Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2015, 10:51 AM

1 posts, read 882 times

Advertisements

Has any one had any luck with off the shelf insoles to treat plantar fasciitis. I have been looking online after sustaining a bad injury to my foot after going walking and was wondering if just getting some decent insoles would do the trick?

I think why my feet got injured in the first place is because I have got flat feet.. I was looking at some ones to give my feet more support like so....

http://nuovahealth.co.uk/wp-content/...y-orthotic.png

Will this help?

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2015, 11:48 AM

4,761 posts, read 14,285,568 times
Yes a high instep takes pressure off that tendon (if that is the problem?).

Old 05-31-2015, 12:22 PM

1,002 posts, read 1,966,119 times
If you're sure that it's plantar fasciitis then I would see a doctor just to get it checked out. If you are overweight, lose the extra weight and the problem might just go away. In the meanwhile get shoes that has good support in the arch. Generally some type of cross training or running shoes could work. And you will need to get two pair, at least, so you don't wear the same shoes every day. I've known quite a few people with plantar fasciiitis, watched them try meds, physical therapy, and over the counter inserts. They were not successful in the long run.

Old 05-31-2015, 01:24 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,868,439 times
I had a lot of success with Okabashi shoes to treat my plantar fasciitis. I had it in both feet and it would come and go over the years. I started wearing Okabashi flip flops whenever I didn't need to wear a dressier shoe. The first two weeks of wearing them was fairly painful as the tendons were stretching, but the plantar fasciitis went away after that and it's been six years since I've had any problems with plantar fasciitis.

Old 06-01-2015, 07:34 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,992,840 times
there are stretching exercises that REALLY help...so look that up, and do them!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Health and Wellness