U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2010, 05:55 PM

1 posts, read 4,314 times

Advertisements

My friend just bought me some very heavy white square dishes made in china. Do they contain lead? They are dishwasher and microwave safe, it says on bottom.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2010, 09:55 AM

1 posts, read 4,300 times
How does one determine the lead content amount found in ceramic mugs made in China? If it is too toxic to use? By what standard does the US govenment measure this?

Old 01-02-2012, 06:13 PM

17,486 posts, read 20,916,643 times
I am so glad there is a thread on this. I WILL NOT BUY ANYTHING FROM CHINA. I recently asked for a cookware set for Christmas (Rachel Ray) not thinking about it myself, my husband said if it's made in China I am not buying it for you. We looked online at Williams & Sonoma and found a 15 piece calphalon cookware set made in the USA. That's what I got for Christmas this year. I returned a few knives that I got for Christmas that my sister in law bought me (also by rachel ray)made in China. I decided I would get something else, try finding made in the USA products in Bed, Bath and beyond is impossible!!! I finally found a cutting board, and a plastic container for cereal made in the USA. I liked Oxo Good Grips but it's made in China so that was out. We got rid of our old flatware that my parents had bought us from HSN (made in China) and we went online and found made in the USA flatware. It is service for 12 and we paid over $250.00 but it was well worth it. Most of the stuff I will not buy made in China is cookware, flatware or anything that involves food and my husband won't buy tools made in China. I recently checked my cabinets and my dishes are made in China but I got those 8 years ago and was not as concerned about stuff made in China. I found a dinnerware set at Williams Sonoma made in Italy and hand painted in Sicily and another made in france so that might be an option. Toys made in china too I won't buy but that's kind of hard not to find toys that aren't made there. people look at you strange when you ask them if their product is made in china. Rubbermaid products are also made in the USA. I say keep the money here where it belongs and Buy only USA products if you can. I asked for new cookie sheets for Christmas and told my mother in law don't buy it if it's made in China. She was like "why". Anyway she did find a cookie sheet made by Analon (USA made) Also I find stuff made in China to be cheap quality and usually cheap priced, especially those gimmiks advertized on TV. I have those Miriacle blade knife sets (Made in China) I plan to get rid of those and buy the J.A. Henckels knife set (german made) It may cost more but I'd rather not give China my money. Ok I am done ranting.

Old 05-05-2014, 05:55 AM

1 posts, read 2,955 times
When I got married the first time my mom bought me dishes in the Tea Rose pattern and they were made in the USA. When I got married a second time, my new husband wanted to change patterns and they were made in China and not the same quality as they were when they were made in the US. They only lasted 6 months and they started to chip and crack. The glaze is coming off. I really wish they would go back to being made in the US.

Old 05-05-2014, 11:12 PM

2,279 posts, read 3,923,178 times
This is why I love my Fiestaware. Made in the U.S.A. and lead-free. (They're also really pretty and have such fun, bright colors, which is a plus, too.)

I even bought extra Fiesta bowls and use them for my cats' food and water.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:32 PM

16,440 posts, read 16,539,969 times
I usually eat straight outta the frying pan.....I'm good.

I have a crockpot with a white pot........made in China, guess that is probably toxic?

Old 06-15-2019, 03:16 PM

2 posts, read 189 times
Is it lead when you see spider like cracks in ceramic mugs?

Old 06-15-2019, 03:17 PM

2 posts, read 189 times
I believe that dishes from China most likely have lead in them.

Old 06-15-2019, 05:46 PM

7,086 posts, read 2,899,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dzion144 View Post
Is it lead when you see spider like cracks in ceramic mugs?
Probably due to the glaze and the ceramic underneath it repeatedly contracting and expanding at slightly different rates, not lead content.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or