Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2014, 02:23 PM

607 posts, read 760,531 times

Advertisements

I suppose I can word this another way...

Do woman take better care of themselves then men?

I would say so.....

Here are some stats...

Obesity
Women - 36.4%
Men - 35.1%
Men win that one

Heavy Drinking(alcohol)
Women - 4.7%
Men - 5.3%
Women win that one

High Cholesterol
Women - 27.5%
Men - 27.9%
Women win this my a hair/nose(barely)

High Blood Pressure
Women - 29.3%
Men 30.6%
Women win again

Cigarette Smokers
Women - 15.9%
Men 20.6%
Wow..again, women win

lastly, exercise regularly
Women - 17.1%
Men - 24.6%

Women win 4-2, so they are evidentally healthier, or at least TRY to do so(habits)

A few observations of the above...

Few people smoke of either gender....
79.4% of men do NOT smoke
84.1% of women do NOT smoke
amazing and great deal....

-------------------------------------

Men are slightly less obese on average for several reasons..

they don't bear children, do most of the outside work in households, and have a far higher % of physical type jobs...also, simple matter of body fat distribution of the two sexes....

---------------------------------------

Men work out more than women......women may just not be able to get out as much, per child rearing, and the still majority load they bear per household chores, men can jog alone or work out alone, where women may be slightly more fearful of the same, or more in need of a partner to work out with, while men are better doing things solo(I see solo male bike riders all the time on my trail, but somewhat fewer female solos)......maybe working out is still seen as a guy thing, who knows...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Women have close to the same high blood pressure, not a good thing.....they suffer the same job stresses now, and deal with the same crap.....not much good news here...

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Per heavy alcohol consumption(alcoholics for all intents that are losing that battle - not on the wagon folks), about the same for both sexes at around 5% more or less.....pretty low % after all is said...you would thing that higher, a good thing......means about 95% of adults not off the wagon alcoholics...I still think people drink way to much alcohol in the USA, especially under 30.....though this is still a great number.....years ago there were far far far more heavy drinkers, especially guys....and especially guys after work at mill/construction/factory type jobs....you dont see that anymore, same as you dont see those jobs(totally related).......I still miss those old man bars and those characters(grew up in the 60's when those corner joints were in full flower).....they died young, but had a good time and ate/drank what they wanted, for what it was worth..

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyone have any comments on these "Battle of the Sexes" health stats?
(Pic absolutely public domain, no need to delete..lol..they were pretty hot for the 1920's I would say, BTW)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2014, 04:10 AM

12 posts, read 23,193 times
I think the healthy depands on personnal daily living habits.

Old 07-30-2014, 11:25 AM

607 posts, read 760,531 times
right...and prob hard to separate the two sexes.....such a broad category..interesting to try, nevertheless...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness