U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2015, 11:50 PM

4,248 posts, read 10,195,884 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikitakolata View Post
This is just a shot in the dark, but I am wondering if anyone else here suffers from migraines with auras, numbness and confusion. I've been getting migraines since I was 11 years old. I've never been able to figure out any specific trigger and the doctors I have seen have been less than useless.

My mother got these when she was young up to her early 30s. My twin brother and I started getting them in our teenage years. They are exactly the same for both of us. We get white pulsating spider-web like clouds in our vision and they get worse over the course of 30-45 mins. Our vision is blocked and very hard to see anything unless there is a space between these pulsating clouds. After around 60 mins they are gone followed by a migraine. I couldn't move when I had the migraine and I had to constantly spit because my body seemed to be making way to much spit, lol. OTC drugs did nothing to help. I would get a few a month when I was young, never went to the doctor either. But as we have gotten older (36yrs old) there have been far less occurrences. My brother and I still get them but maybe once or twice a year and for me the last 2 I got were not very bad in the migraine department. My brother did get a prescription drug for the migraine but said it didn't work either.

I tried everything I could think of to help. Now everytime I think I feel one coming I run to the window or look up at the sun for a second or two thinking it'll stop it.

No numbness or confusion with it though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness