Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 09:38 PM

13,131 posts, read 20,968,136 times

Advertisements

I assume you you want non combat injuries?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2015, 10:55 PM

22,653 posts, read 24,575,170 times
Deadlifting too much weight about 25 years ago......my back has never been the same.

My back would "freeze up" for about 2 years after I hurt it......exactly like in this Seinfeld episode:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoJ-hM2gF9U

Old 11-05-2015, 02:13 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,672,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk4894 View Post
For me a back injury when I fell of a slide
the worst, by far: was an automobile accident the year hubby and I were dating just before we got married. I was driving, coming home from college for the Christmas holiday: it was raining, I slid off the road somehow and down a 30 ft inbankment. We totally wrecked the car, I broke my sterum, 3 ribs and had cuts and bruises everywhere. Hubby had nothing but a very sore ankle. I had a huge lump on my chest for years, but it finally disappeared. There was one funny part of all this: Hubby had clothes hanging on a rack in the back seat area because I was going to work for the christmas holidays the next day and wanted all my blouses ready to wear (before the days of wash and wear) He also had his suit hanging up. When the car crashed the back window flew out and his suit went with the window but ended up, still on the hanger and hanging from the trunk handle. It wasn't even damaged and the radio was playing.

Old 11-08-2015, 08:54 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
nm

Brain injury, can't remember that I posted 6 months ago.

Last edited by jtur88; 11-08-2015 at 09:03 AM..

Old 11-08-2015, 09:09 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,180,430 times
An decade plus struggle with hepatitis, a spontaneous fractured spine within two weeks of having a major spine operation.

Old 11-09-2015, 01:23 AM

32,921 posts, read 36,316,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabrrita View Post
I assume you you want non combat injuries?
I don't think it matters.

Old 11-10-2015, 05:57 PM

3,649 posts, read 4,494,397 times
I've been fortunate...no broken bones, no stitches, no severe burns, nothing. I don;t even have any scars. I guess the worst thing would be when I was 13 or 14 living in Los Angeles...which is verrrry hilly! I was riding my skateboard down this super steep hill, going pretty damn fast (no pads or helmet) when I ran over one of these bad boys:

Dove onto the street, landed on my right arm/side/hip/leg/face, and boy did my arm and face get tore up! Absolutely nothing compared to the stories in this thread, didn't even go to the hospital. But I remember having to walk home in pain and bleeding. Thaty sucked.

I am 24.

Old 02-27-2016, 10:33 AM

4,658 posts, read 3,654,775 times
As a 8yo (3rd grader elementary) back in one late afternoon of september 2006, I naifly increase the speed of treadmill until reached max. Being unable to control myself I finally fell down the treadmill and end up with my right knee being severely injured + some minor wounds in the chin area. I cried painfully on the way from that gym to emergency

Now, almost a decade later, I can still see the remnants

Last edited by divisionbyzero0; 02-27-2016 at 10:45 AM..

Old 03-01-2016, 05:57 AM

12,767 posts, read 14,959,782 times
Ruptured achilles tendon back in 2008 while simply doing an odd hop/walk going downstairs at parents' house. The 1-day surgery I had did no good...the surgeon said he couldn't reattach it because one end retracted too far up in my leg. I was scheduled for another surgery but that never happened because a wound from the 1st surgery took way longer to heal than anticipated. I had 2 mos of physical therapy & the ortho surgeon gave me a permanent handicapped placard.

It reattached on its own & fortunately, I don't walk w/ a limp, but I can't really run or wear too high a heel shoe.

Old 03-01-2016, 07:29 AM

5,889 posts, read 6,088,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordHelmit View Post
I've been fortunate...no broken bones, no stitches, no severe burns, nothing. I don;t even have any scars. I guess the worst thing would be when I was 13 or 14 living in Los Angeles...which is verrrry hilly! I was riding my skateboard down this super steep hill, going pretty damn fast (no pads or helmet) when I ran over one of these bad boys:

Dove onto the street, landed on my right arm/side/hip/leg/face, and boy did my arm and face get tore up! Absolutely nothing compared to the stories in this thread, didn't even go to the hospital. But I remember having to walk home in pain and bleeding. Thaty sucked.

I am 24.
I'm 24 too, not sure what my worst ones would be but they're pretty minor compared to others here.

Got a scar on my wrist and a few years later scars on my knee from falling on pavement while I was running around as a kid that took 10-15 years to heal.

And then also had a hairline fracture on my finger from a kid at school messing around and yanking my hat out of my hands from behind me when I couldn't see him.

Also got a sprained ankle from soccer, at least I think that's what it was and not just a bad bruise. I didn't roll my ankle like most people with sprained ankles do, I just kicked into another players cleats with all my strength as I was going for the ball and it was all swollen and bruised and sensitive to walk on, but it healed within a week or two. Also sprained my wrist 6 month ago falling off my bike. I think I was taking a sharp turn too fast. It was a road bike and my tire popped around the same time I fell, I'm not sure if the time popping caused me to lose control or if the fall caused the tire to pop... It's is more or less healed now but not 100%.

Last ones were knee caps popping out of place a few times while I twisted around in my sleep while I was having a growth spurt, and then my arm popping out of my shoulder while I was swimming around the end of my growth period. Each time I was able to pop them back into place but that was the worst pain I experienced while they were out of place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness