Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-18-2007, 08:21 AM

673 posts, read 3,145,810 times

Advertisements

I dont do it often but sometimes I have dreams that just really scare me to death! I've also had good ones that actually came true. When I was 12 weeks pregnant, I dreamnt that I was having a girl, I went to the hospital and didnt recognize the doctor and coudlnt see my baby's face, but he said I had a girl. Turns out I went in on a holiday and didnt have my normal doctor, so it was one I had never seen before! I woke up and told my husband we were having a girl and sure enough. So when delivery time came, it was almost like deja vu...

Last night I had a HORRIBLE dream. I woke up at 1:40am and couldnt get back to sleep. I was just terrified. I dreamnt that our bed was right next to our window and it was open. I opened my eyes in the middle of the night to see a shadow of a man standing and looking into the window. I was so terrified I couldnt say a word, just babbled and tried to wake my husband up. The man at the window said something but I couldnt make it out and he had a very deep voice. My husband finally got up and was out of it and he started saying something to the guy. I finally got myself together as the man ran away from the window. Two of our neighbor's daughters were standing outside. I remember being so outraged that he came to our window and was staring in that I grabbed the window screen, through it out and started yelling obsenities at the guy. Then the girls next door started yelling and screaming to shut up, he had a gun! He came back, jumped into our window and shot my husband three or four times and he shot my 2 year old daughter twice in the chest! Both survived and he jumped out the window and I called 911 and I couldnt even talk. The ambulance came first and everyone was fine, and the cops caught him running down the road. And then the dream ended. I felt like I had run a marathon!! I was out of breath, and I just couldnt get the images out of my head. I acutally almost lost my husband to a hit and run accident 3 years ago in Dec, and I remember just saying over and over at the end of the dream "I cant lose him again, I cant lose him again".

Does anyone else dream crazy stuff like this??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2007, 08:32 AM

21,956 posts, read 24,309,354 times
Oh yes! Just a few nights back I dreamed my 28 year old son that lives in LA CA was being chased by some gang members. It seemed the dream lasted the whole night, although I know it only lasted a couple of minutes, and I was also tired when I woke up. I called my son immediately and he was just fine, of course. Don't know where some of these dreams pop up from. I could definately do without the "bad" dreams but really enjoy the "good" dreams. There are tons of studies about dreams but I don't know if I agree with most of them.

Old 11-18-2007, 03:29 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,341,443 times
Most of my dreams are so realistic, it's scary sometimes.
If I have a really instense dream that stays with me the next day and I can't get it off my mind, I try to analyze that and what's going on in my life at the time.
A lot of times, it has to do with too much stress.

Old 11-18-2007, 04:52 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,309,354 times
Stress is definately one cause---it is also a killer!! Wish there was a way to get rid of it totally! But in todays world I guess it's just a part of life...sigh.......

Old 11-19-2007, 05:56 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,351,207 times
I used to have bad dreams when I was a kid because I saw a lot of scary movies. They went away when I quit watching those types of movies. Then I saw Silence of the Lambs and for two months I had a man chasing me, trying to eat my arm. I won't watch that movie again. I think of bad dreams as coming from things you watch on TV or read, but also from stressful situations like the auto accident your husband was in.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:32 PM

5 posts, read 15,179 times
I agree scary movies give bad dreams.
I didn't watch a lot but each time i did, i had bad dreams all night!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness