Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2014, 06:06 PM

2,334 posts, read 2,647,940 times

Advertisements

I don't trust or like the "system" of health care or Western medicine and doctors, either. But you asked if you should see one, which makes me feel like you have an instinct that you should see one, so I'd go with that instinct -- and choose a college (free) physician or naturopath as others have suggested. If they do find something, then you can move forward. If not, your mind will be clear.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2014, 08:18 PM

13,721 posts, read 19,258,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBOShock View Post
Am I not a bit too young for that kind of thing?
Nooooo. Didn't you have yearly physicals by a pediatrician growing up?

Old 07-10-2014, 09:59 PM

25,574 posts, read 17,286,360 times
Quote:
No but I believe there must be natural ways to solve that.
There is.

St John's Wort. Take 300 mg in the morning and again at night. You will be amazed at the difference. Walgreens. Walmart. No doctor.
St. John's wort: MedlinePlus Supplements

Old 07-11-2014, 03:51 AM

13,754 posts, read 13,322,930 times
You need to fill all the squares with exercise, nutrition and sleep. You're in a demanding and probably stressful situation and you have to take the best care of yourself.

One idea is to donate plasma. They will do a pretty good analysis - iron levels, etc. During my short stint as a college student I donated plasma and became very aware of my nutrition because of that.

Even asking the question probably means you should at least have a complete physical. If there's anything wrong it would help to catch it sooner. Plus it could give you peace of mind. You can go online and look at reviews for doctors.

Old 07-11-2014, 04:31 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
Your symptoms could be a warning of a bigger problem, i'd go see a doctor just to make sure.
Could be nothing more than a dietary deficiency during a stressful time.

Old 07-11-2014, 05:34 AM

11,369 posts, read 9,284,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
There is.

St John's Wort. Take 300 mg in the morning and again at night. You will be amazed at the difference. Walgreens. Walmart. No doctor.
St. John's wort: MedlinePlus Supplements
I opened the link.

Snake oil anyone?

They even admit: "likely" "insufficient evidence" "possibly" and on and on...

Old 07-11-2014, 06:03 AM

3,766 posts, read 4,104,726 times
So you came here for advice thinking that there are better ways to tackle your health than go to a doctor. I am not advising against a medical checkup, but exercise and nutrition are the two things you can do to improve your health without seeing a doctor. Are you exercising regularly? I don't mean a gym membership with a regular weightlifting routine, but just any kind of exercise? I had problems getting enough exercise when I was in school and working. A two or three mile walk and/or bicycle ride every day would help tremendously. What do you eat, fast food? Start eating a lot of fruit and vegetables, with a little protein. Stay away from fried foods and sugary foods. Get a book on nutrition and start to eat healthier. Don't go on a fad diet to lose weight or gain weight, but learn to choose healthier foods so you will feel better. It worked for me; don't knock it until you try it.

Old 07-11-2014, 06:23 AM

9,290 posts, read 14,905,031 times
Your symptoms do just sound like stress. The more you stress (especially thinking that something MIGHT be wrong and being afraid to see a dr) will cause more stress. You need to chill, meditate, take a little time off and see if you don't feel better. Re-evaluate that tight schedule! Even young healthy people can't operate forever under high stress.

Old 07-11-2014, 07:12 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,383,279 times
Sounded to me like typical CFS, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, usually
gotten by over acheivers like students and workaholics that also
neglect good nutrition and it catches up with them.
Good vitamins and whole foods are a must, minerals, enough water...the basics.,
to start and rest..for now....exercise later....recuperate for a while, imo.

I wasted so much time and money on tests from a doctor.
It's always nice to know what your blood is like, I must admit.

I could tell you to try a couple things and see if you feel worse?
When you're not feeling "so" bad....try drinking coffee....or have one beer.
Wait and see how you feel in, say, 5-30 minutes.
Then tell us.

I could also say....eat a tablespon of peanut butter,make yourself some homefries,
Have some blue cheese or feta, eat some tofu...oh, ha, drink some
Orange juice from a carton, not fresh squeezed....may sound wacky...but
Try some of the above..[i]..focus on one point on the wall ...see if the room spins.[/]

Again, get back to us. Certified nutritionists/Naturopaths would also be my choice.
If you have a reaction to the above tests...I can advise you a bit.

Btw, when I was having some weird brain chemistry depression out of nowhere!!!
(Bec I am a majorly happy person with no problems) I took St. John's Wort
and 21 says later....I woke up like a NEW person...I mean I was my old creative self...
Enthusiastic about life and had my old energy back.
I am not saying take it, tho.

Aches, btw, are so commom to CFS...and ALL your symptoms...I would be interested to hear if
sometimes, tho, you feel pretty good for an hour.
Being irritable with someone when you are feeling as you are is majorly common.
You are "off", it is to be expected.

PM me if I miss this thread for awhile.
Good luck,

Old 07-11-2014, 07:27 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,521 times
Quote:
Yes, I'm a student. Why mental health? I'm not crazy.

Are you kidding me? Mental Health doesn't mean one is crazy. I hate that mindset. I hate the stigma surrounding mental health. That's one of the reasons why people refrain from seeking help. They don't want to be labeled crazy. I have PTSD and I see a psychologist. I am more same that a lot of people I know.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness