U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you wash your hands after visiting the restroom?
Yes 168 88.89%
No 21 11.11%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 11:50 AM

25,630 posts, read 30,437,921 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotleyCrew View Post
I sadly think women are some of the worst when it comes to washing hands. Can't tell you how many women, after a number 2, just hit the door and leave. Grosses me out. I even use paper towels to open the door. I don't even like shaking hands anymore. I also carry sanitizer with me everywhere......
Thats what my wife says as well.

She is always saying how disgusted she is about the lack of hand washing in her office. She pushed to have a big sign on the back of all the bathroom doors in bold red letters reminding people to wash their hands.

She has resorted to talking loudly about it in the breakroom with her co-workers when she spots an offender in the room.

I love that woman.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2014, 11:54 AM

14,330 posts, read 19,545,592 times
Default Absolutely

I wash when I get there and wash afterwards too.

There are many men who don't wash at all from what I've observed.

Old 12-12-2014, 11:55 AM

5,225 posts, read 3,637,448 times
I use sanitizer after handling a menu.

Old 12-12-2014, 12:42 PM

26,354 posts, read 24,519,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern man View Post
I use sanitizer after handling a menu.
good one!

Old 12-12-2014, 01:19 PM

9,536 posts, read 7,841,803 times
OK, so you wash your hands every time you go to the rest room before returning to work.
Are you aware that the top of the average office desk is more germ laden than a public toilet seat?
Yet, you go to Target and wipe the shopping cart handle with a sanitizing wipe before touching it.
Then you get in your car and touch the steering wheel, another germ laden surface!
Studies have shown that people who are slightly less "clean-freak" actually have fewer illnesses than those who are!
In fact, studies have shown that there is room for concern that we may be sterilizing ourselves into a huge disease outbreak. We have actually tried to become so germ free that our immune systems may be compromised, and when a new bug crops up we may not be able to fight it off!
Those who are less than "clean" may be the only ones who survive!

Old 12-12-2014, 01:20 PM

24,889 posts, read 21,064,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Four years ago, the society sponsored a study to see how often people take time for soap and water in restrooms. Researchers stood around, endlessly combing their hair or putting on makeup, while watching what people did. Or didn’t do.

They found that about one-third of Americans skipped washing. So the society sponsored a “clean hands campaign” to educate folks about the importance of hand washing in stopping the spread of colds, diarrhea and other infectious diseases.

Study: Americans Don't Wash Their Hands Enough - ABC News

sheesh 1/3 don't wash their hands
And the people that do don't actually do it long enough.

A person should use warm, almost hot water, soap, and wash your hands while singing "twinkle twinkle little star" in your head. Until you reach the end of the song, you haven't washed your hands long enough.

Old 12-12-2014, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redraven View Post
OK, so you wash your hands every time you go to the rest room before returning to work.
Are you aware that the top of the average office desk is more germ laden than a public toilet seat?
Yet, you go to Target and wipe the shopping cart handle with a sanitizing wipe gefore touching it.
Then you get in your car and touch the steering wheel, another germ laden surface!
Studies have shown that people who are slightly less "clean-freak" actually have fewer illnesses than those who are!
In fact, studies have shown that there is room for concern that we may be sterilizing ourselves into a huge disease outbreak. We have actually tried to become so germ free that our immune systems may be compromised, and when a new bug crops up we may not be able to fight it off!
Those who are less than "clean" may be the only ones who survive!
What is it with you extremists on either side of this issue.

Washing your hands frequently with REGULAR soap if not going to make you less resistant to germs/illness than the slob that likes to put remants of feces in his/her mouth.

Your confusing and conflating the over use of antibacterials and people with mysophobia.

Old 12-12-2014, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memphis1979 View Post
And the people that do don't actually do it long enough.

A person should use warm, almost hot water, soap, and wash your hands while singing "twinkle twinkle little star" in your head. Until you reach the end of the song, you haven't washed your hands long enough.
Personally I like row row row your boat only three vesus though.

Old 12-12-2014, 01:27 PM

654 posts, read 1,072,804 times
Whenever I go the public restroom, I see (corner of my eye) people exiting the stall and go straight out of the restroom and leave without washing hands. Not all the time, but at least one or two people everytime I go, I see it.
I've seen Americans do it, Asians, Mexicans, blacks...Euros do it.

I've seen the pee and go people, and maybe they didnt touch their dodad...but still!

Old 12-12-2014, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestgump99 View Post
Whenever I go the public restroom, I see (corner of my eye) people exiting the stall and go straight out of the restroom and leave without washing hands. Not all the time, but at least one or two people everytime I go, I see it.
I've seen Americans do it, Asians, Mexicans, blacks...Euros do it.

I've seen the **** and go people, and maybe they didnt touch their dodad...but still!
Kind of like a box of chocolates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or