems, anxiety and such so the trip to the GP I have little faith in at the small town VA clinic has been too much extra. I did find an interesting site, take a read, its got some helpful ideas on it. I'm gonna have to go in though, its just with the anxiety/agoraphobic stuff planning and doing can be miles apart. I'm alone too, except for my canine and feline kids and though they would love to help, they are limited to purrs, hugs and kisses. Best of luck to all suffering.

Are there natural, Paleo-friendly ways to reduce inflamation in tendons? - PaleoHacks.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 04:38 PM

289 posts, read 567,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
My husband had RC surgery. His hurt right away but the pain started low and progressed to more intense. My cuff is in bad shape, but my pain evolved over a period of time and never really got super intense. I had to seriously rest it for a few months to be pain free. Then I was stupid and thought I could do anything. Needed to rest it for a few months again. I've been pain free for about 6 months but that's because I don't do anything crazy. I have full range of motion but too much pressure or weight can really mess it up. One of these days I'll get around to physical therapy. I'm being good to it so I don't need surgery.
I know every rotator cuff injury is different (or I guess, I'm not a doctor), but I tore both rotator cuffs and was told by an orthopedic fellow that PT would only make it worse. I would **really** urge you to repair it sooner rather than later. I put my surgery off until it was too late for a repair and I had to have an inverse shoulder replacement. GREAT outcome...the second shoulder is up next. (To go along with my knees and hips ;-) )

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness