U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 08:51 AM

2,489 posts, read 6,451,677 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
hot chicken soup? what if i am a vegetarian?

Supposedly there is something in chicken soup that makes you feel better. I don't know if it is a mental thing in combination with the heat and the liquids or what. You could always make a good veggie soup or minestrone. You will still be getting the liquids and some vitamins too and the heat to loosen everything up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 08:51 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,084,152 times
Quote:
Hmm, skim the chicken out? Use plain chicken broth? Of course, that's made with chicken, also. Wow! Not being a vegetarian, you caught me flat-footed on that one. I'll have to think about that. Maybe you could "google" some ideas?

Old 01-03-2008, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
Supposedly there is something in chicken soup that makes you feel better. I don't know if it is a mental thing in combination with the heat and the liquids or what. You could always make a good veggie soup or minestrone. You will still be getting the liquids and some vitamins too and the heat to loosen everything up.
Now, that's a good idea, for all our vegetarians! I sure didn't know what to tell Nicolepsy about that problem.

Old 01-03-2008, 08:55 AM

4,730 posts, read 17,500,957 times
Quote:
Amy's No Chicken Noodle Soup. Good stuff. Amy's Kitchen - Products

Old 01-03-2008, 08:57 AM

3,099 posts, read 1,914,824 times
43? ive never heard of that. what is it? i am not a drinker so that is why i ask about these things. im on my out to the store for throat lozenges for my daughter. im wondering if they make sucrets anymore? i remember those weird numbing lozenges from my childhood. i dont think i can bring myself to buy a bottle of brandy while im out though. i remember the other day seeing a man walk out of a liquor store with a non descript brown paper bag and it gave me a bad feeling because he had alcoholic written all over him. i am just a bit sensitive when it comes to drinking so i dont know if i can bring myself to buy any brandy. now, if you were here and just offered me a hot toddy then i would maybe say yes, thank you, dont mind if i do!

Old 01-03-2008, 09:16 AM

Quote:
43? ive never heard of that. what is it? i am not a drinker so that is why i ask about these things. im on my out to the store for throat lozenges for my daughter. im wondering if they make sucrets anymore? i remember those weird numbing lozenges from my childhood. i dont think i can bring myself to buy a bottle of brandy while im out though. i remember the other day seeing a man walk out of a liquor store with a non descript brown paper bag and it gave me a bad feeling because he had alcoholic written all over him. i am just a bit sensitive when it comes to drinking so i dont know if i can bring myself to buy any brandy. now, if you were here and just offered me a hot toddy then i would maybe say yes, thank you, dont mind if i do!
Well, I can understand your sensitivity. I used to be more so, myself. I just finally came to the conclusion that I am not responsible for another person's actions, (i.e. the alcoholic), nor am I pushing him down that path, as I am not offering him a drink. I would never offer alcohol to anyone, friend or foe, (not that I have any of those), whom I knew had a problem. For myself, I don't drink much, anyway. An occasional margarita, a little Bailey's in my coffee, (and that isn't every day), and sometimes that 43 with orange juice, is my usual thing.

As to 43, that's how it's actually labelled, with the number, 43. It also has it in Spanish, under the number, and it is from Spain. It's a liqueur, though I don't know what it is made from. I just know that it's good with orange juice, (my daughter introduced me to it, when she came home for a summer visit, from Germany). Kind of reminds me of an orange julius. As long as you don't get carried away with it, there isn't a heavy alcohol taste, which, as silly as it may sound, I don't care for. So, I am really picky about my mixed drinks, and I rarely drink anything straight, although a small bit of Disarono isn't too bad, if you sip it.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:22 AM

oh celtic lady, i hope you didnt think i was saying that your liking an occasional drink was bad. i didnt mean that! i just cant see myself buying a whole bottle of brandy and letting it go to waste you know?

Old 01-03-2008, 09:45 AM

Quote:
oh celtic lady, i hope you didnt think i was saying that your liking an occasional drink was bad. i didnt mean that! i just cant see myself buying a whole bottle of brandy and letting it go to waste you know?
Gosh, no! That didn't even occur to me. I just thought you meant that it felt funny to you to be patronizing a liquor store, maybe because you weren't real comfortable with drinking, or maybe because you felt you would be "helping" someone else get his alcohol, by patronizing the liquor store. Something like that. I was just trying to say, in my earlier post, that I understood, if that's where you were coming from. I don't know if I'm explaining myself very well, (one of the problems of not conversing in person), but truly, I didn't take offense. Like I said, it didn't occur to me.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:26 AM

okay great! (i highly doubt YOU are the one with the communication prob!)

it's me im sure.

Old 01-03-2008, 10:34 AM

15,371 posts, read 33,772,788 times
Quote:
Nicklepepsi.....go to a store that sells minatures......you get like two shots in a minature booze bottle.....then you can go to work and tell em ya drank a whole bottle of brandy and you feel GOOOOOD>
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness