Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2014, 10:33 AM

4,505 posts, read 6,479,590 times

Advertisements

The problem is that in the US, it's hard to eat anything that hasn't been processed with some form of sugar.

Old 07-22-2014, 10:36 AM

8,612 posts, read 10,755,919 times
I'm not susceptible but I am for the most part sugar free except for sugars found in whole foods.

Join up at low carb friends, there's tons of threads on Candida there.

Carbs and sugar are a nono for me. I tell people I'm diabetic and Celiac.

A good probiotic helps a lot of the sufferers.

Old 07-22-2014, 11:56 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,692,117 times
I have a similar problem, however, it tends to be related to yeast more than sugar.
Of course, the two are often intertwined so it may be hard to tell which is the culprit, but, like your friends, OP, chocolate itself doesn't do it, but, chocolate donuts definitely will.

Old 07-22-2014, 06:47 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,481,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by weltschmerz View Post
I don't usually consume a lot of sugar, as I don't have a sweet tooth.
However, I noticed that when I do increase my sugar intake, I'm far more susceptible to candida, up to and including thrush. I've been very busy lately and subsisting largely on birthday cake. It was my son's birthday and we have three birthday cakes in the house.
Now I'm paying for it.
I guess it's my body's way of telling me it's too damn much sugar.
Does this happen to anyone else?
Mod Note: Wrong forum, moving to Health & Wellness

Old 07-22-2014, 10:28 PM

5,644 posts, read 13,221,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffie View Post
Candida eats sugar and when you over-indulge, the candida throws a huge party. You can cut down on the candida in your system by (A) not eating any refined sugar, (B) seriously raising your intake of garlic, which kills candida, and (C) starting to take caprylic acid, which both kills candida and destroys sugar cravings.
The idea that people have Candida in "their system" or that Candida "eats sugar" or any of the other myriad Candida misconceptions being tossed around amount to nonsense...

Candida overgrowth which is being referenced in this thread is nonsense...a myth

We All Have Candida (And it's OK!) - US News

Dubious "Yeast Allergies"

Candida cleanse diet: What does it treat? - Mayo Clinic

Old 07-23-2014, 06:57 AM

10,746 posts, read 26,004,925 times
Quote:
I'll look into that. Thank you.
I don't really get sugar cravings, as I don't have sweet tooth, but right now I'm raising two pet candida colonies, in my mouth and under my breasts.
From cake!
It doesn't seem to happen when I eat fruit or carbs, only refined sugars.
What a pain.
And you've confirmed with this with your doctor or are you just self diagnosing?

I don't know of anyone who get's candida infections from eating sugar. I've seen plenty of large women, with large breasts, get candida infections in their rolls of fat...and it's not from the sugar...it's from the area being warm and moist (it's a breeding ground for infection) for hours on end.

Old 07-25-2014, 04:01 AM

6,418 posts, read 7,244,561 times
My doctor recommended washing without soap (or using ph-neutral soap) and taking daily probiotics as well as cutting down on sugar. Haven't cut down on sugar but the rest seems to be working.

Old 05-17-2015, 11:11 AM

1,236 posts, read 1,398,315 times
Quote:
I'll look into that. Thank you.
I don't really get sugar cravings, as I don't have sweet tooth, but right now I'm raising two pet candida colonies, in my mouth and under my breasts.
From cake!
It doesn't seem to happen when I eat fruit or carbs, only refined sugars.
What a pain.
Also Oil of Oregano, Pau d'arco tea, and black seed oil. Oil of Oregano will kill the Candida eggs as well though. This is key.

Old 05-17-2015, 11:30 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,363,451 times
To balance my system I always have bottles of green pills...haha...
My favorite company is Futurebiotics' Vital Green $17 for 375 tablets the size
of an aspirin..I take 4-5 a day and it keeps the candida down, plus 3-6 acidophulus
capsules of very high BILLIONS of active bacteria.

The thought of a lot of cake or anything with that much sugar gives
me a mental picture of gas on a flame.

We can handle a little candida...but can we handle the problems down the road if
we don't keep it in check or completely under control?

It's like too much salt..what's the big deal if we have low blood pressure...
well, it's leeching calcium from our bones...
we have to always see the BIG picture.

I want to be healthy in my elder years.

And yes to all this from above, of course:Also Oil of Oregano, Pau d'arco tea, and black seed oil. Oil of Oregano will kill the Candida eggs as well though. This is key.
And caprylic acid.

But how much oil of oregano? And any hints on how to take it? Because, ick!

Old 05-17-2015, 04:07 PM

13,250 posts, read 42,766,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No2Monsanto View Post
Also Oil of Oregano, Pau d'arco tea, and black seed oil. Oil of Oregano will kill the Candida eggs as well though. This is key.
This is key: There is no such thing as candida eggs. Candida is a fungus, not an animal. It doesn't lay eggs.

Also, the oil of oregano is applied topically to external yeast growth. It isn't supposed to be ingested. In addition, "black seed oil?" Really? Which black seed? Black pepper seeds are black. Poppy seeds are black. There are all kinds of black seeds. Maybe you should post all this nonsense in the alt-meds forum, where you can post about anything as long as no one can prove it actually works.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness