Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2014, 07:48 AM

757 posts, read 1,019,824 times

Advertisements

One of the numerous symptoms of my sleep disorder is eye pain. It attacks my eye sporadically, sometimes left, sometimes right and sometimes both at the same time. The intensity varies which ranges from small discomfort to intense pricking-liked pain. It usually happened while I was asleep and the pain would wake me up; it also happened almost immediately after I was woken up by some other symptoms.

The pain felt like it hit from behind the eyes when I was lying flat on my back. Strange enough, it felt differently when I was lying on my side. Anyway, it hit both my eyes last night as I was sleeping on my back. It was very painful and it lasted for quite a while. Of course, it was the first time.

I went to see an ophthalmologist before about this strange and painful experience. I was told that it was a rather common thing which was caused by dried eyes. The remedy is to apply special eye drops. So I did when it got unbearable like what happened last night. The problem is that it doesn't stop it from happening again and again. Eye drops can only sooth the pain a little after the fact and that's it.

I'm wondering what other alternatives are there which might cure the problem once and for all. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-02-2014, 12:42 PM

4,564 posts, read 10,925,214 times
Well if you have dry eye you need to be applying drops regularly. Did they check specifically to see if you had a chronic dry eye issue?

I have an eye disease and one eye in particular has problems. I have to use drops regularly and at night I use a thicker drop. If I'm out in the wind and my eyes aren't protected I have gotten the shooting eye pain.

I don't wait until my eyes hurt to use the drops. At that point it's too late.

Old 04-03-2014, 08:46 AM

No, there wasn't any special procedure done to test on chronic dry eye issue. However, my eye was perfectly fine before. There wasn't any chronic issue to test, I suppose. The current problem I've been having sort of coming out to hit me from nowhere and in a rather sudden and abrupt manner. I was quite surprised to get that.

Old 04-03-2014, 09:12 AM

4,564 posts, read 10,925,214 times
The eye doctor should have been able to see when doing the eye exam if there are issues or inflammation with your tear ducts. Do you get really watery eyes at times as well? That's another sign of dry eye believe it or not.

Old 04-05-2014, 12:14 AM

No, there wasn't any inflammation or anything unusual, just dry eye. I guess having chronic fatigue and working in front of a computer all day don't help either.

Old 04-22-2014, 08:35 AM

Unhappy My "symptoms" and other strange things that wake me up at night

For those who read my threads probably know that I've been suffering from sleep disorder for a LONG time. There are numerous "symptoms" that wake me up at night. I call them all "symptoms" because I have no better way to classify them. The list is growing and I begin to lose track. So I've decided to start this thread as a way to keep track.

The "symptoms" so far are:

1) Muscle twitches in the form of localized and focused pulsations

2) Involuntary jerking of arms, legs, neck or shoulder (not all at once)

3) Eye pain that feels like either pricking, rubbing or poking

4) Popping noise in or on ears, sometimes on head

5) Sleep apnea-liked suffocation with open jaw

6) Concussion-liked pain on head

This one is NEW to me. It just happened last night:

7) A strong force hit my stomach and it repeated itself for about 15 to 20 times(?). It was kind of like hiccups but much stronger and felt very unnatural. It felt like it was induced by an external force rather than from within my body like the natural ones do. It didn't feel like real hiccups at all and it gave me stomach ache afterward.

Just LOOK at the list. Can any other human being suffer a more bizarre and brutal illness as I do? It's been ten years!!!

Anyway, I'll update the list when it gets stranger.

Old 04-22-2014, 12:51 PM

7,059 posts, read 12,565,197 times
Have you considered whether aliens might be performing medical experiments on you while you (attempt to) sleep?

Old 04-22-2014, 12:52 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,298,759 times
I think you need to see a psychologist.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:00 PM

6,757 posts, read 8,240,655 times
First thing, you should see your doctor. It sounds like you need a sleep study. The muscle twitches and spasms could be neurological, or could be mineral deficiency.

The stomach spasms were probably muscle spasms of your abdominal wall. It is similar to hiccups, but hiccups are spasms of the diaphragm.

Old 04-22-2014, 01:08 PM

1,107 posts, read 2,269,767 times
you need a sleep study. go see your doctor and ask for one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness