Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2015, 08:03 AM

21,435 posts, read 12,558,787 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatwomanofV View Post
The thing is there is not much research going into treatment for menopause. When it comes to women's health, it seems like it is on the short end of the stick and menopause is on the very bottom of that list. Maybe someone, someday will invest in research for our daughters & grand-daughters when they reach this age.

Cat
The other thing is that, at least in my world, women don't talk about this; they'll post on Facebook what they ate for lunch or even the details of what they ate for lunch going bad (TMI), but no one ever admits to having a hot flash or asks what others do about it? With the help of hair color and plastic surgery, guess we're all "eternally youthful" today, LOL...
Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2015, 11:32 AM

5,836 posts, read 5,221,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
The other thing is that, at least in my world, women don't talk about this; they'll post on Facebook what they ate for lunch or even the details of what they ate for lunch going bad (TMI), but no one ever admits to having a hot flash or asks what others do about it? With the help of hair color and plastic surgery, guess we're all "eternally youthful" today, LOL...

I agree. Of course, I'm sure everyone around me is so tired of me saying, "D@mn hot flash" every few hours or so.

To talk about women's issues is still taboo. But as long as you look pretty, who cares.

Cat

Old 06-18-2015, 01:10 PM

Okay, so... Maybe I'm crazy or imagining it, but I think I've had fewer hot flashes in the past 24 hours on 80 mg. soy isoflavone per day. Fingers crossed!

Old 06-19-2015, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Okay, so... Maybe I'm crazy or imagining it, but I think I've had fewer hot flashes in the past 24 hours on 80 mg. soy isoflavone per day. Fingers crossed!

You convinced me. I just ordered some via Amazon. I figured I have tried just about everything else. Why not?

Cat

Old 06-21-2015, 07:21 AM

Quote:
You convinced me. I just ordered some via Amazon. I figured I have tried just about everything else. Why not?

Cat
I'm definitely having fewer, but still having them, so I'm upping the dose from 80 to 120. Again, I have no guidance on this! They say it takes 8-12 weeks to work, but I can't wait, LOL.

Old 06-21-2015, 10:43 AM

Quote:
I'm definitely having fewer, but still having them, so I'm upping the dose from 80 to 120. Again, I have no guidance on this! They say it takes 8-12 weeks to work, but I can't wait, LOL.

How are the other symptoms-the mood swings, the weight gain, etc. etc.?

Cat

Old 06-22-2015, 08:10 AM

Quote:
How are the other symptoms-the mood swings, the weight gain, etc. etc.?

Cat
I haven't actually weighed myself yet, but would swear I've lost a little. No other symptoms. Again, I'm still having them, but maybe six or eight a day down from what I would've sworn was every hour on the hour. Stay tuned.

Old 06-23-2015, 12:28 PM

31 posts, read 30,271 times
I have been suffering from hot flashes/night sweats for about 2 years now due to premenopause. I tried many things which did not work and I am too scared to try antidepressents. Few months ago, based on glowing reviews, I bought OCT pregestrone cream from Amazon. I was reluctant to use it because it is a hormone and I don't want to mess up my body. But after getting 15-20 night sweats a night and not getting any sleep night after night, I decided to give it a try. I started 3 weeks ago and I am feeling so good. It stopped my hot flashes/night sweats from the first day of use. I sleep like a baby, wake up all rested, my moods are better, even my skin looks better. I haven't felt this good since this whole thing started. I am still little afraid because I read it can accumulate in your body and cause some problems but I am so reluctant to stop. Only side effect I had was some weird dreams I get. I did lower the dosage, so I am only using half the recommended dosage. It may not be for everyone but I just wanted to put it out there.

Old 06-23-2015, 01:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrShadow View Post
I have been suffering from hot flashes/night sweats for about 2 years now due to premenopause. I tried many things which did not work and I am too scared to try antidepressents. Few months ago, based on glowing reviews, I bought OCT pregestrone cream from Amazon. I was reluctant to use it because it is a hormone and I don't want to mess up my body. But after getting 15-20 night sweats a night and not getting any sleep night after night, I decided to give it a try. I started 3 weeks ago and I am feeling so good. It stopped my hot flashes/night sweats from the first day of use. I sleep like a baby, wake up all rested, my moods are better, even my skin looks better. I haven't felt this good since this whole thing started. I am still little afraid because I read it can accumulate in your body and cause some problems but I am so reluctant to stop. Only side effect I had was some weird dreams I get. I did lower the dosage, so I am only using half the recommended dosage. It may not be for everyone but I just wanted to put it out there.
Do you have a name or link? Wonder what the potential side effects are... It can't be very potent if it's OTC, but maybe it's just potent enough!

Old 06-23-2015, 01:18 PM

10,180 posts, read 6,225,190 times
Some advise for sleeping? Apart from fans, get rid of all your synthetic bedding. Use cotton sheets and pillows or covers made from cotton or down. Those synthetics do not breathe like the natural fibers and will make you hot and sweat more.

Back when I went through menopause I bought a buckwheat pillow. Oh, yeah, that stayed very nice and cool on my head. Do they still make those?

It's been about 20 years since I went through menopause, but since moving to South Florida I am ALWAYS HOT. Anything I can find to stay cool, I try it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness