U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2013, 01:21 AM

28,193 posts, read 47,525,781 times

Advertisements

Paul Karason, who became famous after his skin turned permanently blue, died at a Washington hospital Monday. He was 62.

Karason was admitted in the hospital last week after suffering a heart attack. He also had pneumonia and later suffered a severe stroke, his estranged wife, Jo Anna Karason, said Tuesday

Read more: Blue man, Paul Karason, dies of heart attack at 62 - UPI.com

Old 09-30-2013, 04:02 AM
ino

680 posts, read 2,196,718 times
I'm gobsmacked and at a total loss as to why that event even made the media...??? He died of natural causes - as do millions of other people on this planet, what else is there to say...???

I got a brown freckle on my back so I wonder if *I* will get a mention in the media when *MY* expiry date comes around?

Old 09-30-2013, 07:30 AM

11,144 posts, read 20,332,252 times
I remember reading about him before. It was an interesting story and I don't think it's odd that his death also made the news.

Old 09-30-2013, 10:06 AM

55,651 posts, read 54,234,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ino View Post
I'm gobsmacked and at a total loss as to why that event even made the media...??? He died of natural causes - as do millions of other people on this planet, what else is there to say...???

I got a brown freckle on my back so I wonder if *I* will get a mention in the media when *MY* expiry date comes around?
Have you been in the news before?

Old 09-30-2013, 04:36 PM
ino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Have you been in the news before?
It's not about me, stay with the point. The question one should be asking oneself is...Why is his death in the media NOW when there is zero relationship/connection between dieing of natural causes and why he hit the media in the first place? Stay on track and think about it. If there was an ulterior reason for his death I could understand his death being newsworthy, but he died of natural causes, no connection, so what's newsworthy about that? The media bestowed upon him his fifteen minutes of fame with fraudulent claims a decade ago, it's all done and dusted, so why report his death due to natural causes? Those who have a better understanding will be able to read *between* the lines with reporting his passing

Old 09-30-2013, 06:17 PM

25,584 posts, read 31,713,932 times
Except that colloidal silver serves no purpose, it isn't a mineral that the body needs or uses. Exposure can lead to kidney damage, it also can cause neurological issues. Never mind adverse reactions to some medications.

You really can't rule out the exposure of colloidal silver as a cause of death.

Old 09-30-2013, 06:23 PM

4,967 posts, read 11,006,178 times
Those who "can read between the lines" will understand that Ino's panties are in a twist because the spotlight is being turned on argyria once more, a KNOWN risk of ingestion of colloidal silver which ino likes to pretend can't happen...

Even though it has happened...

Even though it has been documented many times over....

Even though there is absolutely NO documented benefit from ingesting silver containing products but plenty of documented harm...

Scientists unlock chemical processes behind silver-related skin condition | Brown University News and Events

A Case of Argyria Following Colloidal Silver Ingestion

Systemic argyria associated with ingestion of colloidal silver [eScholarship]

Old 09-30-2013, 09:03 PM
ino

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD4020 View Post
Except that colloidal silver serves no purpose, it isn't a mineral that the body needs or uses. Exposure can lead to kidney damage, it also can cause neurological issues. Never mind adverse reactions to some medications.

You really can't rule out the exposure of colloidal silver as a cause of death.

There you go, you said it, people make *assumptions* when there is zero information provided in said article for people to make that 'assumption'!

Why can't I rule it out? Nowhere in the article is it mentioned that silver contributed in any way, shape or form to his demise? He simply died of NATURAL causes. What part of the article do people have trouble grasping?

See, this is the innuendo aimed at people who are ignorant {no offence meant there} of the various forms of silver preparations, but it IS ignorance because nobody seems to understand the differences. He did NOT consume 'colloidal silver', he consumed silver CHLORIDE. This is what people conveniently misunderstand, and rather than dig deeper to get a better understanding they just continue to copy and paste articles without thinking about what they are copying and pasting.

It confounds me as to why people can't seem to understand or discuss the subject with openmindedness and a degree of objectivity, or perhaps they just refuse to understand and are not willing to have it explained to them? I've certainly been down THAT road before here and won't go down there again. I intend to stay within the scope of the OP's posting and question why, in this case YOU, assume silver was involved with his demise when there is NO mention of silver being a contributing factor to his demise in that article?

However, it must be stated that to infer to the general public that he consumed colloidal silver is fraudulent, that is NOT what he was ingesting, he was ingesting silver CHLORIDE, and anyone who understands the varying forms of silver preparations know this. Remember that shiela who turned blue many decades ago that was bantered about in the media? That was silver NITRATE prescribed to her by her physician. It's beyond my control what people choose or refuse to accept, or their inability in making the distinction between apples from oranges. I guess it just comes down to people not wanting to know?

Old 09-30-2013, 10:22 PM

19,817 posts, read 55,800,152 times
think this has gone as far as it's going without getting into insults. closed. not really a H&W topic, should have been in Celebrities.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or