U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 10:47 AM

2,489 posts, read 6,443,213 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Nicklepepsi.....go to a store that sells minatures......you get like two shots in a minature booze bottle.....then you can go to work and tell em ya drank a whole bottle of brandy and you feel GOOOOOD>
Funny!!!! I just send my husband to the store to pick up some whiskey for me. I figure that when I get better I will be living the high life on whiskey sours. Woo Hoo!!!.

Celtic Lady I looked up recipes for hot toddy's. No one seems to really agree except it should be one part alcohol (whiskey, brandy, bourbon, rum and on and on) Lemon, honey, hot water or tea and sometimes various spices thrown in. Sooooo I am anxiously waiting for my hubby to get home so I can retire with my drink and go to bed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2008, 11:49 AM

3,099 posts, read 1,905,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
Nicklepepsi.....go to a store that sells minatures......you get like two shots in a minature booze bottle.....then you can go to work and tell em ya drank a whole bottle of brandy and you feel GOOOOOD>
that is a great idea! butt are you sure i dont have to buy a first class plane ticket to rio in order to get a miniature? ive never seen them anywhere. are you trying to get rid of me?

are you saying that i'd feel good after telling people that i drank a WHOLE bottle because then i'd look like a woman who can hold her liquor?

Old 01-03-2008, 03:30 PM

1,921 posts, read 5,078,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingtohouston View Post
Celtic Lady I looked up recipes for hot toddy's. No one seems to really agree except it should be one part alcohol (whiskey, brandy, bourbon, rum and on and on) Lemon, honey, hot water or tea and sometimes various spices thrown in. Sooooo I am anxiously waiting for my hubby to get home so I can retire with my drink and go to bed.
Well, I guess it doesn't matter then, which is good. You can use whatever appeals to you. I hope it makes you feel better.

Old 01-03-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolepsy View Post
that is a great idea! butt are you sure i dont have to buy a first class plane ticket to rio in order to get a miniature? ive never seen them anywhere. are you trying to get rid of me?
Yeah, that is a good idea! I didn't even think about it. I don't know about any liquor stores in your area, but our closest one does sell miniatures, of different types. The last time I was in there, I bought one of Southern Comfort, for my son to try, and I bought one of St. Brendan's, which is an Irish Creme, (it was okay, but I prefer the original, Bailey's).

Old 01-03-2008, 05:15 PM

actually NOW im starting to crave some miniatures (of alcohol)!!!

i had no idea about the miniature thing!

plus, anything tiny is cute!

Old 01-03-2008, 06:29 PM

Quote:
actually NOW im starting to crave some miniatures (of alcohol)!!!

i had no idea about the miniature thing!

plus, anything tiny is cute!
Then you'd like my miniature horse! He's cute!

Old 01-03-2008, 06:33 PM

yes yes! is that called a shetland pony? does he drink nyquil also?

Old 01-03-2008, 06:57 PM

139 posts, read 345,222 times
Quote:
i have a question please. i took nyquil last nite (i never take any medicines, well hardly ever at all) and was looking forward to a wonderful sleep because i always heard that nyquil will KNOCK YOU OUT! (i took some because i am exhausted and coming down with cold or flu). well, i had the worst sleep ever! my brain wouldnt shut down and i feel like i was awake all nite.
does anyone know why i would react this way? should i take dayquil instead for a good nights sleep?
Maybe try Benadryl? That stuff knocks me right out within an hour xD lol

Old 01-03-2008, 07:28 PM

9,483 posts, read 10,707,688 times
Anything is better than the green death.

Old 01-03-2008, 07:43 PM

2,493 posts, read 3,047,734 times
Quote:
i have a question please. i took nyquil last nite (i never take any medicines, well hardly ever at all) and was looking forward to a wonderful sleep because i always heard that nyquil will KNOCK YOU OUT! (i took some because i am exhausted and coming down with cold or flu). well, i had the worst sleep ever! my brain wouldnt shut down and i feel like i was awake all nite.
does anyone know why i would react this way? should i take dayquil instead for a good nights sleep?
Yes, as I recall, it does pump you up. Tylenol PM works better, but i have some special "blue" pills a friend gave me that work the best. They are some form of valium anti-anxiety drug, and wow, do they help me relax.

but best yet, just have a glass of milk.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness