U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2013, 11:56 PM

26,167 posts, read 12,442,108 times

Advertisements

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/health/2...ar-free-snacks

Quote:
A New Jersey bakery shut its doors at the urging of the FDA after their baked goods were found to be seasoned with a bit more sugar and fat than what appeared on the label. [more]
UNREAL!!

Do you think they would shut them down IF THEY FOUND ASPERTAME in REG SUGARED FOOD?? -- Probably not!!! (They dont care if ppl get sick and its quite apparent)

Sickening is what it is....... THE FDA IS NOT (OR HASNT EVER BEEN) ON OUR SIDE!!
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 06:40 PM

13,263 posts, read 31,774,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude111 View Post
Bakery Shut Down After FDA Finds Sugar in Sugar-Free Snacks - ABC News

UNREAL!!

Do you think they would shut them down IF THEY FOUND ASPERTAME in REG SUGARED FOOD?? -- Probably not!!! (They dont care if ppl get sick and its quite apparent)

Sickening is what it is....... THE FDA IS NOT (OR HASNT EVER BEEN) ON OUR SIDE!!
Yeah, the FDA certainly doesn't give a tinker's damn about diabetics who might want a sweet treat, and turn to these so-called "sugar-free" desserts, thinking that one won't kill them or send them into diabetic shock. Since there's no sugar in them, you know. Oh wait - there is. But they said there isn't. Diabetics rely on this information to keep themselves not merely healthy - but alive. The FDA is doing a little thing we like to call "their job." And if the bakery claimed that the product had NO aspartame in it, and it turned out there WAS aspartame in it, you'd better believe the FDA would shut them down.

Just the same way they shut Butterfly down for adding sugar in something they claimed had no sugar added.

Old 05-27-2013, 07:25 PM

3,820 posts, read 3,805,255 times
I actually bought some of the Double choc. chip muffins in my local Giant and tested my BS after and it was waaaay too high for sugar free. It didn't make sense. I never bought them again. But they were good.

Old 05-28-2013, 10:26 PM

1,231 posts, read 2,594,016 times
Tomorrow's new: A class action from customers who are allegedly obese after eating a few thousand of these cookies.

Old 06-02-2013, 09:53 AM

1,451 posts, read 1,361,559 times
I don't trust foods like this, in general.

Clearly looking at the product though you can see they are carbohydrate rich, so I don't really see the appeal of buying things like this, even if they are sweetened with aspartame vs. sugar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness