Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2013, 10:36 PM

43,011 posts, read 107,662,571 times

Advertisements

As I anticipated, he refused to go to the ER today. It was just a stall tactic. I know him all too well.

Yes, there is plenty of insurance, but that doesn't' help much since I love his sorry ass. I would prefer to have him stick around to sit in rocking chairs with me on the porch of an old folks home someday.

I called his brother. He is going to have a talk with him. It irritates me that I have to enlist the help of others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2013, 11:59 PM
ino

680 posts, read 2,491,621 times
Hey, I thought you shielas were supposed to be bright <g>. Get a conversation going and steer it in the right direction and maybe he will make a suggestion, viola, he will think it was HIS idea then and you can say "what a good idea, I'm glad you thought of that"... LMAO.

Wait a minute, geez what am I saying?

Old 11-05-2013, 09:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ino View Post
Hey, I thought you shielas were supposed to be bright <g>. Get a conversation going and steer it in the right direction and maybe he will make a suggestion, viola, he will think it was HIS idea then and you can say "what a good idea, I'm glad you thought of that"... LMAO.

Wait a minute, geez what am I saying?
Are you saying that men's egos are gentle little flowers that need to be handled ever so delicately?

Old 11-05-2013, 04:29 PM
ino

680 posts, read 2,491,621 times
LOL...

No, I'm saying we got more important things to concern ourselves with, we only seek assistance when when we can't function on our own anymore, so trickery is necessary, and I thought women were masters of deception when it comes to the male psyche…LOL. You know, we are the brawn and you are the brains <BG>. Make him think it was HIS idea.

Like that movie "My fat greek wedding" or whatever it was called. I thought that was hilarious when the mother 'steered' the father into finding a solution, letting him believe it was HIS idea that saved the day. Remember, we have that 'man cave' we retreat to when things aren't working out so well for us, we go into voluntary solitude and lock everyone else out while we figure things out…LOL.

Old 11-05-2013, 04:56 PM

Then I'll lock him in a man cave until he comes to his senses.

Old 11-08-2013, 09:39 AM

76 posts, read 89,371 times
I'm glad I don't have a woman to nag me that way. You can only give him advice but the final decision will always be his. He's still a person in his own right despite being married.

Old 12-16-2013, 09:58 AM

39 posts, read 34,360 times
Leave him alone, he's old enough to know what he wants or doesn't want.

Old 09-29-2018, 08:17 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,708,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
We men think we are bulletproof. Keep thinking the problem will go away. My ex saved my life when we were married by forcing me to go to the emergency room with chest pains that I thought was indigestion...........it was a heart attack.

Simply make the appointment and make him go. We are like little boys sometimes and have to be taken by the hand and made to do things.

Don

Here is a little update on what I posted above in 2013. In August, I had a quadruple bypass, and came home after the surgery. My ex is an RN, and she has been wonderful by spending every day with me and taking care of me.

After I was home for about a week, she looked at me one day and said to my home healthcare nurse, "I don't think he looks good". They both agreed and told me we should call 911 and get an ambulance. Being a dumbass guy, I of course fought that idea, but my ex picked up the phone, called 911 and they came and took me to the hospital.

Turns out I had thrown a whole lot of blood clots into my lungs, and I was suffocating. They kept me there for 3 days, put me on a blood thinner, and now I have had about 18 good days in a row at home. I am driving again, shopping, and getting my life back.

Yesterday I had my follow up visit with my Dr. and he said " If you hadn't gone to the hospital in that ambulance, you would be dead right now !" So, the bottom line is, we guys are stupid sometimes and we need the urging and pushing of the women in our lives to do the right thing.

So, this is twice my ex has saved my life. I tend to listen to her a lot more now.

Old 09-29-2018, 08:35 AM

2,033 posts, read 1,668,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post

So, the bottom line is, we guys are stupid sometimes and we need the urging and pushing of the women in our lives to do the right thing.

So, this is twice my ex has saved my life. I tend to listen to her a lot more now.
Only stupid when you are awake?

Old 09-29-2018, 09:23 AM

2,269 posts, read 1,616,523 times
I’ve had similar visual problems and fortunately both turned out to be mundane. The first incident lasted for weeks after it was diagnosed as a vitreous detachment or separation. You can do a simple on line test here using an Amsler Grid.

https://swretinaconsultants.com/amsler-grid.html

The second instance was different and more alarming. I suddenly experienced jagged, prismatic looking images in my upper left visual field. That one scared me pretty good. It was diagnosed as an ocular migraine. I had never even heard of such a thing and obviously not experienced one. Hopefully his problems are of this minor variety. Best wishes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness