Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 01:39 PM

1,703 posts, read 3,870,423 times

Advertisements

While it is great to have this place to ask questions, I would call my doctor ASAP. I still experience some pain when I eat the wrong things, but the type of pain you are describing is NOT normal. Call your doctor NOW.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-26-2008, 08:07 PM

1 posts, read 20,920 times
I had my gallbladder out in May 2006 and I have severe upper stomach pain that radiates to my back. Have had all tests done and nothing can be found. Found your post interesting that someone else is having the same problem. Have you found any more information out. Good luck to you.

Old 03-03-2008, 04:04 PM

1 posts, read 20,895 times
I also had gall bladder surgery in October 07 and have had lots of pain in the rib cage and radiating to my back. I also have severe indigestion. I also have had many test done and they come back negative. They have put me on acid reflux medicine but it does not help much. I was better off before the surgery. Hope we can all find some answers.

Old 03-04-2008, 08:58 PM

791 posts, read 2,958,705 times
Do any of you that have had your gallbladder removed feel that you now have just as many stomach issues if not more than before your surgery? Not necessarily all pain but just issues?
I feel like I have some kind of food intolerance but I am having trouble figuring it out, basically after several meals each week I am totally bloated, nauseated, fast heart beat, lethargic, and just overall upset stomach feeling :-(
And if I hear one more Dr. talk about IBS I think I am going to really be sick, LOL
It's such a catch all junk diagnosis, they might as well say, "Hey we have no idea what's wrong with you so will just give you a title go go home with" OH PLEASE!

Old 03-05-2008, 05:39 PM

23,865 posts, read 33,545,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JENN039 View Post
has Anyone Ever Had There Gallbladder Removed And Than End Up In Worse Pain Than Before You Had It Removed?? Well Since Mine Has Been Removed Back In October 2007 I Have Had Nothing But Severe Upper Abdominal Pain. It Will Start In Between My Ribcages And Radiate Right Through To My Back. The Doctors Can Not Figure Out What This Pain Could Be. They Have Done Blood Work And A Endoscopy But Every Thing Has Come Back Negative. Has Anyone Experience This And If So How Long Does The Pain Continue For?

Please go find another doctor for a 2nd opinion and see if you can find a message board where others that have had this surgery are.

I was reading about Patrick Swayze, link is here

Look at the link I left for pacreatic cancer. I don't mean to scare you, but after reading it, I remembered this post from yesterday and wanted to come and give you the link just in case.

Is it possible it's coming from the pancreas? I'm not saying cancer but something may not be right with it. Here's a picture of where everything is located (http://www.fairview.org/healthlibrary/content/aha_pancreas_art.htm - broken link)

Last edited by Roselvr; 03-05-2008 at 06:52 PM..

Old 03-05-2008, 05:49 PM

713 posts, read 2,717,106 times
I think that it is very interesting about ppl having pain after gallbladder removal. I had mine removed during liver transplant surgery. All liver transplant patients do. I never had any pain with mine while I still had it or after removal.

Old 03-06-2008, 09:25 AM

33,532 posts, read 37,132,711 times
The pain most of you are describing sounds an awful lot like a pancreas problem. I had minor pancreas attacks for the past two years. My doc told me it was acid reflux...NOT! In late September I had a major attack and was hospitalized for two weeks. I have since had my gall bladder removed, as it was gall stones that were triggering the pancreas problems, and have been pain free since. Other things can aggravate the pancreas including cancer....I wouldn't ignore it because you cannot survive without this organ.

Chronic pancreatitis

Old 03-06-2008, 10:14 AM

1,016 posts, read 4,542,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
The pain most of you are describing sounds an awful lot like a pancreas problem. I had minor pancreas attacks for the past two years. My doc told me it was acid reflux...NOT! In late September I had a major attack and was hospitalized for two weeks. I have since had my gall bladder removed, as it was gall stones that were triggering the pancreas problems, and have been pain free since. Other things can aggravate the pancreas including cancer....I wouldn't ignore it because you cannot survive without this organ.

Chronic pancreatitis
Yes, this is the same thing that happened to me. I had gall stones enter my pancreas causing me to have pancreatitis. Apparently it can be very serious.

Old 03-06-2008, 10:58 AM

791 posts, read 2,958,705 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post

Chronic pancreatitis
How long do the attacks last for? I had thought this could be a possibility of what I experienced. I had horrific pain that sent me to the ER in '06 but they did a cat scan thinking I had kidney stones but saw nothing, if it was my pancreas would they have seen it with the cat scan?
I read the article you posted and experienced many of the symptoms for about 5 to 6 hours and then it went away. I have only had this happen 3 times so I wonder if that matches pancreatitis?

Old 03-06-2008, 12:49 PM

23,865 posts, read 33,545,704 times
From the link posted -

How is pancreatitis diagnosed?

Chronic pancreatitis often causes no symptoms and may be discovered by accident during the course of investigation of symptoms not related to pancreatitis. For example, calcification in the pancreas may be seen on an X-ray of the abdomen performed for other reasons.

If your doctor suspects that you have chronic pancreatitis, then the first examination is likely to be an ultrasound scan of the abdomen. More detailed examinations include a CT scan of the abdomen, an MRI scan of the abdomen, ERCP and - very rarely - analysis of the composition of the juice secreted into the duodenum by the pancreas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness