Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2014, 03:36 PM

48 posts, read 86,658 times

Advertisements

I am male

symptoms: this happened in few weeks span.
--------------------------------------------
I was having throat pain and no sign of cough or cold
jaw pain going to ears. ears ringing.
head spinning slightly at few times. feel like someone pulling one hair or touching hair
some head pains (not regular headache)
feels like a lump when swallowing or drinking water.
feels like choked some times but can breathe fine.
feel like feverish but no fever.

My PCP found a thyroid nodule in ultrasound test. TSH and free T4 tests are normal.

He recommended going to ENT evaluation.

Should I go to ENT or directly go to Endocrinologist?

I really appreciate your help.

Also need some guidance on what tests to take and process involved.

I googled about this and really worried I think its growing fast.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2014, 04:32 PM

15,143 posts, read 27,781,251 times
Nodules are EXTREMELY common - don't be stressing - that's your first step. Is there a reason why you aren't willing to follow your Drs. advice? It might come to a recommendation to have a FNR (it's a little, tiny needle to extract some cells from your nodule - and contrary to some horror reports you might see, it's NO BIG DEAL). Google isn't always your friend!

Old 08-19-2014, 06:22 PM

3,021 posts, read 5,851,625 times
My doc felt a thyroid nodule, sent me for scans & then sent me to an endocronologist.

The endo said it wasn't a nodule, just my thyroid was a little bumpy. The endo did a real-time scan herself, rather than just looking at stills of the scan done by a technician. Endo assured me that it was nothing.

I would think that an endocronologist would be the next doc to see, but if your doc suggested an ENT than why not follow his instructions?

Definitely follow up on the nodule, it may be nothing, although I wouldn't ignore the situation either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness