Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2013, 09:43 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,410,130 times

Advertisements

When I go to bed at night I know I will see things moving if I open my eyes. There is a night light, so the room isn't totally dark. It's been this way for years and I don't know which medicine causes it, but, whatever I take, it's necessary, so, it's not likely the hallucinations will go away. Mainly, the cover appears to move. The wrinkles or folds move sort of the way water does when it's making small waves.
I'm curious if others experience something similar?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2013, 04:08 AM

2,134 posts, read 3,037,055 times
You need to look up all of your medication(s) side effects and possible adverse reactions. Buy a drug guide for nurses or physicians for the most detailed information. This way you can identify which one of the medications you are on is causing this issue. Also read up on the food and drug interactions. It's possible that it's not one medication that is causing the problem...there is a possibility that two or more of your medications may be interacting with each other or it could be a food that you shouldn't eat/drink while taking certain medications.

Are all of your medications being prescribed by one doctor? If not then are all of your doctors aware of what you are taking? You might have to take all of your medications in to your doctor to allow them to evaluate everything you are taking.

It's either that or you have some ghosts thing going on.

Old 03-09-2013, 08:01 PM

467 posts, read 1,887,605 times
Have you ever taken any hallucinogens in the past?

Old 03-09-2013, 11:29 PM

8,452 posts, read 14,998,391 times
It's normal and common. This is the cause (see "best answer"). Sorry it's such a crummy reference; you may want to research the concept of 'neural noise' for yourself.

How come at night in the dark, you have your eyes open but still see like moving things? - Yahoo! Answers

Old 03-10-2013, 05:23 AM

Location: The back alleys of Hong Kong and sometimes Brussels, Belgium
242 posts, read 268,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubi3 View Post
When I go to bed at night I know I will see things moving if I open my eyes. There is a night light, so the room isn't totally dark. It's been this way for years and I don't know which medicine causes it, but, whatever I take, it's necessary, so, it's not likely the hallucinations will go away. Mainly, the cover appears to move. The wrinkles or folds move sort of the way water does when it's making small waves.
I'm curious if others experience something similar?
Never experienced this kind of thing from medicine. I am here only to tell you that this feeling of fear or un-easy-ness is only temporary. I've felt lots of darkness and I've seen strange things in my life, but none of that matters. You need to go back, go back to the times in life when you made the right decisions, and realize that you were here for a purpose as you helped those people.

Listen to some inspiration, WHILE YOU JUDGE IT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6p3TCZaX35I

Time to overcome the darkness, beleive in yourself, and move into GreaTness!!!

Old 03-10-2013, 04:33 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,706,245 times
Though it's normal, you might want to get your eyes checked to see if maybe you have a bit of astigmatism. Doubtful that it's that, but you can rule it out with a normal eye exam.

Old 10-06-2013, 01:20 PM

7,776 posts, read 12,410,130 times
Back when I made this thread, I didn't know there was a way to check for responses. Sorry about that! I thought no one responded.

Old 10-06-2013, 10:22 PM

88,293 posts, read 84,292,537 times
When I was little, I closed my eyes and saw blue and green blob things taking each color over in sequence in patterns similar to what you'd see in a kaliedoscope. The other night, I noticed the same thing going on after I started a new medication. Was kind of nice to see an old friend, but it struck me wondering what made that particular pattern. It's a little bit like looking at a satellite photo of Earth.

Old 10-06-2013, 10:35 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,831,238 times
It's amazing what medications can do.

After I gave birth, I had problems with the medication used for not breast feeding. Whenever I would start to fall asleep, I would feel like I was on a roller coaster and I could literally feel the wind. I also had awful nightmares. Both were so weird, I finally called the doctor and she told me to stop taking the medication. It never occurred to me that it was a side effect of the medication. I simply thought I was losing my mind.

When I was taking an antibiotic, I saw bugs in my bathroom and my bed. The next morning when I was going to work, I grabbed the patient information sheet for my new antibiotic, and low and behold, 1% had hallucinations.

Call your doctor. Even though all of your medications are necessary, there may be a better medication. You could also schedule a meeting with your pharmacist. They know meds and how they interact with each other best, and they can advise your doctor if there is a better alternative for you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness