U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2013, 04:36 PM

1,373 posts, read 2,359,974 times

Advertisements

I'm at my wit's end. I feel generally unwell. I have this pounding pain on my right eye. Seen eye docs, neurologists, internist but no avail.

On top of that, my face has this involuntary twitching. Facial muscles feel painful. Neurologists (2 of them ) say MRI scans are clean. Its not TMG either, that was ruled out.

What causes one's face to twitch involuntarily frequently? And whats with the electric spasms?

My doctor prescribed Neurobiotin, its supposed to calm the nerves but I stopped taking it as I found it made the sensitivity worse.

I find once I stopped with Cymbalta meds twitching got worse!

UHH! And the pain makes me drink

To clarify: Twitching is not painful just unpleasant & I am afraid what people who see it might think of me. Pain on eye is unberable though. Eye doctor thought its eye dryness, tried a spray you spray over your eye, drops etc to no avail
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-31-2013, 06:20 PM

19,631 posts, read 53,468,042 times
Twitching can be a symptom of stress - I get strong eyelid twitching when I'm under a lot of stress.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 10-31-2013, 06:40 PM

43,012 posts, read 88,940,518 times
In addition to stress, involuntary facial twitching can be a sign of fatigue. When it happens to me, I get a few good night's sleep via taking Nyquill and it goes away.

Vitamin and mineral deficiencies can cause muscle spasms and cramps anywhere on the body.

Old 10-31-2013, 07:03 PM

5,563 posts, read 7,635,104 times
Where's the popcorn?

Old 10-31-2013, 07:49 PM

43,012 posts, read 88,940,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazkat9696 View Post
Where's the popcorn?
There's some on my stove. Really. My husband made it tonight. You're welcome to have some.

Old 11-01-2013, 06:55 AM

758 posts, read 761,649 times
I can totally relate to your pain. I get muscle twitches all over my body sporadically; I get eye pain as well. They are part of the symptoms of my severe sleep disorder which Iíve been suffering for more than 10 years now. My EEG was fine and my ophthalmologist too thought my eye pain was caused by eye dryness. I still have no cure for my illness after all these years. Sleep deprivation has become an old enemy of mine which I must learn to live with on daily basis. I need medical help but donít know where to go anymore. Iím just praying for divine intervention at this point.....

Old 11-01-2013, 08:18 AM

18,434 posts, read 28,516,023 times
I get a twitch on my eyelids, and my neurologist gave it a name. I can't remember what it was. He did tell me to cut down on caffeine.

Old 11-02-2013, 09:57 AM

14,648 posts, read 29,685,966 times
Try some magnesium. This will calm a LOT of people's symptoms here. I too, used to get a lot of twitching, electrical spasms, calf cramps etc. I started taking powder form magnesium citrate, and after a few months everything has improved 100%. Maybe there are other things you might need, but this is a start. You may have a severe electrolyte imbalance in the body.

I will also add that I have been getting acupuncture for a few months now which has helped me IMMENSELY with various health conditions.

Old 11-02-2013, 11:30 AM

45,270 posts, read 86,025,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Try some magnesium. This will calm a LOT of people's symptoms here. I too, used to get a lot of twitching, electrical spasms, calf cramps etc. I started taking powder form magnesium citrate, and after a few months everything has improved 100%. Maybe there are other things you might need, but this is a start. You may have a severe electrolyte imbalance in the body.

I will also add that I have been getting acupuncture for a few months now which has helped me IMMENSELY with various health conditions.
Completely agree with the magnesium recommendation!

Low levels of magnesium can lead to muscle contraction and muscle cramps.

It is estimated that about 50% of Americans don't get enough magnesium. And it is beneficial in so many ways from helping form ATP (which gives us more energy) to preventing heart disease and lowering blood pressure, in addition to helping regulate the colon and bowels.
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/...lars_Of_Health

Old 11-02-2013, 03:36 PM

38,673 posts, read 45,016,991 times
Quote:What disease causes involuntary twiching and electric spasms?

OP it's not a disease, it's a muscle disorder...read all about it here:
Tic Disorders (Motor Tics) and Twitches
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness