U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2018, 01:53 PM

21,579 posts, read 26,233,109 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bikerrn1998 View Post
I had my gallbladder removed just over 4weeks ago. It was I infected, and so swollen, that it was attached to my pancreas and liver. The surgeon removed all of the gallstones, but was unable to remove all of my gallbladder. What little bit of my gallbladder he left, he removed the gallstones and sutured it shut. He did this due to avoid removing the remainder of the gallbladder, as this would be a risk as well as damage to my pancreas and liver. My Doctor informed my judo that this was an extremely difficult and lengthy procedure. I have been healing well up until about 3 days ago, when I began experiencing sharp stabbing pains in and around my surgical site. Iím also exhausted easily. Iím due to go back to work without restrictions and I donít feel as if Iím ready. Iím thinking of making an appointment with my surgeon. Any suggestions?
Yes, do see your surgeon.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2018, 09:06 PM

1 posts, read 115 times
I had my gallbladder removed 3 1/2 weeks ago . I have awful pain when I sit up, bend to the side or forward. The pain is so bad it makes me scream out. It has nothing to do with what I eat. I can’t sleep on either side. I had a ct and it showed nothing . I am so frustrated my surgeon just gave me muscle relaxers and it does nothing for the pain just makes me sleepy. Has anyone else had pain like this. I can only lay back in my recliner. Help I want to stop hurting.

Old 10-24-2018, 05:03 PM

1 posts, read 58 times
I had my gallbladder removed yesterday morning and now I'm having a very sharp pain on the left side of my stomach. Very debilitating.

Old 10-30-2018, 10:15 AM

1 posts, read 28 times
I dont know if this will help anybody else having upper stomach and back problems after a gallbladder removal surgery. But when I had mine taken out in 2010...Even 2 weeks after surgery i still had this pain in my upper mid section and sometimes pain in my back. So I lived with the pain for about 3 months until i finally saw a doctor. She suggested to me that it could have been acid reflux. Since i didnt have my gallbladder anymore to help digest fats or something like that. So she put me on omeprazole for about a month and about a week later after taking the medication I felt normal. No more pain.

Old Today, 12:17 PM

1 posts
I had my gallbladder removed 2 weeks ago and I am still having severe pain in my right ribcage area and wraps around to my back. It feels like I have a broken rib. Hurts so bad and I cant stop worrying something went wrong after the surgery. It's worse than the lain I had before the surgery. I ice it and laying down helps temporarily but when up and moving or even while trying to sleep it is hurting so bad. I saw my dr about 4 days ago for my post OP check and he acted like this is normal , but everyone else I talked to was fine within 2 weeks after surgery. Any advice?

Old Today, 12:39 PM

1,708 posts, read 643,696 times
^^^ Not unusual for pain to persist for a couple weeks after surgery, but it should be getting better day by day. Was it done at a teaching hospital and you had an extra student or resident observing and leaning on you with a sharp elbow? A retractor could break a rib (Remember Cosmo Kramer was worried about this after seeing that 60 Minutes episode.)

You can still make stones after surgery, or an old, little stone was left behind and causing pain directly or indirectly by causing pancreatitis.

Severe pain along a rib also brings to mind Shingles, brought out by the stress of illness. An easy diagnosis once you break out in the rash, but often missed when you get an abortive case with no rash.

Of course, when you here hoof beats coming down the road in Wyoming, it's probably a horse and not a zebra. If this was "old fashioned" surgery (not laparoscopic), plenty of people are still sore after two weeks. Check with your doc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness