U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 10-30-2013, 08:43 PM
 
Location: Up above the world so high!
45,264 posts, read 81,172,242 times
Reputation: 39477

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
If that works I will so owe you!
No problem! You will probably have to go to a GNC to find it, just FYI.

You can usually only find Magnesium Oxide at drug stores, but the Mag Citrate works so much better and is more healthy. You just take two pills a day to get 400mg. - though my nutritionist had me take 3 a day for a while when I was having a problem while restricting calories
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-26-2013, 06:47 PM
 
Location: Helsinki, Finland
5,475 posts, read 8,495,271 times
Reputation: 2411
Tramadol triggered anxiety and insomnia in me. I was up for 5 days straight. When i stopped the drug i went back to normal again. I'm also on the SSRI drug Paxil. Anyone with similar experiences?

Please try to answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2013, 09:17 PM
 
Location: NW Nevada
12,358 posts, read 9,602,636 times
Reputation: 11300
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
Tramadol triggered anxiety and insomnia in me. I was up for 5 days straight. When i stopped the drug i went back to normal again. I'm also on the SSRI drug Paxil. Anyone with similar experiences?

Please try to answer.
Tramadol should NOT be taken with SSRI antidepressants. The effects are intensified usually, or, in your case, the drugs antagonized. Paxil, Celexa etc warn against taking with Tramadol(Ultram) in the patient education sheets. I Accidentally mixed Ultram and Celexa because I didn't read the sheet for and the same doctor that prescribed the Celexa gave me the Tramadol. What it did to me was make me sleep like a rock for a solid ten hours. It actually wasn't a bad thing. I felt great!

However, I am on a serious pain management regimine now. Tramadol is ineffective on my pain. It is not for serious , cbronic pain. Addiction wise it is low risk, but, dependency, it is being found, can be common over long term use. Suddenly stopping after a long time usage can cause insomnia, muscle spasm, restlessness, irritability etc. Not near what opioid withdrawal is like, these latter effects are usually pretty mild in comparison.

I am on long term opioid therapy. Yes, I am quite dependent /addicted, but, it's car better than the pain, which can only get worse. So, I don't sweat the dependency or addiction. I have a quality if life with the meds, not so much without them.

Anyway, hope that helps with the Tramadol info. Good luck to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-26-2013, 10:54 PM
 
3,117 posts, read 3,121,148 times
Reputation: 4457
Took tramadol for about 5 weeks, had to kick it before a steroid packet. I did experience a lot of trouble sleeping, anxiousness, and feelings as if I were coming out of my skin after I stopped taking it. I'm back to normal now though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2013, 02:17 AM
 
Location: Helsinki, Finland
5,475 posts, read 8,495,271 times
Reputation: 2411
I had the aforementioned symptoms when i was on it (except the skin thing). I took 400mg a day for four days. Anyway, i'm not touching that stuff ever again! The doctor who prescribed it knew that i was on Paxil.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2013, 06:12 AM
 
Location: NW Nevada
12,358 posts, read 9,602,636 times
Reputation: 11300
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
I had the aforementioned symptoms when i was on it (except the skin thing). I took 400mg a day for four days. Anyway, i'm not touching that stuff ever again! The doctor who prescribed it knew that i was on Paxil.
Same with me and the Celexa. It really pays yo read those pharmacy sheets. Tramadol is a synthetic opiate. Its chemical structure makes it suceptable to bad interactions with antidepressants. Truthfully, for short term, "as needed" pain control , the lower strength hydrocodones are better and have less side effects. I.E. Vicoden 5/500 or Norco 5/325, for a 7-10 day regimine. A lot of people, me included, have side effect issues with Tramadol. Prescribing it makes some doctors feel better, because jg is nog, technically, a narcotic.

Narcotic pain control has become stigmatized and synonymous with abuse. I have come across doctors that will leave patients in agony, rather than give them Vicoden. These types need to be horsewhipped. Even people like me, with chronic, degenerative conditions that will only get worse get treated like Rx shoppers by these types of doctors. Yet, these same docfors will prescribe Tramadol and antidepressants together. ???? WTF?!

My pain management doctor says this is a result og Big Brother, and because of the fear generated a lot of people, who are in screaming pain, are denied the medication that could give them something resembling a life. Beinv forced to gut through that kind of pain is both pbysically and mentally debilitating. People will commit suicide, rather than continue to live like that. Yes, pain can be that bad, and when doctors tell you to just "be tough and push through it.", even with obvious and totally visible conditions, well, everyone has a breaking point. So, they may end their life or turn to street drugs. These types of doctors would rather see that than design a controlled and safe pain management program tailored to a patients needs? Seems so.
U
It's best to just see an actual pain specialist who is not so afraid be aggressive with hard core pain issues and doesn't treat everyone like a drug seeker. We go to doctors for help. Not lectures and dismissal of our conditions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2013, 06:44 AM
 
Location: Helsinki, Finland
5,475 posts, read 8,495,271 times
Reputation: 2411
Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
Same with me and the Celexa. It really pays yo read those pharmacy sheets. Tramadol is a synthetic opiate. Its chemical structure makes it suceptable to bad interactions with antidepressants. Truthfully, for short term, "as needed" pain control , the lower strength hydrocodones are better and have less side effects. I.E. Vicoden 5/500 or Norco 5/325, for a 7-10 day regimine. A lot of people, me included, have side effect issues with Tramadol. Prescribing it makes some doctors feel better, because jg is nog, technically, a narcotic.

Narcotic pain control has become stigmatized and synonymous with abuse. I have come across doctors that will leave patients in agony, rather than give them Vicoden. These types need to be horsewhipped. Even people like me, with chronic, degenerative conditions that will only get worse get treated like Rx shoppers by these types of doctors. Yet, these same docfors will prescribe Tramadol and antidepressants together. ???? WTF?!

My pain management doctor says this is a result og Big Brother, and because of the fear generated a lot of people, who are in screaming pain, are denied the medication that could give them something resembling a life. Beinv forced to gut through that kind of pain is both pbysically and mentally debilitating. People will commit suicide, rather than continue to live like that. Yes, pain can be that bad, and when doctors tell you to just "be tough and push through it.", even with obvious and totally visible conditions, well, everyone has a breaking point. So, they may end their life or turn to street drugs. These types of doctors would rather see that than design a controlled and safe pain management program tailored to a patients needs? Seems so.
U
It's best to just see an actual pain specialist who is not so afraid be aggressive with hard core pain issues and doesn't treat everyone like a drug seeker. We go to doctors for help. Not lectures and dismissal of our conditions.
You hit the nail on the head. I agree 100%

I have no respect for GP's anymore. It ALWAYS turns into a moral lecture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-27-2013, 12:31 PM
 
Location: NW Nevada
12,358 posts, read 9,602,636 times
Reputation: 11300
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
You hit the nail on the head. I agree 100%

I have no respect for GP's anymore. It ALWAYS turns into a moral lecture.
Yes indeed. I had to go to the ER about a year ago, I was flat sick. Nausea, vomiting, fever of 104. Completely unrelated to my chronic bone disease. Of course, I told them the medications I take, one of which, at that time was hydrocodone. The ER doctor put me through the Spanish Inquisition about it. Wanted to run a tox screen, accused me of abusing it, acgually called my pain doctor and vrilled him about my "drug history". Sheesh....I wasn't even there because I was in pain nor was I asking for pain meds. Hell, I TOLD this clown I had a scrip for pain meds. I was just sick and wanted to get checked out.

He treated me like some kind of junkie because I'm on pain management. Like I just HAD to be hiding something and was there seeking drugs. Even though I listed ALL my meds with the Norco at the top of the list.

My pain management doctor set him straight, but he still read me the riot act about narcotics abuse, how HE thought is was wrong to use these drugs for maintenance pain management, blah blah blah. It was three hours before I got to the real reason I was there. Im glad I wasn't in there with a broken bone or something. This idiot would probably not even give out Aspirin.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2017, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32 - Top