U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-24-2013, 03:21 PM
 
Location: Islip,NY
16,929 posts, read 19,672,707 times
Reputation: 17186

Advertisements

I have very bad seasonal allergies pretty much all year long except from December to January. I have from time to time what appears to be a sore or ulcer in my nose on the inside on the bottom corner. They hurt, bleed at times, and even scab up, get crusty and hurt more. They go away eventually but it's annoying, I have used the netti pot but it burns my nose and I use saline spray. I have even put Neosporin with a Q-tip. Any advice? Why do I get these??? It mostly happens on the right nostril. I get this about 4 times a year. I don't pick my nose if anyone asks LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 09-24-2013, 03:27 PM
 
Location: Kanada 🍁
118,678 posts, read 13,639,494 times
Reputation: 54474
Quote:
Originally Posted by lubby View Post
I have very bad seasonal allergies pretty much all year long except from December to January. I have from time to time what appears to be a sore or ulcer in my nose on the inside on the bottom corner. They hurt, bleed at times, and even scab up, get crusty and hurt more. They go away eventually but it's annoying, I have used the netti pot but it burns my nose and I use saline spray. I have even put Neosporin with a Q-tip. Any advice? Why do I get these??? It mostly happens on the right nostril. I get this about 4 times a year. I don't pick my nose if anyone asks LOL.
lubby what does your doctor suggest? Do you put some creme on it? When my son was small he used to get something like it,of course not as bad as yours,but we just put a little Vaseline daily on and only used soft,damp cloth to clean the nose. That must hurt quite a bit,for the inside of the nose can be so sensitive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2013, 03:33 PM
 
Location: SE Michigan
6,191 posts, read 14,720,407 times
Reputation: 10227
Some sores on mucous membranes are actually variants of the herpes virus and will come back no matter what you do. I have a small stye on my left inner eyelid that flares up a few times a year and always in the same spot. Seasonal allergies, lack of sleep and stress triggers it.

It's a minor but unpleasant annoyance but it is something you need to ask your doctor (or a doctor) about, especially if it always comes back in the same spot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2013, 04:18 PM
 
Location: Islip,NY
16,929 posts, read 19,672,707 times
Reputation: 17186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almrausch View Post
lubby what does your doctor suggest? Do you put some creme on it? When my son was small he used to get something like it,of course not as bad as yours,but we just put a little Vaseline daily on and only used soft,damp cloth to clean the nose. That must hurt quite a bit,for the inside of the nose can be so sensitive.
I have never really asked my doctor about it but I will.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-24-2013, 06:14 PM
 
Location: Southwestern, USA
12,620 posts, read 10,732,308 times
Reputation: 14851
Try hydogen peroxide on a Q tip.
Rinse if you like, or not, if you use diluted hp.
Then Vicks Vapo Rub.

If it is herpes buy a tube of Lysine under $8...maybe even in Walmart
Mix a little with powdered Vit C...or ascorbic acid...apply with Qtip,
esp at the very first 'feel' of it coming on.
Good luck and get back to us as to what helped.


Forgot, and sure it may sting a bit, not bad it goes away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-25-2013, 02:58 PM
 
Location: Islip,NY
16,929 posts, read 19,672,707 times
Reputation: 17186
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn View Post
Try hydogen peroxide on a Q tip.
Rinse if you like, or not, if you use diluted hp.
Then Vicks Vapo Rub.

If it is herpes buy a tube of Lysine under $8...maybe even in Walmart
Mix a little with powdered Vit C...or ascorbic acid...apply with Qtip,
esp at the very first 'feel' of it coming on.
Good luck and get back to us as to what helped.


Forgot, and sure it may sting a bit, not bad it goes away.
Thanks I'll try that
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top