U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 04:47 AM

1,104 posts, read 3,098,544 times

Advertisements

Thanks guys. Had a nice rest--just always too short. I know I had a dream last night, but already I can't remember it. That's usually the case.
My husband swears he never dreams, but I beg to differ. He's been known to talk in his sleep, so he must be dreaming of someone to talk to. They say everyone dreams. I just think we often forget them.
My oldest daughter used to occassionally sleep walk when she lived at home. Anyone else sleep walk?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
I hope you're getting a good nights rest Grammy. Years ago after my daddy died I dreamed several times he was still alive and they were happy dreams. I haven't had that dream in a long time. I really like it when I don't dream.
My youngest daughter tells me if you dream of someone who's passed away, that means they're close by. I like to believe that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2006, 12:07 PM

2,098 posts, read 5,867,373 times
"Some of them want to use you, some of them want to get used by you..."

I have weird dreams when I dream. When I was little I'd always have this dream that I was being chased through a house (not necessarily haunted) by a witch. It was a recurring dream and always started and ended in the same spot. Haven't had it since I was a kid either. Strange. I have tidal wave dreams a lot....very scary considering I'm claustrophobic. I looked it up, it said that it's related to the pressure and stress you feel yourself (i.e. financial worries, etc.). I've had the same tidal wave dream quite a few times. Other than that, they're all mixed up like several different dreams that would make sense if they weren't all smashed together...and usually, I know the people in the dreams but their faces are sometimes blurred. I've also dreamt that I was crying and the sound of my own cries have woken me up....and guess what, I really was crying because I'd wake up with tears streaming down my face. :astly, I've dreamt that I was suffocating or choking or that someone was strangling me and I've woken up on my stomach with my arms tucked under me and my hands on my own throat. Luckily though, those are far and few between. Like I said, all strange, but I do have a wild imagination, so I guess that's my own payback (as long as I don't commit suicide by sleep, I'll be alright) but it does scare me.

Old 11-10-2006, 12:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
I have tidal wave dreams a lot
This is my most frequent recurring dream. Always the same house (the house I grew up in in Ohio), that means the house is on the lake, but suddenly there's a huge tidal wave. Always wake up before the wave breaks.
The only other recurring dream I have is flying. Actually it feels great. Wonder what a dream about flying means??

Old 11-10-2006, 12:21 PM

622 posts, read 2,532,511 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixieshmoo View Post
...I've dreamt that I was suffocating or choking or that someone was strangling me and I've woken up on my stomach with my arms tucked under me and my hands on my own throat...
Look, I know Pixie-syndrome is hard to deal with, but suicide is NOT the answer!

I have had dreams where I woke up crying, too... in those dreams, someone turned my internet connection off. No, seriously- I have woken up crying before. It's a weird experience!

Old 11-10-2006, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by grammy164 View Post
Wonder what a dream about flying means??
I have quite a few books on dream interpretation. Its a subject that has always fascinated me. I even did a science fair project on it in 8th grade... weird, I had forgotten about that...

Anyways, dreams about flying are supposed to mean you feel on top of the world, successful, accomplished, happy. They are good dreams to have.

I really do believe your dreams show how you feel inside- that they are a visual manifestation of our raw emotions, so, whatever you are feeling/thinking at the time will come out in your dream. So, Grammy, as I would have guessed about you already, you are probably a pretty happy person.

Old 11-10-2006, 12:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Areyouserious? View Post
I think those hands belonged to her husband...
I was just waiting for that... I knew it was coming...

Old 11-10-2006, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariatherese View Post
So, Grammy, as I would have guessed about you already, you are probably a pretty happy person.
Thanks, Maria, but don't forget I have the tidal wave dreams too.

Old 11-10-2006, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariatherese View Post
Look, I know Pixie-syndrome is hard to deal with, but suicide is NOT the answer!

I have had dreams where I woke up crying, too... in those dreams, someone turned my internet connection off. No, seriously- I have woken up crying before. It's a weird experience!

Too funny, I can't stand it LMAO!!!! The crying dreams are weird aren't they?! I feel effected for the rest of the day, all out of sorts.

Grammy: I have some books too, I'll look it up, but I think Mariatherese is pretty accurate with her interpretation....they have great books on this at Barnes & Noble!!!!

Areyouserious: You'll always be an ass.

Old 11-10-2006, 01:44 PM

Here we go again with cheating....keep it out of this thread....seriously.

Old 11-10-2006, 04:42 PM

Grammy, a book I have says:

To see a tidal wave in your dream, represents an overwhelming emotional issue that demands attention. You may have been keeping your feelings and negative emotions bottled up inside.

To dream that you can create a tidal wave with your mind, is analogous to your ability to control your emotions and keep them in line.

But... who knows how right that is. I think what's most important is how your dream feels at the time. I can see how a tidal wave dream might feel overwhelming. So maybe you have those dreams when you are feeling overwhelmed, for whatever reason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness