U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2006, 12:53 AM

421 posts, read 337,668 times

Advertisements

I thought we could all share some ailments..LOL...sometimes it helps to share.
I have high BP and take Atenolol, and i have high cholest and take Vytorin. I don't eat any fats or cholest and my weight is perfect and i exercise every day. I also have gotten panic attacks all my life so i will be taking a med for that. Panic attacks are not fun. So that's it for now.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2006, 02:02 AM

8,191 posts, read 27,455,458 times
I'm an insomniac. I should be sleeping now, instead of eating blueberry poptarts and playing online.

Old 10-11-2006, 02:53 AM

1,318 posts, read 5,301,181 times
Evey - are you sure you're not just a night person?! I have always naturally been more awake at night. I could much easier stay up til 9AM than get up at 9AM! I normally go to sleep between 5&7AM, sometimes later - I think it depends how many Coke Blaks I've had & at what time! - & wake between 3&4:30 - depending on when my love gets home. For work I wake at 1:30.
I've always thought that alot of "insomniacs" are just night people being "fooled" by society! I can sleep 10 hours once I get to sleep! So I wouldn't say I have insomnia! (I like to eat blueberry poptarts & "putz" online at 4AM too! )

Rainbow - that's surprising that your weight & diet are fine, (AND you exercise everyday! Good for you! What do you do?) yet you have high bp & chol... I guess in your case it's hereditary? I know chol is, but I didn't know bp was...Just a suggestion: try reading up on alternative medicine - those meds scare me!
I've never had a panic attack, but I can imagine it's terrible! I do have mild anxiety (not constantly, thankfully) but it's usually triggered by negative situations. (though some are just in my mind - I guess that's what anxiety is, huh? ) It's not always physical symptoms, sometimes if something's bugging me I just think all night... (not literally - I'd take something to fall asleep before that! ) But xanax is the BEST so if you don't have it, I recommend it. In fact I believe it's originally for panic.

Good health to all!

Last edited by elfyum; 10-11-2006 at 03:19 AM..

Old 10-11-2006, 08:31 AM

8,191 posts, read 27,455,458 times
I am at my sparkling best between 7 a.m. and 3 p.m. Full of energy.

Some nights I wake up every 45 minutes, some nights it is every 2 hours. Sometimes I am able to go back to sleep, sometimes not.

Old 10-11-2006, 08:44 AM

10,017 posts, read 16,690,837 times
I have PVC's and severe PMS that makes the PVC's worse and acid reflux ( wow I am the picture of health!) and I am only 36

Old 10-11-2006, 12:40 PM

892 posts, read 2,171,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAINBOWWAVES View Post
I thought we could all share some ailments..LOL...sometimes it helps to share.
I have high BP and take Atenolol, and i have high cholest and take Vytorin. I don't eat any fats or cholest and my weight is perfect and i exercise every day. I also have gotten panic attacks all my life so i will be taking a med for that. Panic attacks are not fun. So that's it for now.
Animals lower blood pressure. That's a fact!

I am not one to whine about my health, plus I'm healthy so I have nothing to whine about.

Old 10-11-2006, 08:48 PM

Yes, the high BP started when i came to Fl...I just went to the doc for a recheck yesterday and my BP was 170/90 so that is with a med. She upped the dosage from 25 to 50. My total cholest was only 212 and the good was high but so was the bad so i have to take the statin..Vytorin takes the cholest from the food and liver. They are now reccomending even ppl with total normal readings take a statin to prevent trouble in thier old age. I have always eaten right and been active and still do and am but it didn't matter. My sugar is perfect..5.0

Old 10-11-2006, 08:51 PM

lookingfortheperfectplace...I cannot have any animals..us 3 are allergic. We are also out alot so i don't like leaving an animal for long periods of time. My neighbors dog barks and howls for 8 hrs straight...it is maddening!

Old 10-11-2006, 08:54 PM

Evey, we are total night owls...we go to bed at 4:00 to 5:00am. All our jobs were at night so we got used to it and we like it.

Old 10-11-2006, 09:11 PM

2,814 posts, read 11,892,295 times
Most of us have different things we deal with, some with weight, diabetes, blood pressure, asthma, all kinds of things. I'm 43 and in pretty remarkable condition for my age. I have 110/70 blood pressure (lower end of normal), my cholesterol is normal, my body fat is 11%, my weight is ten pounds more than it was when I was 18 (155lbs now), no joint or bone issues, no stomach or digestive issues, I eat like a pig when I want to and although I make attempts to avoid trans-fats, I eat fatty food on purpose, including meats and dairy (though I cut back on ice cream!), my teeth are in good shape and my heart was sonogramed or whatever that device is that puts goop on your chest and then a contact that reveals it on a screen. My heart is in perfect condition and completely normal. But... I do have one major issue. I'm redheaded, blue eyed, freckles here and there, and I've fought skin cancer since I was 32, or for the last almost 12 years. I've had my nose rebuilt from MOHs surgery, including a complete nostril with skin from my forehead (turned out beautifully!) 7 years ago. I've had MOHs on my clavicles three times, my right arm once, my back twice, my scalp once, and numerous times had parts frozen with nitrogen. I've had two come back and tried various treatments, including Efudex (5% Flouricil). That stuff works over time by being absorbed by fast dividing cells (cancer or pre-cancer) which then dies and is expunged by the skin as crusty scabs. It hurts about two weeks into treatment!! And I've tried a form of Black Salve based on the now banned Cansema product. I get mine from Australia. It works, but it hurts like heck and leaves a huge scab that takes a few weeks to go through it's phases and fall off. None of the options are pretty. So, that's my fight, basel-cell carcinoma. It SUCKS, but... I still look **** good for my age!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness