Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2013, 07:51 PM

4,382 posts, read 2,278,680 times

Advertisements

I've noticed the exact same thing. Once I feel the urge I'm in and out, sometimes in under a minute. Most men I've known seem to spend hours in there. Maybe they eat more, so there is more that needs to be eliminated? Maybe it takes longer to come down? I think since women give birth, we naturally have the muscles down there to contract and get things moving. Maybe men have to rely on gravity more to get things moving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2013, 07:52 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,013,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by insert witty user name View Post
Someone just sent me a PM that "the shower is a better place for jacking off."
Obviously you disagree or you wouldn't be frowning.

Old 08-22-2013, 07:53 PM

1,092 posts, read 832,281 times
Because ... they "so full of it?" LOL

Old 08-22-2013, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moongirl00 View Post
I think since women give birth, we naturally have the muscles down there to contract and get things moving. Maybe men have to rely on gravity more to get things moving.
We're doing it wrong. We're not supposed to push. It causes hemorrhoids. We're supposed to use gravity.

Old 08-22-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadhogHR View Post
Because ... they "so full of it?" LOL
That's it!

Old 08-22-2013, 09:34 PM

4,505 posts, read 6,480,154 times
Quoted from Catdancer:
Quote:
We're using it as a sanctuary. A place to escape our wive's constant chatter for a few blessed minutes and enjoy a good read.
THIS!!!! +100

Old 08-22-2013, 09:44 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,038,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
Men take their time. Women push it along. I'll bet that's why a greater percentage of women have hemorrhoids.

I have noticed that men are shy about it. They'll go to the bathroom at the farthest side of the house. They make sure they go at a certain time at home because they don't want to be stuck at work or somewhere else needing to use a public restroom. They'll go #1 in a public restroom but not #2 unless it's an emergency. And they'll do whatever it takes to avoid that emergency so they will sit on the toilet even when they don't have to go just hoping that something happens.
Not so. Women have more hemorrhoids because of carrying pregnancies.....it says so right in the article you linked.

Quote:
Women are more likely to suffer from hemorrhoids during pregnancy.
And yes, just as I said....men want to decide when they are going to go instead of going when their body decides it is time to go......they force the issue.

You are spot on about them not wanting to do #2 in public restrooms in my experience.

That is my brother.....he gets up extra early so he has time to sit on the toilet for 15-20 minutes and strain away until he poops.....because he does not want to poop at work. Same whenever he is going somewhere on the weekend.....gotta make sure he poops before he leaves home.

That is also why he had to have hemorrhoid surgery. The doctor told him sitting there and straining is why he got hemorrhoids.....told him not to go in there and sit on the toilet until he actually had to go. Did he listen? NO. And he has developed more hemorrhoids.

I go whenever nature says it's time to go ....before work....at work....wherever...... and I have never carried a pregnancy......... so I have never had hemorrhoids.

Old 08-22-2013, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Not so. Women have more hemorrhoids because of carrying pregnancies.....it says so right in the article you linked.
It was a joke!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
That is my brother.....he gets up extra early so he has time to sit on the toilet for 15-20 minutes and strain away until he poops.....because he does not want to poop at work.
Then there are the exceptions, like my husband who says he likes to be paid to take a sh$t.

Old 08-22-2013, 10:27 PM

863 posts, read 1,195,944 times
Come to find out - We've ALL been doing it wrong: Health Alert: You're Taking a Crap Wrong! This Is How You Poop Properly « Medical Diagnosis & Procedures

Old 08-22-2013, 10:36 PM

1,892 posts, read 3,084,357 times
I found this thanks to 'HOPES'.
I am male and when I read "once a day", that threw up alarms to me. Admittedly, I have had IBS for most of my adult life but that came to a halt when I recently eliminated most wheat and all dairy milk. (protein is the problem for me , not lactose)

I am not celiac, I am not allergic, I am simply sensitive to certain proteins in both. A shame that most doctors see everything in black/white, or I could have been saved a lifetime of knowing way too many dirty public restrooms. Finally a doctor said that although I did not qualify by tests that I still could simply give them up and see if I was better. duh. I gave up doctors with the wheat and milk.

After six months of this new way of eating I am what I believe to be very normal. I go two or three times a day. I don't believe that complete elimination occurs in one visit.
I never strain and it is nice experience to eliminate solids as opposed to liquid chemicals. (bile) (a lot of info, huh?)
So, I say to the OP you may be eating too much cheese in that family or something. Once a day just does not sound correct when you realize there is an average amount of time that this urge occurs following a meal. And that there are other meals being consumed during the waiting time. Which means when you go it was from a meal many hours ago and just like a train station, another should be leaving the station soon from the meal that followed that one.

Maybe you guys are just eating one main meal a day, and then graze after that. Many people do that these days. I use to because of the IBS, but now I am like clock work with eat and all that entails.

Anything funny was unintentional. (your guys are really hip)

Thanks,
Raj Kapoor
(clear and clean)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness