U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 11:29 PM

169 posts, read 636,407 times

Advertisements

@southernbelle - Thanks for the response! It's good to know that stress may possibly be the culprit. My anixety was a sudden onset just like these hives.

@asonnier - Thank you for the info from your experiences!

The facial hives aren't exactly on the lip. Say if you used lipliner, it'd be right underneath that outline. Your case sounds really severe if you headed to the ER I'm glad it's somewhat under control now though. As for me, my primary care had suggested using benedryl cream. It works a bit but not as expected. And at almost $8 a tube, I'm blowing through this stuff! I did pick up some benedryl pills but am only taking 1, not 2.

@nightlysparrow - I don't take any ACE inhibitors. My current medications are albuterol as needed, phentermine and cellexa. All of which I have taken for a period of time way before these hives appeared.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-29-2015, 12:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,971 times
I am curious about how you are now? I have currently been dealing with rapid onset of hives for almost 3 years now. I've never really talked to my dr. about it, but it's almost 12 a.m. and here I am up itching again. They seem to consume a huge part of my life now. Anyways, do you have an update? Thanks!

Old 03-29-2015, 05:54 AM

12,500 posts, read 10,665,121 times
My friend itched for 4 years...stopped wine for 7 months, helped never cured...
changed diet, helped never cured....I told her to go to bed with cotton socks
on her hands....scratches on her neck and chest, ya know.

Finally went to a Naturopath, not cheap. Sorry, went to MDs, also, a few times...nothing touched it.
After blood and urine and hair tests with the ND, she was put on a gallbladder cleanse..took only 2 days...it got way better.
Surprised me....gallbladder can cause itch? ok.

A month later, after a vacation interfered...the ND had her do another gall bladder cleanse....now 90% gone.
Then, a liver cleanse, topped with a 2 week Paleo Diet (Tough bec my friend normally ate meat maybe once in 2 weeks...this was a lot of organic meat for her everyday, oh, she only ate organics anyway.)

After 4 years..it is GONE! She is eating and drinking anything...still organic food, tho.

All cleanses can be found online....this alternative way is certainly poo-pooed by many...just tellin' her story that I watched.
I am not advocating anything. Food for thought, only....hate the naysayers and attackers I mostly have on the ignore list.

Good luck to all.

Old 03-29-2015, 12:55 PM

19,616 posts, read 53,341,665 times
I have an unknown allergy; my IgE factor was 750, super high. But 8-9 vials of blood and tests for everything, only a sensitivity to milk products and sesame seeds could be found. My allergist told me to take Zyrtec every night. It helps a LOT.

Old 06-11-2015, 04:46 AM

1 posts, read 1,845 times
I have the same issue. Hole body including head gets itches. if i scratched in head, again itches will be in neck, leg, back & face almost whole body. facing from last 2 years. So, i had consulted 2 to 4 skin specilist doctors for the same and get blood & urine checked around 3 or 4 types. but there was no issue reported. When ever itches more, I need take Dihydro chloride (EVOCET/OCACET) tablets every alternate days. So, kindly suggest me if any permanent solution is available.

Old 08-04-2015, 03:16 AM

1 posts, read 1,748 times
I'm 35 and a stay at home mom. I've never had allergies except to strawberries and pineapples. But a few weeks ago I started braking out. Scratches all over my legs for 15-30 minutes at a time. Then they will go away. Later in the day the rash/scratches may be on my arm/s or back. I'm going crazy not knowing what it is or how to treat it. I've tried creams, rubbing alcohol, poison ivy rubs... nothing is working! !!

Old 08-04-2015, 06:21 AM

13,258 posts, read 34,511,960 times
Mzmuniz1, try taking a 1-per-day antihistimine, like Zyrtec, Claritin, or Allegra. If it solves the problem, then you have some kind of allergy. If it doesn't solve the problem, you should check with a dermatologist to see if there is some other medical reason for your rashes.

If you have an allergy, it could be something new, or something not new. You can become allergic to anything, even if you weren't ever allergic to it before. It could just be a reaction to your fabric softener - or dust mites, or any other mundane thing. But you won't know for sure unless you do something to test it out. Trying to relieve it with antihistimines is a good first start.

Old 12-27-2015, 05:32 AM

1 posts, read 1,545 times
Hello Everyone. I have been dealing with the same thing lately. I have found that calamine lotion helps a lot if you get the itch relief kind. I am making an appointment Monday to see my doctor, because it's just weird the way the red areas keep coming back. Mainly on my Arms and Back. As someone said earlier, cold water does help. I will definitely post again when I receive a report from my doctor just incase anyone's interested in her diagnostic for this problem.

Old 09-27-2016, 08:34 PM

1 posts, read 1,193 times
Default Rash is likely excema

I have atopic excema and have had it all my life, same as you. Yes, it comes out of nowhere. Yes it springs out all over your body. And yes, stress is a very common root cause of such eruptions

Old 10-02-2016, 06:10 AM

1 posts, read 1,161 times
GodDaamm !!! Im having this same Issue ... this really embarassing and im not happy at all. Im all the way down somewhere in Togo.... Im really not happy at all. This is vey itchy, all over my head itches too . when it comes it acts soo crazy . It can appear anypart of your body at any time.One time you see on your hand, Other time Your Leg, next time ur stomach and soo on . kindly help me im really not happy with this situation. I sometimes feels this inside my palm which is soo embarasing kindly help me with medcine so i can go buy .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness