U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2010, 08:53 AM

76 posts, read 232,589 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by photobuff42 View Post
What about allergies? I have been so tired the past few days, very sleepy, but it doesn't matter how much I sleep, I'm still tired. I think allergies are the culprit. I think for me, it's mold.
allergies could be the culprit, but so could an overworked liver, or eating too late, or a number of other reasons. if you think you have allergies, talk to your doctor about getting a blood test done. not the dermal skin prick test, but a blood test to test also for IgG reactions. everybody has food allergies, most are undiagnosed or unrecognized as such. if your doctor won't do the test, there are plenty of labs that will do it for you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2010, 07:48 PM

2 posts, read 3,704 times
i have a question my dr did a bllod test n i am very low on b12 normal levels r 211-900 n i am 249 could having low levels cause me to b hungry n want sweets? n no im not pregnant.so if anyone can help on my question thank you...

Old 03-25-2010, 05:40 AM

7 posts, read 18,491 times
Have them test you for vitamin D deficiency.

Old 03-25-2010, 10:15 AM

600 posts, read 1,374,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doglover29 View Post

Tonight is a perfect example of my typical day. Came home from work, ate dinner, had to take a 1.5 hour nap to have the energy to get through the night.
I'm actually going through the exact same thing right now. But I'm not like that all the time. I think it only happens during season changes. It's strange, but I think that's how my body reacts to climate change (like right now when winter turns into spring time). The only thing I actually like about this 'syndrome' is how easily I fall asleep and how wonderful my sleep is at night. I usually have a hard time sleeping through the night. Not during my 'lazy season change syndrome'

Old 03-25-2010, 05:28 PM

2 posts, read 3,704 times
my dr did cbc and some other blood test would vitamin d show if they just did cbc? i normally dont eat like this or want sweets..and when i go to sleep i feel like i never went to sleep? idk whats going on but its crazy...

Old 03-29-2010, 02:39 PM

76 posts, read 149,089 times
I gave up coffee and it's best thing I have ever done. I have way more energy. I also started eating meat more reguarly and that has helped also. Giving up coffee and caffiene and eating more meat. Best two things I have ever done.

Old 04-07-2010, 07:59 PM

25 posts, read 143,267 times
Ahh where should I start.. just like everyone else said it could be anything. I have fibromyalgia, and chronic fatigue syndrome..been treated for low B-12 and low iron on top of countless other things.

I would suggest a sleep study first because they can diagnose quite a few things in which other doctors are going to poke and prod you and tell you its still in conclusive. They have a machine to help with sleep apnea and a medicine call provagil to help with you issue if need be.

If that doesn't work I would suggest a Nurologist..they will take about 6 vials of blood and run lots of different tests for all the vitamins and other nutrients you might be missing..and they can tell you if you may have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome or something else fun.

If you are really curious try a infectious disease doctor..sounds scary but they have seen almost everything under the sun and while they may not treat you at their clinic they will point you in the right direction.

Few things my docs have suggested are Vitamin B-12 shots they give you right at your family doctor..you will know within a few days if they are working. Also Vitamin B Complex you can get it anywear (walmart, meijers)..its a yellow vitamin that helps with energy...take it as soon as you can get yourself up in the morning and usually it will give you a little boost. Not "the cure" or anything but may help til you can figure out if what you are feeling is normal or you need a little help.

Good luck

Old 04-11-2010, 06:16 AM

9,195 posts, read 20,215,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetheart1311 View Post
I'm actually going through the exact same thing right now. But I'm not like that all the time. I think it only happens during season changes. It's strange, but I think that's how my body reacts to climate change (like right now when winter turns into spring time). The only thing I actually like about this 'syndrome' is how easily I fall asleep and how wonderful my sleep is at night. I usually have a hard time sleeping through the night. Not during my 'lazy season change syndrome'
The original poster hasn't posted since 12-08-2008
She just stopped coming here; I have no clue why.

Old 04-11-2010, 05:35 PM

3,836 posts, read 6,609,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drrick View Post
here is something i neglected to mention the other day.. i didn't want to make the post too long.. but its fairly common to be deficient in zinc. zinc is needed for many functions in the body.. and is part of 70 different enzymes..
there is a nice, quick easy taste test i do with my patients to determine if they are deficient... ask your local healthcare provider, or they should be able to do it at the healthfood store... you use a zinc solution as a mouthwash and rate the taste..
also, if you are under extreme stress, vitamin B def is common.. vitamin b12 is common if you are over say... 40 (depending on many other factors though).. so you may want to consider looking into a b complex and a sublingual b12. if your stomach acid is low (a very common problem) and your intrinsic factor is low, you may not be able to absorb b12 by ingesting it...
if you need help with all of this, feel free to contact me. i treat people all over the country, and use a non invasive lab test...
but if you have some one locally, these are things to possibly explore.
good luck!
If you're low on zinc, will taking supplements rectify the situation?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness