Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2013, 11:13 PM

44,620 posts, read 61,578,192 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidJK View Post
Why? What's about 6 months?
Because symptoms or problems can show up out of the clear blue skies months to years later related to previous accidents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2013, 11:57 PM

1,950 posts, read 3,525,630 times
Quote:
I had a pretty bad car crash a few days ago, the car was lost because the frontal section was gone. I called the police and they brough an ambulance with them.

I hit the head on the restraint, had about 6 or 7 bruises, several small cuts in my neck and a bigger cut in arm but felt fine. Therefore, I didn't go to the hospital even though the ambulance crew insisted with me for about an hour. They stayed until the car was removed but then I called my brother to pick me up.

The next day, however, I felt like I had been hit by a bulldozer. It was a huge sacrifice to get out of bed and I felt dizzy at work. I had to ask to leave earlier (I'll give them the extra hours later). While going down the stairs, it felt like I kept missing steps.

Apart from that, I feel fine though.
Not only might you have an injury, but for insurance purposes you should get this checked out.

As for delayed repurcussions, we know a guy who fell off his roof, said he felt OK, did not seek care, and later found himself paralyzed. He had an injury to the spinal cord and should have NOT continued working and moving around. Paralysis could have been prevented if he had instead called an ambulance and been transported to the hospital.

Old 06-30-2013, 01:49 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayN View Post
If you had stayed in hospital, you would have surely caught an infection that required a 3 month hospital stay. Hospitals are places of death, in the end you are in a much worse condition.
This is such nonsense. Where the heck do you go to get treatment?

Old 06-30-2013, 08:18 AM

677 posts, read 1,193,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJBest View Post
Where the heck do you go to get treatment?
Not in a hospital for sure. People have to learn to stay at home while sick, just like in the past. The overcrowding of hospitals is the result of the idea that you have to stay in hospital to get better. In 90% of the cases, you don't.

Another thing people have to learn again is to die at home.

Old 06-30-2013, 11:37 AM

24,488 posts, read 41,124,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayN View Post
Not in a hospital for sure. People have to learn to stay at home while sick, just like in the past. The overcrowding of hospitals is the result of the idea that you have to stay in hospital to get better. In 90% of the cases, you don't.

Another thing people have to learn again is to die at home.
When you have a serious injury, as the OP did, you go to the hospital. When you're seriously sick, you see a doctor. If you're hospitals are overcrowded, there's something wrong. I can walk into my hospital and wait less than 5 minutes.

Old 07-01-2013, 09:03 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,694,042 times
In some cases, the insurance only covers if medical care is sought within a very short time post accident.

Old 07-05-2013, 03:05 PM

168 posts, read 314,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by west seattle gal View Post
Not only might you have an injury, but for insurance purposes you should get this checked out.

As for delayed repurcussions, we know a guy who fell off his roof, said he felt OK, did not seek care, and later found himself paralyzed. He had an injury to the spinal cord and should have NOT continued working and moving around. Paralysis could have been prevented if he had instead called an ambulance and been transported to the hospital.
I don't have insurance so it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

Old 07-06-2013, 04:24 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,004,925 times
Quote:
I don't have insurance so it wouldn't have mattered anyway.

You don't have car insurance?

Old 07-11-2013, 03:53 AM

168 posts, read 314,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim in FL View Post
You don't have car insurance?
No, health insurance.

Old 07-11-2013, 04:09 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,004,925 times
Quote:
No, health insurance.
ok..so your excuse for not getting medical care after your accident was what?? This is why you have car insurance...to cover you in case you're in accident.

Here in Florida you have 14 days to seek medical care after a car accident, after that your insurance company doesn't have to pay dime for your medical bills.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness