Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-02-2008, 02:01 PM

2 posts, read 94,631 times

Advertisements

has Anyone Ever Had There Gallbladder Removed And Than End Up In Worse Pain Than Before You Had It Removed?? Well Since Mine Has Been Removed Back In October 2007 I Have Had Nothing But Severe Upper Abdominal Pain. It Will Start In Between My Ribcages And Radiate Right Through To My Back. The Doctors Can Not Figure Out What This Pain Could Be. They Have Done Blood Work And A Endoscopy But Every Thing Has Come Back Negative. Has Anyone Experience This And If So How Long Does The Pain Continue For?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2008, 02:44 PM

5,652 posts, read 19,347,608 times
I know I had severe pain directly after the surgery, because of that air/gas bubble. But I have had no pain since. Could it be liver related? Have them do liver tests?

Old 01-02-2008, 03:15 PM

4,729 posts, read 19,425,454 times
Not to scare you, but you may have a clot. www.preventdvt.org. Get a scan on your chest done as soon as possible. They happen after surgery and my fiance had them recently after sinus surgery.

Old 01-02-2008, 03:42 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,368,485 times
My wife had the same problem. Hers ended up being endometriosis that had spread to her upper abdominal area, which the pain radiates to her back too. She is going on the Lupron (sp?) shot sometime this month, which doctors say will cure her pain. She had her gallbladder and uterus removed quite unnecessarily, something Im quite upset about.

Old 01-02-2008, 06:29 PM

1,016 posts, read 4,541,816 times
I started having gall bladder attacks while I was pregnant with my son. (I didn't know they were gallbladder attacks until after he was born, I thought it was pregnancy related.) After he was born and I kept having the attacks, I finally went to the emergency room and discovered I had gall stones and pancreatitis from the gall stones entering my pancreas. It was pretty serious and I had to have my gall bladder out immediately. I feel much better since I had my gall bladder out and haven't had any symptoms like what you are describing. I would definately get a second opinion.

Last edited by sbd78; 01-02-2008 at 07:50 PM..

Old 01-02-2008, 08:01 PM

1,230 posts, read 3,175,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JENN039 View Post
has Anyone Ever Had There Gallbladder Removed And Than End Up In Worse Pain Than Before You Had It Removed?? Well Since Mine Has Been Removed Back In October 2007 I Have Had Nothing But Severe Upper Abdominal Pain. It Will Start In Between My Ribcages And Radiate Right Through To My Back. The Doctors Can Not Figure Out What This Pain Could Be. They Have Done Blood Work And A Endoscopy But Every Thing Has Come Back Negative. Has Anyone Experience This And If So How Long Does The Pain Continue For?
Not to scare you but I too had my gall bladder out when I was 16, well at 25 I started getting horrible pains in my stomach in the same area you are saying you pain is, (I started getting occasional pain right after my gall bladder was removed but it didn't get severe until I was 25). Well my pain happened to be a stomach tumor. I'm not saying that is what you have by any means but you should get checked.

Old 01-02-2008, 09:11 PM

791 posts, read 2,958,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JENN039 View Post
I myself had my gallbladder removed about 4 years ago and thought that we be the end to all my stomach problems, but I like you have had SEVERE upper abdominal pain with the pain radiating to my back. For me the pain didn't come until about a year afterward so it could not be related but I sure described it the same way you did, I don't remember that feeling at all. Mine only comes on about every 2 months or and cannot think of anything that I could be eating to cause this. One time I had to go to the ER I really thought something bad was happening but they found nothing at all. So I have given up I figure if something really bad happens off to the the ER I will go.I hope your pain is just from healing, good luck

Old 01-03-2008, 01:20 AM

16,488 posts, read 24,475,810 times
If you have not already had an xray, I'd get one and make sure the doctor didn't leave something in you behind during the surgery. Another possibility would be adheasions from the scarring after healing.

Old 01-03-2008, 06:43 AM

436 posts, read 809,569 times
Have you been checked for retained stones in the common bile duct?

Old 01-03-2008, 08:43 AM

1 posts, read 90,891 times
I am experiencing the same problem. I had my gallbladder removed the end of October 2007. Ever since, I have severe sharp pain in the center of my upper abdomen area. The pain intenses so much it moves to my back and has since started shooting down my arms. I occassionally have nausea before and after eating. I have had blood work done and everything comes back negative. They keep putting me on acid reflux medication, but this is NOT it. They told me this 2 months before my gallbladder was removed and now they're still telling me acid reflux, it's not that ! It is becoming a problem, sometimes i worry about leaving the house, the pain puts me in a state i can hardly move or talk. By Feb my doctors want to start tests but I think they should start now, this pain is too much. Hopefully this will all work out for the best. Everyone going through this you're in my thoughts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness