Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2013, 10:46 PM

4,829 posts, read 8,727,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitlock View Post
Lyrica was mentioned in this thread, so i have a question about that med.

I was prescribed Lyrica (pregabalin) for nerve pain in my leg and it works pretty well. But the problem is that i get this strange side effect it feels like a mild pain in my eyes. I've read that Lyrica can cause all sorts of side effects in the eyes even blindness. Anybody read or heard anything similar. I'm so anxious about this and it is sad if i have to stop taking the med because of possible risk of going blind.

Are there any other nerve pain medications without the risk of going blind? Also does Oxycodone relieve neuropathic nerve pain. Tramadol does not help.

Please try to answer.

I have 2 FULL bottles of Oxycodone that were left over from when I had a couple of surgeries 2 years ago. I just checked them --- the fill dates were October and November 2011. They're probably no good anymore They really helped when I was having pain from my surgeries --- I always wonder if they'd help the nerve pain, but I'm afraid to take them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2013, 10:55 PM

5,452 posts, read 11,249,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrc60 View Post
My mother was prescribed 800mg after surgery. Yes, it's too much! How is your stomach?
Good i guess. Maybe a little constipated since i take codeine too for slipped disk, pinned nerve pain which radiates to my right leg. I was also prescribed pantoprazol which should protect my stomach from the hazards of ibuprofen. What makes things even worse is that i'm addicted to Diet Coke and drink a lot of it on an empty stomach. I got to get control of myself!

Old 10-08-2013, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
I have 2 FULL bottles of Oxycodone that were left over from when I had a couple of surgeries 2 years ago. I just checked them --- the fill dates were October and November 2011. They're probably no good anymore They really helped when I was having pain from my surgeries --- I always wonder if they'd help the nerve pain, but I'm afraid to take them!
Yeah, prolly no kick left anymore.

Old 10-09-2013, 03:11 AM

23,172 posts, read 26,189,754 times
2 years? They're likely still good although, depending on how and where they were kept, they may have lost some potency.

Old 10-09-2013, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
2 years? They're likely still good although, depending on how and where they were kept, they may have lost some potency.
They were in my desk drawer for about a year and a half and then I tossed them in my dresser drawer. If they're still good, I would have no problem taking them. I'm just nervous about whether they are or not. What could happen if they're not? Is there that much of a chemical change or breakdown?

Old 10-09-2013, 01:24 PM

23,172 posts, read 26,189,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amisi View Post
They were in my desk drawer for about a year and a half and then I tossed them in my dresser drawer. If they're still good, I would have no problem taking them. I'm just nervous about whether they are or not. What could happen if they're not? Is there that much of a chemical change or breakdown?
The worst that would happen is they may not be as potent but I would not expect that after only a year or two or even three, as long as they haven't gotten powdery or crumbly or discolored.

Dates are never a cut and dried thing including those on foods.
You don't have to take only my word for it...
https://www.google.com/search?source...rlz=1I7TSNA_en

How much they'll do for neurological pain is going to depend on how they work for you all alone.

Old 10-09-2013, 02:06 PM

503 posts, read 1,204,214 times
Those pills are still good. If anything happened to them it would be they lost a tiny bit of potency. I'll bet they would be still good five years from now, just less strong.

Old 10-09-2013, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
The worst that would happen is they may not be as potent but I would not expect that after only a year or two or even three, as long as they haven't gotten powdery or crumbly or discolored.

Dates are never a cut and dried thing including those on foods.
You don't have to take only my word for it...
https://www.google.com/search?source...rlz=1I7TSNA_en

How much they'll do for neurological pain is going to depend on how they work for you all alone.

Good point. They helped with the pain after the 2 surgeries I had in 2011 and definitely helped me sleep. Neurological pain is different, though.

Old 10-10-2013, 01:39 AM

24,510 posts, read 33,305,373 times
Better have your liver checked if you take it every day/night.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David223 View Post
Those pills are still good. If anything happened to them it would be they lost a tiny bit of potency. I'll bet they would be still good five years from now, just less strong.
But if they lost a bit potency, they are no good!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness