Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2014, 07:39 PM

19,201 posts, read 16,679,971 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by trista253 View Post
hello, I had my gallbladder removed a month ago and I have pain on my upper right side and now pain on my upper left side then it sometimes god to a sharp pain to my belly button I have had bad bad gas and shoulder pain on both sides ... it feels like something weried where my gallbladder was I just want it to stop!! should I go back to the er ??? help please
Not sure what's going on right now but never let someone on the net tell you NOT to go to the doctor. If you are in pain and don't know what's going on, please seek medical help. Please don't trust your life with strangers on a message board. If you are in pain, see a doctor. It could be something very serious. Hoping it isn't but better safe than sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2014, 10:33 PM

1 posts, read 6,391 times
I had my gallbladder out 9 months ago. Since then I have bouts of extreme pain across my ribs that knocks my breath out. I also get nauseated when this happens. What do you think this is?

Old 03-17-2014, 08:52 AM

3,963 posts, read 10,629,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
Of course its not normal... I had it done with no complications at all.. something has been left behind and should be removed, as I know the pain is unbearable...take pain killers as soon as you feel it coming on as this can help , the first time I had symptoms I thought it was a heart attack and was slumped over the back of the settee to try and help the pain.. and couldnt walk or talk... get it seen to.
Telling someone who may have SOD to take painkillers is dismissive at best and dangerous at worst. The majority of pain meds can trigger attacks in SOD patients.

In other words, if you don't know what you're talking about, don't post advice.

Old 05-25-2014, 10:58 PM

1 posts, read 6,064 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kristen Barky View Post
I had my gull bladder taken out in october of 2009, and ever since I've had this pain in my upper abdomen. It's a sharp stabbing tearing pain but at the same time dull and achy it shoots into my back and hurts soo bad! It comes on suddenly and only lasts for a few minutes tops. I've been to 1000 doctors but no one has a answer they always try to blame it on acid reflx but I know it's not! It almost feels like my gull bladder all over again, It's almost worse than when I had my gallbladder in!! Someone please help me If you can relate to my situation or if you know what this horrible pain is!
I can relate! Finally, to find someone that can describe the exact problem that I have been having for the last 3 years since I've had my gallbladder removal! It's exactly as you described! There is no real cause to my pains I have figured out. They come and go as they please and last up to about 15- 20 minutes per each episode. It's a god awful pain though. Every Dr I have seen for the problem suggests that it is just acid reflux or GERD yet after trying all of the medications to treat those complications they never helped! The pain is way worse then when I had my gallbladder and is right where my gallbladder used to be. It starts there and wraps around my right side and up and down the middle of my spine. Nothing helps the pain. I just have to let it pass. One of the last episodes I had I ended up going to the hospital because the pain was so unbearable. They had me take an anti- spasm medication called Bentyl and it took the pain away in just a few minutes and I have been taking it ever since but only when I sense and episode coming on but I still want to figure out what is causing the terrible pain and not have to take a medication for the rest of my life if at all possible. You might want to look into Bentyl or the generic of Bentyl (Dicyclomine). Hope that helps!

Old 05-27-2014, 01:16 PM

1 posts, read 6,069 times
After reading these posts, I guess I can say "I'm 'normal' post gall bladder removal" surgery. YUK! Recently my doctor (not the one who did my surgery in 1999) discovered I have a "post surgical rupture"-----my surgery was in 1999 and not done laproscopically! I guess surgery is in my future to treat that!!! I am torturing myself personally because I really haven't changed my diet much since my surgery in 1999! Changes will be forthcoming and I look forward to feeling better soon.

Old 06-29-2014, 07:33 PM

2 posts, read 8,151 times
I have went through same issues for 4 yrs. I have pancreatitis. Gallbadder removal did not cure it and caused more issues that seem to mirror posts here. I am taking care of myself now because the Dr. has had 0 answers. Here are a few things I've learned. 1. Acid reducers along with Nsaids cause over growth of the C-difficle bacteria. This can be life threatening. Diareaha severe pain. Sometimes diareaha not present, because Opiates stop this from occuring, sadly this is part of the citeria for diagnosis. So please have your Dr. test for this if you keep having attacks. I didn't know until I read the information pamphlet that the pharmacist gives you with the acid reducer priscription. 2. Baking soda, just about a teaspoon in a about 1/2 cup water will give instant relief!! 3.In my case pepper, will bring on extreme attack. As well as, tomatoes, pork and anything processed. 4. Now that you do not have an Gallbladder your absorption of vitamins has been compromised and you are not getting vital nutrients that your body needs to perform digestion. I take a liquid vitamin made from sea vegetables called Liquid Health. Also, Milk Thistle for proper function of liver because it has to work harder to secrete bile because you do not have gallbladder. It is unable to secrete alot, so eat small meals several times a day. Clean food, lots of water, and plenty of rest. Try not to drink alchohol!! causes more strain on liver and feeds bacterias. Yogurt, vegetables well cooked, clean meats, Stay away from processed foods. It is boring and it does make me super angry sometimes that I'm left with such few choices. But I am seeing improvement, quality of life has been greatly improved. I really hope this helps some of you.

Last edited by trippy220039252mm; 06-29-2014 at 07:52 PM..

Old 07-08-2014, 09:12 AM

1 posts, read 5,886 times
I got my galbladder since dec last year a few weeks later I had the same but worse.....it has now been 8months and I really dont know wat to do anymore I am only 20 years old and have ongoing pain I cant figure out exactly wat triggers it but wen it starts I can't do anything but ball up nd cry... ive always had nausia with it but today for the first time since I was first diagnosed I threw up . I felt like a had to pee for 5 hours nd it will not come out I know its not a uti bcuz I iust got checcked for that a few days ago.... somebody please help me ny 2 year little girl shouldn't have to see me this way

Old 07-11-2014, 01:29 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,683,221 times
I have similar pain but I still have my gallbladder so have no idea whether it is GB disease or something else. many moons ago, I had something similar and twice had xrays, etc. both times doctors thought it was gallbladder related: nada, so when I go for my semi annual check up next week I will ask the doctor what she thinks. I am not particularly worried but don't like the discomfort.

Old 07-16-2014, 08:17 AM

2,465 posts, read 2,760,712 times
Apparently, 10-40% of people who've had their gallbladder removed, continue to have similar or same symptoms that led them to having surgery in the first place.

It's called Post Cholecystectomy Syndrome (PCS).

This is a must read:*MedFriendly.com: Post-cholecystectomy syndrome

Old 08-13-2014, 09:28 PM

1 posts, read 5,712 times
I had the very same problem starting about 2 weeks after I had my gallbladder removed. It took 2 years for a Dr to tell me I have IBS and I take dicyclomine for the IBS and have had fewer problems. Pain meds trigger the exscrutiating pain. I hope this helps you. The first time I experienced this I thought I was having a heart attack and it was the worse pain ever. Talk to your Dr about IBS and see if that helps. Good luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness