Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2006, 06:46 AM

694 posts, read 2,646,447 times

Advertisements

At what point did you start to feel your age ?
For me it was when my bladder became my alarm clock.
(which is not as bad as an older friend who says
" never trust a fart")
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2006, 07:09 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,328,499 times
When I get to that point, I'll let you know.

Actually, I do everything I've always done--haven't slowed down any. I do feel very young--I just can't understand who that is staring back at me when I look in the mirror!

Old 11-06-2006, 11:25 AM

8,893 posts, read 20,289,882 times
When I turned 50 and noticed weight was staying on me more. At age 55, when my hip was hurting me more and more and a found out that I needed a hip replacement done. When I found out that I couldn't drink as much water before bedtime as I use to......to much water/pop means getting up 3-4 times a night. The wife and I notice now that we can not physically do the things we use to be able to do!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-06-2006, 11:35 AM

8,893 posts, read 20,289,882 times
Oh, I forgot, fortgot........at age 52 when I HAD to start wearing Reading Glasses......that was a dead giveaway that I was getting older.

Old 11-06-2006, 07:00 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,608,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammy164 View Post
When I get to that point, I'll let you know.

Actually, I do everything I've always done--haven't slowed down any. I do feel very young--I just can't understand who that is staring back at me when I look in the mirror!
LOL, I think the same way! Actually I got kind of a rude awakening that my age was showing...a few times while getting my hair cut the hairdressers would ask me if I dyed my hair. I didn't get it...why would they ask me that? Then in dawned on me...I don't have any grey hair yet, but by the wrinkles and such on my face, the hairdressers assumed I dyed my hair because....I Look Old!!! Oy Vey!

Old 11-07-2006, 03:54 AM

13,396 posts, read 44,930,726 times
lol Fox Terrier.

I turned 52 last week, and this was the year I hit the proverbial wall.

Gravity sucks, ya know?

It's okay. I can still go to the occasional concert. I still like to play music so loud that it bounces off my lungs. But yeah, I've got the wrinkles, and a few white hairs are sprouting on the old head.

Old 11-08-2006, 02:12 AM

892 posts, read 2,368,029 times
Now, when I don't know the name of every song playing on the hit radio stations here.

And when I finally get a chance to drive with no one (my 3 year old) in the car with me and instead of blasting the usually not kid friendly music as loud as I can, I put on something soothing like Norah Jones. It' relaxing after hearing my son all day some days, but it makes me feel old. oh well...

Old 11-08-2006, 02:17 AM

892 posts, read 2,368,029 times
And when I took my boombox (sub-woofer) out of my truck when my son was born. For one reason that I would never get the chance to crank it up and the other reason is that I drive a suv and if I were to roll it over that 40 pound speaker box would do some damage to his or my head. I still have a nice stereo and door speakers but it's not still loud enough for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness