U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 05-02-2013, 08:50 PM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
903 posts, read 1,677,754 times
Reputation: 899

Advertisements

Oxygen Chamber Can Boost Brain Repair Years After Stroke or Trauma

I absolutely LOVE it when all beliefs in medicine are proven WRONG, that's why I believe it's important to keep an open mind, if this doctor had not taken a chance this discovery that will benefit millions would not have been made, again, and I can't repeat this enough, it took someone to "think outside the box" and not be satisfied with an old paradigm to be able to find this.

Here's a video too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Fj-aNnKpBg

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-04-2013, 12:59 AM
 
Location: Great Plains
25,587 posts, read 28,274,441 times
Reputation: 22713
The benefits of oxygen as a drug has been knowledge for many years. Your assertion that this is open minded or something not based on any sort of reality.

In an medical emergency proper exchange of air (airway) is the first thing medics check. The second thing we check is breathing... Once the airway is secured the perfusion of oxygen is ensured. So from anything cardiac to traumatic high concentration of oxygen is applied. The effects of oxygen is often noticeable. One can tell by looking at a patient, putting a machine on their finger that tells how much oxygen is in their blood.

Hyperbaric chambers have been used to 70 years to treat the bends. Oxygen tents have been used for limb reattachments.

In tiny little words, the use of oxygen is one of the most basic medical treatments and contrary to the op's assertion not that ground breaking. In fact it is so common and the benefits so well known there is no need for its discussion or even debate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-04-2013, 01:30 AM
 
Location: Greenville, SC
903 posts, read 1,677,754 times
Reputation: 899
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
The benefits of oxygen as a drug has been knowledge for many years. Your assertion that this is open minded or something not based on any sort of reality.

In an medical emergency proper exchange of air (airway) is the first thing medics check. The second thing we check is breathing... Once the airway is secured the perfusion of oxygen is ensured. So from anything cardiac to traumatic high concentration of oxygen is applied. The effects of oxygen is often noticeable. One can tell by looking at a patient, putting a machine on their finger that tells how much oxygen is in their blood.

Hyperbaric chambers have been used to 70 years to treat the bends. Oxygen tents have been used for limb reattachments.

In tiny little words, the use of oxygen is one of the most basic medical treatments and contrary to the op's assertion not that ground breaking. In fact it is so common and the benefits so well known there is no need for its discussion or even debate.
too much oxygen right after the trauma would actually have adverse effects in case of a stroke. Besides, this is about REVERSING old damage, offering hope for people who are currently impaired, and it may not be "news" to you (and WHO cares???) but I'm sure it is to many who have lost hope.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 05-04-2013 at 01:56 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2013, 10:02 AM
 
Location: Great Plains
25,587 posts, read 28,274,441 times
Reputation: 22713
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredOfSFL View Post
too much oxygen right after the trauma would actually have adverse effects in case of a stroke. Besides, this is about REVERSING old damage, offering hope for people who are currently impaired, and it may not be "news" to you (and WHO cares???) but I'm sure it is to many who have lost hope.
Why is the standard of care to provide oxygen?

Are we talking trauma or stroke? Now you are just contradicting yourself.

Again, in trauma situations and many medical the benefits of oxygen or so advantageous the risks are negligent compared to any potential risks. Oxygen therapy is very common and extremely effective.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-05-2013, 04:46 PM
 
Location: In a house
13,263 posts, read 32,144,400 times
Reputation: 20198
Quote:
I absolutely LOVE it when all beliefs in medicine are proven WRONG
Except, this proved the belief in medicine RIGHT. You must be hating yourself something fierce right now. Big Pharma was right all along: oxygen is good for you.

OMG someone call a naturopath quick!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top