U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2013, 07:52 PM

98 posts, read 134,599 times

Advertisements

I am seeking a reliable Canadian Pharmacy or any other country that can dispense affordable medications. I do not have Medicare. Thank you,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2013, 10:02 PM

9,454 posts, read 15,010,253 times
Are you looking to go to Canada, or use Canadian mail order?

Also, have you tried checking with the drug manufacturers to see if they have any type of copay assistance? I get copay assistance for Enbrel, it saves me $30/month. I didn't have to do income qualification. What meds do you take, may we ask?

Old 06-12-2013, 02:24 AM

16,487 posts, read 20,328,308 times
I know our Walmart has a program where people pay a lot less for their prescriptions. I do not personally know how it works but if you have a Walmart near you I would inquire.

Old 06-12-2013, 02:48 AM

18,290 posts, read 18,527,133 times
I "talk" to quite a few people that use AllDayChemists (ADC)in India.
We're considering it for next year.

Old 06-12-2013, 06:13 PM

8,271 posts, read 10,506,470 times
Have you looked at the companies that make the meds? Most have free programs if you are low income. Most want proof, income taxes, paystubs, etc., but they usually approve you for a year:

NeedyMeds

Old 06-12-2013, 07:25 PM

9,454 posts, read 15,010,253 times
Without knowing which drugs you are taking, its difficult to offer any realistic advice. However, many drugs have cheaper substitutes. for example, I was taking Prilosec, when it was by perscription. Even my copay was quite high, I forget, but around $50/month. I found a similar antiacid, I forget the name, but $5/month!

Try talking to pharmacists, google search, etc. Also, time to take a good, hard look at what you are taking. is it really necessary? I was taking 12 RX, and found I could safely eliminate 4 of them. Another alternative, make some lifestyle changes? There again, without knowing your conditions and meds, I can't comment further. However, I was taking drugs for high cholesterol, high Triglycerides, and found that by making some dietary changes and some simple exercises I didn't need them! o, I'm not suggesting we become tree-hugging Vegans, just some simple changes can really help eliminate a lot of pills!

Old 06-12-2013, 07:33 PM

13,258 posts, read 34,604,245 times
I agree about the Walmart - they have I think a $4 plan - 4 bucks for a 30 day supply of dozens of different prescription meds.

OP, if you're looking for legal options, you should check with the drug companies themselves to see if they can offer assistance. Most of them can, and will, for the more commonly prescribed meds. And check with your doctor AND your pharmacist, to see if there are less expensive alternatives to your current meds. Such as generics, or even other brands of the same chemical compound, or the generics of -those- other brands.

Old 06-13-2013, 06:23 AM

43,012 posts, read 88,940,518 times
Definitely talk to your doctor about being switched to less expensive medications that can be obtained at Walmart and other places. The newer meds are super expensive because they are new. Sometimes they're not even better than the older meds that are cheaper. When we went through a difficult financial period, I took the print outs of the cheap medication lists for Walmart, Target, and a local grocery store chain, to my doctor and had him pick alternative medications from that list. For example, Advair is super expensive (over $100) but there is an older drug that is only $4. It worked just as well for me.

Old 06-13-2013, 08:48 AM

69,259 posts, read 79,427,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leftygold View Post
I am seeking a reliable Canadian Pharmacy or any other country that can dispense affordable medications. I do not have Medicare. Thank you,
first of all, I am assuming you are not old enough for medicare, is that right? I don't know your situation but many companies will assist you if you are unable to pay. As for Canadian Pharmacies, I am really not sure they are all that much cheaper. I have seen some prices listed. Of course this depends on just what meds you are taking and what your true income level is. Have you discussed this with your doctor or doctors?

Old 06-13-2013, 03:35 PM

14,695 posts, read 18,753,541 times
Here's a Canadian pharmacy from which I buy a prescription that isnt available anywhere in the USA for a decent price:

https://www.universaldrugstore.com/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness