Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2013, 10:07 PM

48,311 posts, read 34,442,387 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by plmokn View Post
One advantage of organic milk is that it helps you get rid of all that pesky extra money you have laying around.
For me it about broke even because my milk would usually go bad before I could finish it. Love the longer shelf life of organic, in addition, we buy 1% and it tastes like whole milk. Non-organic was like water.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2013, 09:29 AM

18,930 posts, read 43,268,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightlysparrow View Post
I buy it because the expiration date is way farther in the future than regular milk, and because it's purer.
That's why I buy it. I can buy a whole gallon of it and don't have to worry about it going bad before I can use it.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:26 PM

72,816 posts, read 62,143,696 times
I love organic milk. My father buys that kind of milk. It has been worth it. It lasts longer, and it tastes better. It costs a little bit more, but for what it is, it's good stuff.

Old 08-20-2013, 06:34 PM

20,838 posts, read 28,164,890 times
Tastes better to me, longer shelf life.

Old 08-20-2013, 07:36 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,712,865 times
The number one thing for me is that it tastes better. Sweeter and creamier.

The second thing is, I think a bit about how things have changed over the past, let's say 40-50 years in terms of what people look like. There are 3 things that are a little puzzling for me, that I think are related to chemicals in foods:
1. Girls are hitting puberty way earlier these days. Normal is more like 10 instead of 14 or 16.
2. Women are much bustier than they used to be. Some of this might be related to weight, but I don't think so. There are way more "large breasted" women of all sizes these days, compared to before.
3. Our (women's) waists are much much bigger, and this is outside of weight. If you compare the measurements of let's say Hollywood actresses of the 50s, they were something like 34-22-35, with many women having waists under 22 inches. Even normal women had tiny waists (my mom did! As did her siblings) Now, even the thinnest models are hovering around 24-25 inches. Small of course, but much bigger than what was small back then. I'd imagine that 24-25 was pretty average in the 50s. Even today, on "thinner" women, waists are larger. Also, our collective waist hip ratio is decreasing, which leads me to believe all of our collective weight gain is mostly concentrated in our stomachs, and not a reflection of overall changes in proportions. Typical clothing measurements looked something like: Bust = Waist + 7 and hips = waist +10-11. Nowadays, it is more like Bust = waist + 7-8 and hips = waist + 8-9.

Makes me want to avoid as many additives as I can.

We are eating more of course, but why have our proportions changed so much as well? I think it is food additives.

Old 08-20-2013, 07:47 PM

43,295 posts, read 44,015,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spalam01 View Post
Please advice what are the advantages of Organic Milk? I am wondering if it is really worth it to buy compared to Regular Milk. Organic Milk do not seem to be cost effective but I am considering buying it if
Organic milk really has more advantages compared to regular milk sold in the Grocery stores.

Also is there any evidence if the Organic Milk enables weight loss compared to regular milk?

Thanks!
In my opinion the organic 1% milk tastes much better than the regular 1% milk.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:51 AM

741 posts, read 1,739,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
The number one thing for me is that it tastes better. Sweeter and creamier.

The second thing is, I think a bit about how things have changed over the past, let's say 40-50 years in terms of what people look like. There are 3 things that are a little puzzling for me, that I think are related to chemicals in foods:
1. Girls are hitting puberty way earlier these days. Normal is more like 10 instead of 14 or 16.
2. Women are much bustier than they used to be. Some of this might be related to weight, but I don't think so. There are way more "large breasted" women of all sizes these days, compared to before.
3. Our (women's) waists are much much bigger, and this is outside of weight. If you compare the measurements of let's say Hollywood actresses of the 50s, they were something like 34-22-35, with many women having waists under 22 inches. Even normal women had tiny waists (my mom did! As did her siblings) Now, even the thinnest models are hovering around 24-25 inches. Small of course, but much bigger than what was small back then. I'd imagine that 24-25 was pretty average in the 50s. Even today, on "thinner" women, waists are larger. Also, our collective waist hip ratio is decreasing, which leads me to believe all of our collective weight gain is mostly concentrated in our stomachs, and not a reflection of overall changes in proportions. Typical clothing measurements looked something like: Bust = Waist + 7 and hips = waist +10-11. Nowadays, it is more like Bust = waist + 7-8 and hips = waist + 8-9.

Makes me want to avoid as many additives as I can.

We are eating more of course, but why have our proportions changed so much as well? I think it is food additives.
What is your point -- Does drinking organic milk reduces weight, especially in Woman?

Thanks!

Old 08-21-2013, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spalam01 View Post
What is your point -- Does drinking organic milk reduces weight, especially in Woman?

Thanks!
I think the hormones as additives in regular milk have impacted puberty, breast size, and weight distribution in women. Among other things of course.

I am on my phone, please forgive the typos.

Old 08-21-2013, 05:21 PM

4,534 posts, read 4,906,922 times
Try raw milk. You haven't had creamy milk until you've tried it.

Old 08-21-2013, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Try raw milk. You haven't had creamy milk until you've tried it.
So hard to find! My whole paycheck had to stop selling it. Can't find an easy to secure source!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness