Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 08:30 PM

18,431 posts, read 34,357,424 times

Advertisements

Before, I could not eat meat, and finally things got back to normal. I think stress did that.

Now, when my kids are not with me, I dont care to eat. I dont get hungry. I can go all day and not eat, but not feel hunger pains.

During the week I sometimes eat lunch, I fix dinner for the kids, but dont eat much, and the meat is decreasing again.

yesterday I ate a piece of pie, thats it. Today I ate some veggies, around 7pm, thats it, for today. I felt a little hungry at that time.

Coffee in the am, one cup, every day
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2007, 08:57 PM

249 posts, read 1,029,986 times
are you feeling down in the dumps at all?

Old 11-25-2007, 09:32 PM

2,493 posts, read 4,399,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
Before, I could not eat meat, and finally things got back to normal. I think stress did that.

Now, when my kids are not with me, I dont care to eat. I dont get hungry. I can go all day and not eat, but not feel hunger pains.

During the week I sometimes eat lunch, I fix dinner for the kids, but dont eat much, and the meat is decreasing again.

yesterday I ate a piece of pie, thats it. Today I ate some veggies, around 7pm, thats it, for today. I felt a little hungry at that time.

Coffee in the am, one cup, every day
Well, is it a problem? Do you feel like you need to eat more?

Old 11-25-2007, 09:37 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,413,299 times
stress can do it.
if you have reserves (fat) body can get by.
i would suggest slim fasts to make sure you are getting
the essentials. no more than 3 per day.
its ok to be off your feed, kitties do it all the time.
but take slim fast to make sure you dont hurt yourself.
smiles

Old 11-26-2007, 04:11 AM

13,163 posts, read 1,694,182 times
You might try Boost, or similar drinks, for the nutrition. Slim Fast is OK but it's loaded with sugar. Make sure you are taking your vitamins daily.

Above all, be sure you've had a recent physical, or a talk with your doctor. Don't just let it go. Make sure there's nothing going on that you should know about.

Old 11-26-2007, 05:25 AM

Yep, recent physical, it must be stress again, becaus I have had it, car blew up, ex dh is a jerk...all that good stuff,........

Old 11-26-2007, 07:01 AM

2,178 posts, read 9,577,641 times
When I get stressed, the first thing that happens to me is I loose my appitite. Food looses it taste and appeal to me, it tasts like cardboard and is hard to get down. Is that what is happening with you?

There are times when things are going great that I just get to busy to eat, wanting to hurry up and get things done and not take the time to eat. Food has never been a big deal to me, I can take it or leave it.

I suggest getting rid of the stress in your life and learning how to cope with things. It can be done, I had to do it when I got IBS and getting stressed would give me painful, crippeling diarrhea that sometimes would last for weeks. I haven't had that in years since I learned how to elimanate stress and keep it down to something I could cope with.

Old 11-26-2007, 07:29 AM

8,189 posts, read 31,233,542 times
My life would be better if stress effected me like that. I am just the opposite, I eat non-stop when I am stressed.

And along the "been there, done that" line, your ex will always be a jerk. That is why he is your ex. Don't let him get to you (easy for me to say, I know). You get to go shopping for a new car? How much fun!

Hang tough girlfriend.

Old 11-26-2007, 09:54 AM

2,493 posts, read 4,399,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cinderobyn View Post
Yep, recent physical, it must be stress again, becaus I have had it, car blew up, ex dh is a jerk...all that good stuff,........
That's why you forget to eat then. You need to sit down and make sure you have a little meal now and again. It's called nurturing yourself. What would you do if your child was not eating? Well, then do that for yourself. Make sure you have a banana in the morning. Bananas are wonderful energy food. Buy a few energy bars at Trader Joes. They have some flax seed bars with chocolate chips in them that I love. Make yourself a warm cup of green tea with soy milk, light some candles and take a warm bath. It's important to find time for yourself. You have to take care of yourself so that you can be there for your kids... so slow down, take some time out, and relax...

greenie

Old 11-27-2007, 04:17 AM

I ate a breakfast sandwich yesterday morning from McD.... could hardly swallow it, gag.

For lunch I ate a little bit of Mexican, no meat. No dinner.

So far this morning, the usual, coffee. So, it's not just when the kids are not with me, because they have been home since Sunday evening.

It is all the time. When this happened before, a few months back, I did not have much of an appetite and dropped all meats. I had to find protein supplements. I was going through a tough time, with my marriage. I am separated now, and I do have stress, but not like before, just everyday things, but with him topping them off, being a jerk.

I think I will go for about a week and see what happens, and if it continues, I will see my dr, or NP. I work there. Shouldn't be a problem.

Its like I just dont care to eat, and my body is not even saying, look you are hungry, eat something!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness