Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2007, 10:40 PM

605 posts, read 859,969 times

Advertisements

Thanks all, I'm going a little, but I am under an extremem amount of stress currently and am not eating well--a lot of sugar, coffee.
This is a typical day--for the last 3 days say:
egg, cheese, on an english muffin, Starbucks Large, 4 petite vanilla scones, and red meat for dinner. I cut out red meat for a long time, but I'm also taking some meds that have caused constipation in the past. I'm only getting in about 8oz of water too, when iusually have 6-8 cups, the stress is making me sick.

Last edited by WannaBNorCal; 12-17-2007 at 10:40 PM.. Reason: oh and throw some broccoli or a salad in there
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2007, 12:15 AM

21 posts, read 71,484 times
Increase your fiber in your diet and take digestive enzymes. The older you get, the less enzymes you have. An adult should have 25-35 grams of fiber/day. A child should have their age plus 10. Today's food doesn't have much really.

Here's how I cheat: http://david.easydietcookie.com
Attached Thumbnails
Constipation-cookie_choc_med-1-.jpg  

Old 12-20-2007, 12:35 AM

Where would I find digestive enzymes?

Old 12-20-2007, 01:59 AM

2,071 posts, read 6,676,089 times
Default Enzymes

Vitamin shops, Whole foods, some trader joes. I still say for most people its their daily diet, lack of daily exercise, add plenty of water and forget the Coffee for a while. Just my opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBNorCal View Post
Where would I find digestive enzymes?

Old 12-20-2007, 04:23 PM

Thanks - I'm going to a health food store later and am going to tell them my problem. I was also told by blood tests that I have systemic candida in my gut - leaky gut - I want to fix this. I was thinking of getting those bowel preps one does before diagnostic tests, just to clean me out--may not be a bad idea?

Old 12-20-2007, 05:35 PM

9,367 posts, read 25,134,880 times
Four shots of tequila, taken 15 minutes apart.

Old 12-20-2007, 09:35 PM

LOL! Don't drink anymore---but sounds good - loved tequila---- in high school!
10 shots in an hour...
Got this stuff called Simple Cleanse and some MOM see if that blows it out.

Old 12-21-2007, 07:35 AM

203 posts, read 925,739 times
Default Load of............

Ive had this issue with my boy since he was a little babe.....now a teen.....and i have tried all the usually stuff............loads of veggies, fruits, bran, psyllium, stool softeners, enemas, water water water, exercise, fibre fibre fibre, etc etc etc.
Some are just gastrointestinally messed up. Dont laugh now, but the best, thee very best is Oxy powder(yes i know it sounds very commercial and sounds like oxy clean!!). Check out their many websites and decide for yourself..........i never would have tried it for my son because of the name alone, but was highly recommended by my "alternative" thinking doc. Runs approximately 42 CAN per bottle..........but after the initial "cleanse" he is on a maintenance dose of 2/day and 2 Senna(cheap herb capsule also found in a good health food store...11 CAN?).................Never p**ped so good in his life!..........in fact it clogs the toilet!..............not complaining, at least he's got relief!!
P.S. cant find the Oxy powder in Canada...........so we have to order from the States

Old 12-21-2007, 01:01 PM

463 posts, read 643,253 times
Oh man norcal this is the livest thread you have posted. Go for the prunes dog, i eat them everyday just for fun and man let me just say these three words : Slip and slide. Just eat the prunes man, you will thank me later

Old 12-21-2007, 03:39 PM

Prunes didn't help, however, I'll try them again. The MOM did at 2 Tbs., but I got crampy. Will check out that Oxy stuff. My family has a bad digestive genetics, and medication adds to it. I'll find something for the new year - time to get healthy, having all that crap up there is NOT healthy. 60feet of intestines holds a lot of stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness