U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-08-2013, 10:35 PM

346 posts, read 794,109 times

Advertisements

Forgot to wear goggles and kept my EYES OPEN THE ENTIRE TIME. To make matters worse, this was the most intense level bed (level 4 or 5) for about 15 minutes. Don't know what I was thinking. Obviously I wasn't thinking at all.

As soon as I got off the bed I realized I fukked up. Mentioned that i was concerned to the staff and the guy was repeatedly adamant that I have nothing to worry about as it only happened once. I just worry about cataracts and what not.

Anyone else make a similar mistake or have any feedback? Do I have anything to worry about for this one-time blunder? Just had my eyes checked a couple weeks ago and other then some dryness they feel fine.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2013, 12:08 AM

538 posts, read 5,203,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Millennium View Post
Forgot to wear goggles and kept my EYES OPEN THE ENTIRE TIME. To make matters worse, this was the most intense level bed (level 4 or 5) for about 15 minutes. Don't know what I was thinking. Obviously I wasn't thinking at all.

As soon as I got off the bed I realized I fukked up. Mentioned that i was concerned to the staff and the guy was repeatedly adamant that I have nothing to worry about as it only happened once. I just worry about cataracts and what not.

Anyone else make a similar mistake or have any feedback? Do I have anything to worry about for this one-time blunder? Just had my eyes checked a couple weeks ago and other then some dryness they feel fine.

Thanks.
Same as a Mig, Arc, Tig welding flashburn basically when you accidentally look at the arc light. They are both UV, however the bed might not be quite as intense. If so, your eyes will feel like someone threw sand in them for a day or so. Will dissipate with time, just don't make a habit of it.

Old 12-09-2013, 08:41 AM

2,888 posts, read 4,475,732 times
So you are worried about getting cataracts but not skin cancer?

Old 12-09-2013, 11:13 AM

13,437 posts, read 15,036,253 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by straight shooter View Post
So you are worried about getting cataracts but not skin cancer?
Risk of eye damage is even greater than risk of skin cancer. I agree, it's kind of odd.

Old 12-09-2013, 11:17 AM

2,666 posts, read 2,734,559 times
The first stupid thing you did was go to a tanning salon, second was keeping your eyes open ! What in the hell do you have to look tan for ?

Old 12-09-2013, 12:19 PM

15,226 posts, read 23,743,496 times
I went to tanning parlor 3 times a week for 11 years.
I was tan 24/7/354, muscular and fierce in my 40's, big time. LOL, my sons friend used to think i was the older brother, as we all look alike.

I went to palm Springs California for 3 weeks, came back as dark as I possibly can, I am of Greek descent so that helps.

When I came back from PS, I was diagnosed with basil cell on my shoulder, then anoter on on my left pect. both were removed and the shoulder one you would never notice, but the one on my chest was cut out and stitched, luckily i have hairy chest, but no hair is there.

so I didnt listen to anyone, and look what happened.

tanny parlors are not good.

I learned the hard way.

i was not a smoker, but i was a tanner.

Old 12-09-2013, 12:34 PM

54 posts, read 94,113 times
If it happened once then don't worry, IMO.

Try to not do it again, or, go to another tanning salon because staff they should remind you every time you use the machine the safety measures. Of course, I'm not very fond in tanning salon, but...

Old 12-09-2013, 02:02 PM

13,018 posts, read 7,193,418 times
Yep that was dumb all right.

Old 12-09-2013, 02:04 PM

35,121 posts, read 37,790,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Millennium View Post

Thanks.

Yet use a tanning bed.

Old 12-09-2013, 04:53 PM

994 posts, read 1,198,159 times
How do accidentally keep your eyes open in that situation? Is it normal for you to keep your eyes open when you rest or sleep? Are you a shark? If so, I must compliment you on your fabulous typing skills.

Your eye doctor said you were okay, so I wouldn't worry about it unless your eyes start bugging you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness