U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2014, 05:23 PM

13,691 posts, read 13,619,604 times

Advertisements

I have a structural issue in my sinuses and am hoping to go for surgery in 2015. However, I'm wondering if anyone has any sure-fire sinus headache fixes? In the 20 years I've had these headaches, I've never found one. I'm at the family home in Jersey right now (where my headaches are generally worse), and i have a small "steamer" machine from Walgreens that is helping a little bit (I inhale the steam), but nothing else helps except medical marijuana, which I can't get here. Advil, benadryl, tylenol... nothing really does it. Right now I'm in the middle of a terrible headache, and I'm miserable. I feel it right in my eye and ear at the moment, but it could move elsewhere without notice.

Anyone else dealing with something like this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-30-2014, 05:44 PM

15,440 posts, read 12,165,241 times
Nothing ever worked for a friend except Sinaid..that is all I know, soooo sorry...
She tried alot of normal things like 4 aspirins, tylenol, like you have.
Ask the Pharmacist for it....since it is used to make Meth.

Old 12-30-2014, 07:51 PM

6,272 posts, read 18,917,306 times
Sounds like you need a decongestant. I take Mucinex-D everyday 24/7/365. The best decongestant is now kept behind the Pharmacy counter but you do not need a prescription to buy it, just show your drivers license cause our government needs to check all of us to make sure we aren't using it to make meth. I don't like it but I can't live without it so I have to comply! That's another discussion.

Old 12-30-2014, 08:03 PM

706 posts, read 1,439,488 times
Old-style Sudafed (pseudoephedrine) + Tylenol (acetaminophen). Two of each per dose. It could take more than one dose to eliminate the headache.

Old 12-30-2014, 11:28 PM

39,566 posts, read 47,812,904 times
OP...If your headache continues you may possibly have an allergy symptom within your immediate environment. It could be anywhere from a heating/air/filter system to food.
I'd recommend you see an ENT (Ear Nose Throat) doctor, for a checkup, they may even have you see an allergist.

Old 12-31-2014, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wit-nit View Post
OP...If your headache continues you may possibly have an allergy symptom within your immediate environment. It could be anywhere from a heating/air/filter system to food.
I'd recommend you see an ENT (Ear Nose Throat) doctor, for a checkup, they may even have you see an allergist.
already been to an allergist. Turns out I am allergic to absolutely nothing. It's all because of a malformation in my sinuses that showed up on a CT scan (maybe an MRI - can't remember). They need to be "carved out" according to the allergist. He said I'm basically a human barometer. Sure enough, this headache was triggered by a major shift in the cloud cover and a drop in the temperature. It was 48 hours of headache, but the last 6 hours were the worst.

I've moved to Denver, where the headaches are not as intense and where marijuana edibles are easily obtained. I don't use it recreationally, but pot does enable me to cope with the worst of the headaches I get there.

Soon it should be a moot issue though - I am hoping to get the surgery in a few months.

Old 12-31-2014, 06:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggier View Post
Old-style Sudafed (pseudoephedrine) + Tylenol (acetaminophen). Two of each per dose. It could take more than one dose to eliminate the headache.
Yeah, that used to be my old remedy for it. It will take the edge off for sure, but I'm still miserable. :-(

Old 12-31-2014, 06:19 AM

6,334 posts, read 5,072,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I have a structural issue in my sinuses and am hoping to go for surgery in 2015. However, I'm wondering if anyone has any sure-fire sinus headache fixes? In the 20 years I've had these headaches, I've never found one. I'm at the family home in Jersey right now (where my headaches are generally worse), and i have a small "steamer" machine from Walgreens that is helping a little bit (I inhale the steam), but nothing else helps except medical marijuana, which I can't get here. Advil, benadryl, tylenol... nothing really does it. Right now I'm in the middle of a terrible headache, and I'm miserable. I feel it right in my eye and ear at the moment, but it could move elsewhere without notice.

Anyone else dealing with something like this?
I've been having some of the same issues. Right around and above my left eye. It has been hurting for days. Not extremely painful, but uncomfortable.

It finally went away after I took two baby aspirin and drank more water. I usually get a severe allergy attack this time of year, so I guess this is better than that. At least my nose isn't running and my body isn't hurting.

I've had migraines before, but those would knock me out with pain. This was more irritating. I could still function.

Old 12-31-2014, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
I've been having some of the same issues. Right around and above my left eye. It has been hurting for days. Not extremely painful, but uncomfortable.

It finally went away after I took two baby aspirin and drank more water. I usually get a severe allergy attack this time of year, so I guess this is better than that. At least my nose isn't running and my body isn't hurting.

I've had migraines before, but those would knock me out with pain. This was more irritating. I could still function.
Mine are pretty intense. They've made me throw up on occasion. It feels like something is inside my head and trying to burrow its way out. I can function up to a point, but after that I'm just useless. When I'm in an area long enough though, I become a more accurate weather forecaster than the actual weather folks.

Here there's been a slowly building change in the weather, which is what generally triggers it.

Old 01-04-2015, 07:15 PM

6,436 posts, read 3,364,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JrzDefector View Post
I've moved to Denver, where the headaches are not as intense and where marijuana edibles are easily obtained. I don't use it recreationally, but pot does enable me to cope with the worst of the headaches I get there..
I am really curious about this. How did you realize marijuana would work? Does it have decongestant properties? What happens after you take it -- does the headache just dissolve and do you feel too high to function?
And how do you know how much to take if you are eating it in something? Do they now give you help at the stores that sell it?
Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness