Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 10:53 PM

6,712 posts, read 13,458,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cynwldkat View Post
I totally understand not wanting to go to the DR. but I am going to scold you for not going. There are some very nasty diseases that start very similar to what you are explaining---I certainly do not want to scare you I am only being honest. Yeah, it's a pain to go to the Dr. but in the long run it would be nice to find out it's something easily taken care of, right? There is a chance it will only get worse with time and then take longer to heal.....take care of it before it gets any worse!
Thank you. I know I need to go to the doctor. I keep making excuses for not going. (i.e- I work night shift and it'd throw my sleep cycle off is the one that I commonly use-very effective by the way ).

I do know I need to go and it's absolutely been killing me with the fluctuating weather patterns we've been having. Yes, I'm a stubborn fool who deserves to be scolded. If I ever do make it to the doc I'll report back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2016, 06:08 PM

62 posts, read 75,714 times
I have had issues with tendonitis in right elbow and thumb. I used to do industrial sewing for 10 years followed more recently by washing dishes in a busy restaurant for the past 8 years. Safe to say it is repetitive strain injury. I have been getting relief from blood flow stimulation therapy. My BFST really seems to be helping a lot. I really notice if I get too busy and don't use it for a few days. I have also been using it on my foot when it is sore. I've had plantaar fasciitis years ago and I don't need that to come back. The acupuncture is also a great idea. It is the same principles of increasing blood flow for healing but if you need very many treatments that can get pricey. Has anyone else on here had any experience with the BFST?

Old 02-22-2016, 05:21 AM

2,706 posts, read 3,378,494 times
I had Tennis Elbow in my Right Arm....first Doc went it and moved the Nerve to the side of the Elbow.....worked for a few years.....second Doc ground down an area of bone and placed the Nerve back in place where it belonged.....been good for 6 years now, but I still have tingling in half my hand, and have lost some grip strength.....told that was normal for my case.

Old 02-22-2016, 09:12 PM

Hey Beer Belly. That really sucks having something like this to contend with for the rest of your life. I would be curious if the BFST device would help restore your elbow and stop that tingling. It might be worth looking in to.

Old 02-23-2016, 05:05 AM

2,706 posts, read 3,378,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janis64 View Post
Hey Beer Belly. That really sucks having something like this to contend with for the rest of your life. I would be curious if the BFST device would help restore your elbow and stop that tingling. It might be worth looking in to.
Not sure what a "BFST" device is, but I'm sure my Doc would of brought it up if it would help the situation. I was dealing with the Elbow discomfort for a quite a while before seeing the Doc, so what damage that was done may be irreversible......I'll ask next time I'm in his office, which will be soon.....been holding off on a Bicep & Rotor Cuff tear that was diagnosed almost a year ago (MRI)

Old 02-23-2016, 02:21 PM

Hi Beer Belly
I would love to post you a link but that's not allowed. Just google it. Your doctor probably hasn't heard of it yet but it is getting quite popular in the United States. Since you have a shoulder issue as well I'd suggest you get a top shoulder BFST and you can use it on both the elbow and shoulder. It seems to help.

Old 02-23-2016, 02:45 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,225,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beer belly View Post
Not sure what a "BFST" device is, but I'm sure my Doc would of brought it up if it would help the situation. I was dealing with the Elbow discomfort for a quite a while before seeing the Doc, so what damage that was done may be irreversible......I'll ask next time I'm in his office, which will be soon.....been holding off on a Bicep & Rotor Cuff tear that was diagnosed almost a year ago (MRI)
BFST is an overpriced "heating pad" disguised as a neoprene wrap that will cost you about $150

Its a scam....

Save your $$$

Old 02-23-2016, 03:14 PM

Beg your pardon but it is not a heating pad at all. It is electromagnetic energy which stimulates blood flow deep in the tissue. The same as what they use on you when you go to physio therapy for treatment. The technical name is Diathermy.

Old 02-24-2016, 05:20 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,658,899 times
There is an extremely simple cure for both tennis elbow and golfer's elbow. I discovered this cure on the New York Times website when I was searching for a cure for my elbow pain. I highly recommend this fix, which requires purchasing a rubber bar called a Flexbar and doing some exercises with it. My elbow stopped hurting after doing these exercises for a few weeks. I made this recommendation to a friend and he had the same results. There are quite a few videos on the YouTube on how to do the exercises correctly. I bought my Flexbar on Amazon. They range from $15 to $20. See:

A Fix for Tennis Elbow - Video - NYTimes.com

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/0...is-elbow/?_r=0

http://www.thera-bandacademy.com/tba...r-Tennis-Elbow

They sell four different bars depending on your strength level. Be careful about selecting the best one for you. I also recommend doing the exercises while watching the videos.

Old 02-24-2016, 05:58 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,225,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by janis64 View Post
Beg your pardon but it is not a heating pad at all. It is electromagnetic energy which stimulates blood flow deep in the tissue. The same as what they use on you when you go to physio therapy for treatment. The technical name is Diathermy.
Wrong.

Diathermy IS generating heat to deep tissues whether by U/S, microwave or other means...

It isn't "electromagnetic energy which stimulates blood flow deep in the tissue" that would be the "claim" of BFST devices which really are just over priced heating pads...

Mature tendons are poorly vascularized which is the main reason tendinopathies are so difficult to treat, if tissue such as tendon is dysvascular no amount of BSFT, Diathermy, Voodoo, prayer or other modalities will "stimulate blood flow deep to the tissue" If the plumbing isn't there in the first place you can't "increase" blood flow...

Diathermy does have a role in physical medicine and rehab and results in hyperthermia of deep tissues which can add in repair and increasing flexibility....but it doesn't work by magically stimulating blood flow where there isn't blood TO flow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness