Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2013, 01:48 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,956,757 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebodynew View Post
You actually get DISTURBED by when other people bathe?
I don't live in an island. I''d hate to work/encounter in any other form with grown menstruating women who sweat, have vaginal secretions etc & barely bathe. Water is NEVER your enemy. I dont care how dry your skin gets as an adult woman you need to bathe daily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2013, 01:59 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by angrymillionaire View Post
I don't live in an island. I''d hate to work/encounter in any other form with grown menstruating women who sweat, have vaginal secretions etc & barely bathe. Water is NEVER your enemy. I dont care how dry your skin gets as an adult woman you need to bathe daily.
It's not clear who has the issues here.

Old 10-12-2013, 02:01 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,444,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
It's not clear who has the issues here.

Oh, I beg to to differ.....I think it's pretty clear..

Old 10-12-2013, 02:08 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,246,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Wasn't a thread just like this closed not too long ago?

People can do what they want to with their own bodies, but a bath/shower at least once a day is my preference.

Too many dead skin cells and body oils create a gamy odor on people that I cannot abide.
Agreed. I need a shower every day. If I try to skip a day, by late morning I'm feeling grungy. If other people don't want to bathe daily I don't care, as long as they don't stink! But I just don't feel right till I've had my shower.

When my kids were little, I bathed them every day. Never had any issues with their skin. Now they are 20-something adults who shower daily.

Old 10-12-2013, 02:30 PM

7,743 posts, read 15,862,944 times
Quote:
Its good to recognize that you're one of those people that stink up easily... but not everyone is like that. Some people just don't secrete as badly as others.

I agree that a baby doesn't need a daily bath, but no one is saying that the baby shouldn't get cleaned up or that the baby has to wait until that 7th-10th day/"Bath" day.

Old 10-12-2013, 02:49 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,182,643 times
I did not plan on bathing my daughter every day (almost 6 months now) because I heard it could cause dry skin, but she was born with a lot of hair and it actually smells greasy if I let it go. She loves bath time as well and it has become a part of her routine. If I notice any dry skin we'll start skipping it. Guess it's the Italian in her! I bathe every day expect Saturdays. I'll skip washing my hair if I didn't do cardio that day, but on days I do it makes me sticky, so it's nice to wash. I do worry about the wrinkle/dry skin thing.

Old 10-12-2013, 02:52 PM

12,770 posts, read 11,558,961 times
Quote:
Sounds like you have a personal problem, here ya go.

http://www.gracenglamour.com/easy-wa...-vaginal-odor/

Old 10-12-2013, 04:55 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
The thread is about bathing babies. Babies are not sweating like an adult does. There is some medical issues that need to be looked at if your baby is having smelly vaginal secretion that requires a daily bath. You also don't continue bathing a baby even when there skin is dry, as that can be very uncomfortable for baby. Its hard enough sometimes to know what baby is crying about, don't need to add the discomfort of dry itchy skin to the mix.

Old 10-12-2013, 05:05 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,681,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Braunwyn View Post
I did not plan on bathing my daughter every day (almost 6 months now) because I heard it could cause dry skin, but she was born with a lot of hair and it actually smells greasy if I let it go. She loves bath time as well and it has become a part of her routine. If I notice any dry skin we'll start skipping it. Guess it's the Italian in her! I bathe every day expect Saturdays. I'll skip washing my hair if I didn't do cardio that day, but on days I do it makes me sticky, so it's nice to wash. I do worry about the wrinkle/dry skin thing.
Babies usually love baths

I can't stand a smelly baby - no matter what the smells are from, lol

Since you are worried about the potential wrinkles/dry skin let me pass on a tip...

Just don't shower in extremely hot water every single time.

In addition, try to never put hot water on your face.

If you wash it with cold water instead you won't get the dry skin or wrinkles

I learned this years ago and it has served me well.

I bathe once, sometimes twice a day but have been told I could do an Oil of Olay commercial because my face is so young and smooth.

Old 10-12-2013, 05:18 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,956,757 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
The thread is about bathing babies. Babies are not sweating like an adult does. There is some medical issues that need to be looked at if your baby is having smelly vaginal secretion that requires a daily bath. You also don't continue bathing a baby even when there skin is dry, as that can be very uncomfortable for baby. Its hard enough sometimes to know what baby is crying about, don't need to add the discomfort of dry itchy skin to the mix.
I mentioned this because we had adults coming out of the woodworks saying they bathe three times a week or their mummy bathed herself once a week because of dry skin & low sweat glands. My point being just because a woman barely sweats does not mean she is not sexually active & therefore waking up with semen in her private parts or she could barely sweat but secret vaginal fluids. She could also barely sweat but have an oily scalp. IMO no way should a grown woman bathe less than between 7 to 14 times a week!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness