Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2015, 04:13 PM

1,153 posts, read 3,597,137 times

Advertisements

Wondering what your experience with this procedure was like
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2015, 05:42 PM

2,267 posts, read 4,111,521 times
Ow! Ow! Ow! It hurt like hell and I only had relief for 3 months. OTH, I know of a couple of other people that had it done and they are really pleased with the results (we all had the same Dr.).

Old 11-23-2015, 05:23 AM

58 posts, read 74,530 times
I just had sinus surgery four days ago. My surgery included three procedures, balloon sinus dialiation, septoplasty for deviated septum with turbinate reduction and removal of a mass from the maxillary sinus and lasted over 2.5 hours. I am 50 and have not had surgery since i was a teenager so the anesthesia experience was no fun. I am feeling better overall but my face and nose are still miserable. Cannot breathe much due to splints and swelling and my nose, upper lip and cheeks are still swollen, tender and numb.
I do have to say that have I not taken pain meds other than regular Tylenol. It is uncomfortable but I have not experienced any unbearable pain. I do not expect to feel relief for a few weeks and as I was so uncomfortable for many months prior to surgery (ended up inpatient on IV antibiotics and steroids) I do not feel that much worse now during surgery recovery. I will post in a few weeks and hope to have promising results!

Old 11-23-2015, 09:10 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,371,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by melaniej65 View Post
Ow! Ow! Ow! It hurt like hell and I only had relief for 3 months...

This was my exact experience. And, after that, I knew two women who had sinus surgery and died of infection. Until then I didnt realize how close the sinus cavities are to the brain. So I decided never to undergo sinus surgery again.

I stopped eating cheese and other dairy products and reduced my exposure to other possible allergens. I also replaced all the carpet in my house with tile and replaced all the drapes with plantation shutters. It made all the difference in the world -- no more sinus attacks.

Old 11-26-2015, 10:48 PM

44,598 posts, read 61,441,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TFW46 View Post
This was my exact experience. And, after that, I knew two women who had sinus surgery and died of infection. Until then I didnt realize how close the sinus cavities are to the brain. So I decided never to undergo sinus surgery again.

I stopped eating cheese and other dairy products and reduced my exposure to other possible allergens. I also replaced all the carpet in my house with tile and replaced all the drapes with plantation shutters. It made all the difference in the world -- no more sinus attacks.
Same here, agree, big difference.

Old 02-11-2016, 05:25 PM

4,255 posts, read 5,922,531 times
I had balloon sinuplasty earlier today. For me, it was nothing. I felt some mild discomfort and what felt like a few pin pricks, when the ballooon was being used inside my sinuses. Presumably that was from small bones being knocked out. I had been dreading the procedure but it turned out to really be nothing. In my case, the procedure was targeting a very specific area on one side of my sinuses, and that was all.

I have had much worse experiences during standard sinus examinations on past office visits.

I am hoping the results will be much more than nothing. I had extensive sinus surgery last year, but it provided no benefit. I am optimistic this time around, because this procedure was focused on the exact area where I have the most problem. I guess it wasn't done with the last surgery because the slight thickening in that area was considered very moderate and not usually clinically significant. In fact, my insurance company initially refused to pay for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness