Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2013, 01:28 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,810,780 times

Advertisements

So, Canyon Cat, where does one obtain non-flouridated water?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2013, 07:10 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,282,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
Right now all I have is Tylenol. Not doing much good. Getting out of bed is excruciating pain. I immediately take 1500 tylenol and sit for about a half hour so it works. Can't take ibuprofen cause of esophogas erosion.

What else is there that won't mess up your stomach, give you constipation, heart problems, etc etc? I need something that helps me more cause right now, I am a bag of bones. Part of the problem is that I had breast ca and had to take Femara which leeches the hormones from the bones. Anyone have unrelenting arthritis pain and take a drug that really lets you have a life ???
You might be able to take Arthrotec, which is diclofenac (an NSAID) and another ingredient to protect the stomach. I take regular diclofenac, but I have no stomach problems.

Old 08-07-2013, 10:04 AM

537 posts, read 740,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhotogGal View Post
So, Canyon Cat, where does one obtain non-flouridated water?
Here in northern Arizona our water is unfluoridated. I was part of the group that fought very long and hard to keep it out of Flagstaff. We beat the dentists by a 3-2 vote margin.

When on the road I try to buy Evian (to drink) as I know that water is not fluoridated. It's impossible to completely avoid fluoride in some parts of the country unless you plan to bathe in Evian.

Usually, a quick Internet search will tell you if a town fluoridates it's water supply. If you live in a large metro area you're more than likely getting fluoridated water.

Old 08-07-2013, 11:45 AM

6,957 posts, read 12,058,216 times
So Evian is the only bottled water that you can be sure is not fluoridated? I did some research on bottled water and got no real answers. I would like to know which grocery store has non fluor bottled water in bulk so I can start buying it there. And yes, in Chandler it is fluoridated up to the limit.

Old 08-07-2013, 01:38 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,354,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeraldmaiden View Post
You might be able to take Arthrotec, which is diclofenac (an NSAID) and another ingredient to protect the stomach. I take regular diclofenac, but I have no stomach problems.
I'm not sure if she can take an NSAID....

Old 08-07-2013, 05:33 PM

537 posts, read 740,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhxBarb View Post
So Evian is the only bottled water that you can be sure is not fluoridated? I did some research on bottled water and got no real answers. I would like to know which grocery store has non fluor bottled water in bulk so I can start buying it there. And yes, in Chandler it is fluoridated up to the limit.
I have to admit to being something of a Francophile so that influences my purchase. Otherwise, I read the label. The companies who are proud of their spring-sourced water usually state so on the label. The others . . . not so much information. I think some of the majors actually admit now that their sources are municipal water sources. You have to read between the lines to figure out what that means. The less fluoride in your body the better. I would never take a long soaking bath in Phoenix, for example.

Doctors used to actually prescribe fluoride baths for patients with over-active thyroids. Your skin absorbs fluoride. Any wonder that Synthroid (prescribed for under-active thyroid patients) is one of the top scrips in the U.S. with a public water supply that is approximately 70% fluoridated? Connect the dots.

Old 08-07-2013, 05:38 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,282,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
I'm not sure if she can take an NSAID....
Yeah, that's going to depend on several factors. One- is the medication enteric coated? I believe that diclofenac is. Either way, Arthrotec includes an ameliorating medication to protect the stomach. The OP has esophogeal erosion, so should not take NSAIDS that dissolve in the stomach. Enteric coating makes the medication dissolve in the small intestine.

All that said, it would probably be worth mentioning to the OP's physician.

Old 08-07-2013, 09:21 PM

Yes I will do that next week when I see him and request some help with this pain. These are meds I never heard of so maybe one of them will work for me. BTW : the last endoscopy was clear of Barretts Esophagus, which I had previously while on mountains of Advil.. so maybe something milder is out there now that I can take. Thank you !

Old 08-07-2013, 09:39 PM

415 posts, read 764,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canyon Cat View Post
I have to admit to being something of a Francophile so that influences my purchase. Otherwise, I read the label. The companies who are proud of their spring-sourced water usually state so on the label. The others . . . not so much information. I think some of the majors actually admit now that their sources are municipal water sources. You have to read between the lines to figure out what that means. The less fluoride in your body the better. I would never take a long soaking bath in Phoenix, for example.

Doctors used to actually prescribe fluoride baths for patients with over-active thyroids. Your skin absorbs fluoride. Any wonder that Synthroid (prescribed for under-active thyroid patients) is one of the top scrips in the U.S. with a public water supply that is approximately 70% fluoridated? Connect the dots.

Im with you, I'm 45 with 2 kids and a great wife, 3 months ago I installed a pretty big whole house water filter system, so my kids don't even bath in fluoride water much less drink it,

O and did I mention that I had to have both hips replaced well before I was 40, yep and also 3 back surgeries to boot.. fluoride had to go

Old 08-09-2013, 12:04 PM

Thanks everyone for your suggestions and help. I realized a few days after I started this thread that I had the flu. No wonder I was achey and so miserable. Now that I have recovered, the aches and pain are alot better, although I am going to search for non fluor water cause I drink lots. Secondly, will consider the whole house water filtration system, although I already have a big silver cylinder thingy standing in the garage, but doubt that it does anything. Its supposed to be carbon filtration, yet I have not seen any difference in the amount of scale in the faucets. On to do more research...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness