U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 07:39 AM

10,853 posts, read 18,821,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikki81268 View Post
I've had something kind of similar?? & it comes and goes.....I can go weeks or sometimes months but this time its stayed for over a month and has been going on for years.
The only way I can describe it is I feel like my buttocks and upper thighs are in a straight jacket!!!
Not painful, just soooo uncomfortable I can't stand it ...I work from home & stand up when I'm working on my computer cuz I can't sit all day
.I can barely drive the car or go see a movie because I have to sit! I sleep on my stomach. If I do squats or excersize the glutes I feel better temporarily. Ive resorted to punching my butt because that helps for a few minutes. I know it sounds so weird.....HELP.......I hope someone in the world knows what I am talking about

btw: I'm a 47 yr old female with adhd and just weened off Effexor (I read that it could cause something like this),that I have been on for 17 yrs and I am feeling better already although its only been a handful of days since I took my last dose.
Get an exercise ball to sit on at your desk, that will help more than you would think it would.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2018, 12:29 PM

1 posts, read 344 times
Default Any answers?

Nikki I have been dealing with the same wierd sensation for months now. It started after a really wierd bought of weight loss. I lost 26 pounds in 3 months doing absolutly nothing. I was on Enbrel so was wondering if that caused a muscle loss and these are a constant spasm. I had a tail bone injection and that did nothing. I am getting both piriformis muscles injected st the way end of the month to try and stop this. It is exhausting me and I cannot concentrate at work or home really wreaking havoc on my life. My opioids for pain seem to help it but not for long and it never goes away. I am thinking it's a pinched nerve in low back as I get a lot of low back tension with it sometimes., laying down is the only thing that allows it to relax but I can't lay down all day please someone if you have answers let us know

Old 05-18-2018, 01:33 AM

2,112 posts, read 780,292 times
I have something similar to what the OP describes, so let's see if it's the same thing. I concluded that it is a muscle cramp in the sphincter muscle, and sure enough, it responded to treatment. If the OP also has frequent leg or foot cramps, this might be the ticket.

When I get a foot or leg cramp, I pinch my upper lip laterally between my thumb and index finger knuckle, as hard as I can, pulling down on the lip. I'm told that the upper lip is the acupuncture point for leg cramps. It works for me, fairly reliably, if I catch the cramp quickly enough.

So I wondered if my butt discomfort was a muscle cramp, and when I get it, I sit up straight in a chair, cross one leg (lady style) over the other, and pinch and pull down on my upper lip. Ta-dah. It takes several minutes of steady pinching.

Old 05-19-2018, 10:25 AM

15,093 posts, read 15,156,430 times
Sounds like a nerve.

Old 05-21-2018, 08:50 PM

4,507 posts, read 6,718,809 times
Hip arthritis can cause butt pain, itís a very common symptom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness