Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2014, 04:53 PM

2,098 posts, read 3,524,370 times

Advertisements

I just had one last night. When I first noticed the obvious symptom I was like

It freaked me out because there was a lot of bleeding. I went to urgent care before work today and got checked out and cream for it. I was relieved because I thought it was something worse.

What's your take on these bad boys? Ever have them? It's it normal to have it? Apparently half the world gets them, rarely are they severe. But does it mean you have to watch out for your colon as time goes on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2014, 12:56 AM

44,625 posts, read 61,603,272 times
They're just an irritant. You deal with them, they eventually go away.

Old 02-19-2014, 08:45 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,285,568 times
Best to have a regular check-up with your regular physician. (Mention the problem.) Also get a referral to a proctologist* - have it checked out. There can be problems with high blood pressure in the veins supplying "that area" and that can be caused by other problems like fatty liver. So best to get checked out.

*I went to a proctologist once and he had the softest most comfortable chairs in his waiting room I ever sat in. I realized I was in the right place!

Old 02-19-2014, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_J View Post
Best to have a regular check-up with your regular physician. (Mention the problem.) Also get a referral to a proctologist* - have it checked out. There can be problems with high blood pressure in the veins supplying "that area" and that can be caused by other problems like fatty liver. So best to get checked out.

*I went to a proctologist once and he had the softest most comfortable chairs in his waiting room I ever sat in. I realized I was in the right place!
Thanks Billy_J. Could you go into a bit more detail? Also, what do you mean by fatty liver? My liver was tested last year and it was normal.

Old 02-19-2014, 04:54 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,818,191 times
I had an external one that itched/bled removed in the proctologist's officee under a local. The first prick of the needle hurt a bit but nothing after that. Went home and followed the instructions - which i don't remember. never again had a problem (that was in 2001).

Old 02-19-2014, 04:56 PM

45,356 posts, read 60,546,019 times
They're a pain in the ass.

Old 02-19-2014, 06:58 PM

1,899 posts, read 3,957,395 times
I've heard a lot of them are caused by wiping with toilet paper. Wiping too much (we all like to be "clean", right?) causes tiny scratches and the skin gets irritated. Like others have said, I think every adult experiences them at some point. Most of the time, they are just a minor irritant.

Old 02-19-2014, 09:16 PM

22,661 posts, read 24,589,306 times
Fissures and Hemorrhoids are very common.....sometimes you get them and they go away on their own. Other times they stay and become a real pain in the butt. If it is a problem they persists and bothers you....get the problem rectumified.

I had fissures for 20 years, a real pain. One short procedure later...and all the problems caused by the fissures were gone.

Old 02-20-2014, 09:25 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,285,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freshflakes757 View Post
Thanks Billy_J. Could you go into a bit more detail? Also, what do you mean by fatty liver? My liver was tested last year and it was normal.
Basically there are blood veins which have to do with the liver and also down below where one would get hemorrhoids. If the liver is blocked due to fatty deposits or other problems, that can cause increased pressure in the "portal vein" and one problem can be hemorrhoids - sort of like blowing up a balloon!

Best to read about this from more authoritative sources than myself! Search google.com for the following words...

portal vein hemorrhoid

also...

anorectal varices

Old 02-20-2014, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_J View Post
Basically there are blood veins which have to do with the liver and also down below where one would get hemorrhoids. If the liver is blocked due to fatty deposits or other problems, that can cause increased pressure in the "portal vein" and one problem can be hemorrhoids - sort of like blowing up a balloon!

Best to read about this from more authoritative sources than myself! Search google.com for the following words...

portal vein hemorrhoid

also...

anorectal varices
Thanks! To be honest with you, I'm a bit of a hard wiper so I think that's the issue for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness