Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you wash your hands after visiting the restroom?
Yes 168 88.89%
No 21 11.11%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2014, 11:29 AM

39,222 posts, read 27,592,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
it is pretty pathetic when you think about it, isn't it?
..... spread of colds, diarrhea and other infectious diseases.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2014, 11:31 AM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BECLAZONE View Post
I find the doors on restrooms a problem, you still need to touch them to get out, and not everyone washes.
Interestingly, the restrooms and restroom doors are some of the cleanest surfaces in the average office building. They're systematically cleaned and most people who touch the restroom door have washed their hands not 10 seconds previously.

Germ transfer takes place in the break room - microwave handles, refrigerator handles, breakroom faucet (bad one, that one - humidity makes bacteria happy). Keyboards and phones are disgusting, but tend to be used by one person only.

And your best for the highest concentration of germs in the workplace? The elevator call button on the ground floor. Everybody touches that.

Level of Bacteria on Elevator Buttons 40 Times Higher Than on Public Toilet Seats

Old 12-12-2014, 11:31 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Like someone else said--it depends on the restroom.
I don't understand, so your saying you use the restroom but do not wash your hands if it's dirty?

Old 12-12-2014, 11:35 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,268 times
Me going to the bathroom in a public restroom. Walk in, pull down pants, pee, leave.

What are you guys doing in these bathrooms? Cartwheeling in the front door, running your hands along the counter, licking the sliding locks, rubbing your forearms below the rim of the toilet, peeing all over the place only to then bojangle across the floor in bare feet to arrive at the sink where you smell the glass and rub your ears on the towel dispenser?

Good grief.

The only thing I touch are my own johnson and that is never dirty and is in fact a piece of art. Ask my wife.

Old 12-12-2014, 11:36 AM

28,892 posts, read 30,262,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplcr0331 View Post
Me going to the bathroom in a public restroom. Walk in, pull down pants, pee, leave.

What are you guys doing in these bathrooms? Cartwheeling in the front door, running your hands along the counter, licking the sliding locks, rubbing your forearms below the rim of the toilet, peeing all over the place only to then bojangle across the floor in bare feet to arrive at the sink where you smell the glass and rub your ears on the towel dispenser?

Good grief.

The only things I touch are my own johnson and that is never dirty and is in fact a piece of art. Ask my wife.
your kidding right?

Old 12-12-2014, 11:37 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:

Good grief.

The only things I touch are my own johnson and that is never dirty and is in fact a piece of art. Ask my wife.
Even my dog licks himself after pissing.

Old 12-12-2014, 11:38 AM

1,989 posts, read 2,535,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Even my dog licks himself after pissing.

If I could do that, I would never leave the house.

Old 12-12-2014, 11:43 AM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
Quote:
If I could do that, I would never leave the house.
Point taken.

Old 12-12-2014, 11:43 AM

9,319 posts, read 18,744,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
Sorry to say, I believe this is a huge problem in America...we're not as clean as we used to be....

actually, they don't clean public rest rooms and hospitals like they should any longer....

but was wondering, on the topic of cleanliness, do you wash your hands after visiting the restroom

and please share your stories on any of these subjects if you like

I think not washing hands and cleanliness or lack thereof has become a serious problem in America.
I sadly think women are some of the worst when it comes to washing hands. Can't tell you how many women, after a number 2, just hit the door and leave. Grosses me out. I even use paper towels to open the door. I don't even like shaking hands anymore. I also carry sanitizer with me everywhere......

Old 12-12-2014, 11:46 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,039,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by revrandy View Post

On a related note, I will not use a hand dryer. After working in a hospital and taking training on how to wash hands, dry them etc. I realised that all a hand dryer does is spread germs. If no paper towels are available, I air dry.
Mythbusters did a show on that , I forget what the results were.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness