Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2013, 04:45 PM

37 posts, read 59,636 times

Advertisements

I am seriously considering artificial insemination. I can provide for a child. Some may this point hardly counts, but I've raised my 2 nieces with my sister since day 1 (minus the times they go on month long trips without me lol). It has taught me a lot, and we are very protective and aware. Anyway, my point isn't to prove to you why I feel I can raise a kid. People go and get pregnant even when they shouldn't be anywhere near kids but we all go on and grumble to ourselves.
I'm want AI because I'm going to be too old before I find someone I want to have kids with. No one's approached me for like 5 or 6 years, and I don't want to be in my 50s by the time my first child turns 18, nevermind the rest of them. I'm a nice person, I'm not ridiculous, I take care of myself. But I'm a plain Jane and I'm also a first nation, and I believe that it makes me unapproachable. People have these beliefs about us, and I understand why. I don't really want anyone bringing me home to meet their parents because I don't want to alarm the parents.
Also, for health reasons- I've read that women who hold off childbearing tend to have problems with their ovary area- its not too good to keep having your period without any breaks. The curse of Eve, you should really look into us and our wonderful ovaries and why we should probably have kids even though we're trying to outsmart God and avoid labor pains altogether . Anyway, I might possibly have endometriosis already- I'm going to see a gynecologist about all that.
But my main reason is because I want to be a mom but I don't believe that special someone is out there and I'm living in a day where I don't need them to be in order to be a mom.
I also just cannot sleep with someone to get knocked up. Some girls are able to go for guy after guy, but I just can't do that. Its vile to me, I'm sick of all this sexual perversion happening today.
Tell me about your experiences please? Your opinions? Do you have regrets? Why shouldn't I do it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2013, 09:26 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
You didn't say how old you are. I didn't do this, but I did look into it when I was single and in my late 20's. I didn't do it mostly because of the cost. I felt the way you do, I could not sleep with someone just to get pregnant. At that time I felt I would never get married, or not before I was too old to have children. Well, I did meet someone at age 33, got pregnant 2 mos. after we married and had my first child 2 days after my first anniversary. I ended up have 3 biological children and adopted another at birth, so 4 children in all. If you are in your 20's I would wait.

Old 11-13-2013, 04:11 AM

I know of women that have artificially inseminated themselves with semen from a male friend that agreed. It worked with them all, it is pretty easy. By the time I found out about this I was already married and having children or I think I would have done it myself.

Last edited by brokencrayola; 11-13-2013 at 04:12 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 11-13-2013, 05:26 AM

37 posts, read 59,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I know of women that have artificially inseminated themselves with semen from a male friend that agreed. It worked with them all, it is pretty easy. By the time I found out about this I was already married and having children or I think I would have done it myself.
I'm thinking I'll start having kids in my late 20s. 26-27ish. I'm 23 now. 4 years isn't so far away.
I don't really like the male friend idea. I don't want to know the donor if I'm doing AI!
AI is cheap-ish now, how much was it for you? I'm glad that you found someone. Maybe I will.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:57 PM

I never did it myself. I thought about it when I was single, but in those days it was very expensive. Then I met someone when I was 33 and started having children. I have known people though that have done it themselves using male friends that either do not want kids themselves and they have an agreement that she will not seek any financial aid from him to raise the child, or male friends that do wish to co-parent with someone without marrying.

Old 11-14-2013, 07:59 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
We have a friend trying this. She is 39 and feels she is coming to the end of her fertility.

We have expressed we did not think this was a good idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness